NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Love 2020-2021 Outlook

On 1/19/2021 at 10:26 AM, DezedandConfused said:

I get the DND, but I see no problem with taking a risk at pick 85-90. Even with his missed games last season, he only missed 9 games which were less than Bertans. Love still posted top 60 numbers. His stats are still rare in today's NBA (2.5+ threes, 9-10 boards, 80% + FT) Only 1 other player in the NBA is posting those type of numbers this season (Vucevic)

I’m not faulting anyone for gambling on Love, but for myself I felt the 7th/8th/9th round picks were better spent on a Mikal Bridges, Sexton, BroLo, OG, Conley, or anyone that fell out of the early mid-round.  Easy to say in hindsight, I know, but Love will probably be the closest thing to a true DND for me next year regardless of how the rest of the season pans out for him. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When KLove is injured, he's like that poop on the grass that everyone passes and ignores but deep down, you know it can be dam good fertilizer. 

Love is gonna be back on feb 14. I have a good feeling. 

Talking out of his a**

6 minutes ago, 80version said:

I’m not faulting anyone for gambling on Love, but for myself I felt the 7th/8th/9th round picks were better spent on a Mikal Bridges, Sexton, BroLo, OG, Conley, or anyone that fell out of the early mid-round.  Easy to say in hindsight, I know, but Love will probably be the closest thing to a true DND for me next year regardless of how the rest of the season pans out for him. 

Of course they were better picks. I avoided drafting him. But now he’s a FA and I have the opportunity to pick him up for free, making him essentially a last round pick lol. If he plays even 25 mins that’s a huge steal

36 minutes ago, davidhammer said:

They are going to play Love once he‘s healthy, he‘s still their best player. I‘m not worried 

Best player? Lol sorry but they're pushing a youth movement Love is the past. This assumption his spot is secured makes no sense. Cavs are in a playoff spot and built one of the top defenses all because the pylon Love has been out 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Best player? Lol sorry but they're pushing a youth movement Love is the past. This assumption his spot is secured makes no sense. Cavs are in a playoff spot and built one of the top defenses all because the pylon Love has been out 

i agree although he’s still one of their best guys and he can help but the way nance is playing and not imposing himself offensively (trying to force the issue) and playing monstrous defense, i don’t know if love can stick with his starting position for much longer...once drummond is gone (probably) in the near future and they don’t bring a center back, nance can easily slide to a C spot to fill for JA so Love can still probably get his 20-30mpg

i mean, im fond of love but no one in cavs front office should care for his contract and status when you have a guy like nance playing the best basketball of his career (could be even better actually)...plus aint no way someone is taking that 60mil thru next two seasons after this one, they will have to play him but hes past tense definitely

• Like 1

they are 8-7, very competitive and have had some nice wins already .  Cavs are thinking playoffs right now and Love makes them a better team no matter how you slice it.  He will get his normal run until their playoff hopes are gone..or they will showcase him and try and make the playoffs at the same time. Either way he's going to be involved...

Edited by MNDOGG
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

they are 8-7, very competitive and have had some nice wins already .  Cavs are thinking playoffs right now and Love makes them a better team no matter how you slice it.  He will get his normal run until their playoff hopes are gone..or they will showcase him and try and make the playoffs at the same time. Either way he's going to be involved...

I totally agree. As of now, I still think he‘s the best player on this roster, so his minutes are going to be there no matter what. Of course he won‘t help them in the future, but his role should be safe for this season at least.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

they are in the playoff hunt......Love is going to play and help them reach the playoffs.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, davidhammer said:

I totally agree. As of now, I still think he‘s the best player on this roster, so his minutes are going to be there no matter what. Of course he won‘t help them in the future, but his role should be safe for this season at least.

Sexton + Garland are the best players on this team.

But I agree

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

they are in the playoff hunt......Love is going to play and help them reach the playoffs.

All without him. He's gonna come back and fcuk it all up

16 minutes ago, davidhammer said:

Larry owner speaking here....

Zero to do with fantasy pal. I like underdog stories like the current Cavs. Like I said he'll come back and ruin everything 

1 minute ago, rabaak said:

Cleveland needs something after the blowout they suffered tonight

Yes rest. They beat a super team twice in 3 nights. They wasn’t really ready for this Boston team. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yes rest. They beat a super team twice in 3 nights. They wasn’t really ready for this Boston team. 

Their reward is a slaughter tomorrow vs Lakers lol

They're not paying Love 31 mil through '23 to sit him when he's healthy.  Either way you swing it, they'll need him to stretch the floor next to Drummond (not buying Nance's 42 percent from the 3 to sustain) and to get anything close to a possibility of a trade for him.  

• Like 3