NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Love 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When KLove is injured, he's like that poop on the grass that everyone passes and ignores but deep down, you know it can be dam good fertilizer. 

Love is gonna be back on feb 14. I have a good feeling. 

Talking out of his a**

Just now, davidhammer said:

Give me 17 & 8 with 2,5 3s and I‘m happy

I still think he‘s the vocal point of this offense once he‘s fully healthy 

The young bull disagrees 

At this point I am wondering if Love is ever coming back.  Seems Cleveland is going in tank mode by getting rid of Drummond.  They were 6th seed in the conference not long ago and appear to not really want to compete anymore.  Why would they buy out Drummond or bench him all together if they were trying to win this season?  Love serves even less purpose than Drummond as he is always hurt and in my opinion not as good as Drummond.  I understand Cleveland does not plan on keeping Drummond next season, but if you want to win this season you play him and let him walk next season.

5 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

At this point I am wondering if Love is ever coming back.  Seems Cleveland is going in tank mode by getting rid of Drummond.  They were 6th seed in the conference not long ago and appear to not really want to compete anymore.  Why would they buy out Drummond or bench him all together if they were trying to win this season?  Love serves even less purpose than Drummond as he is always hurt and in my opinion not as good as Drummond.  I understand Cleveland does not plan on keeping Drummond next season, but if you want to win this season you play him and let him walk next season.

Drummond is a UFA who was holding back their youngsters and they acquired a better and cheaper center in Allen. Still long ways to go and Love could help them get back on track or worst case they let him ball out with the hope someone takes that contract

29 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

They are only 2 games from 8th and 4 games from 5th with 40+ games left in the season. Why have my young guys play with a player who has no future on the team come next season? 

Let my young guys build chemistry with the new guys and other young guys as part of the development who could be with each other for 3+ years. Love is still there for his veteran presence and loyalty to the Cavs, the same reason Delladova is there. Also, nobody wants Love contract as well.

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

They are only 2 games from 8th and 4 games from 5th with 40+ games left in the season. Why have my young guys play with a player who has no future on the team come next season? 

Let my young guys build chemistry with the new guys and other young guys as part of the development who could be with each other for 3+ years. Love is still there for his veteran presence and loyalty to the Cavs, the same reason Delladova is there. Also, nobody wants Love contract as well.

My response is if that was Cleveland's plan then why go out and get Drummond at all?  You acquired him and you are in the playoffs play him.  This makes no sense.  I know this is about Love, but Drummond is better than Love and not hurt nearly as much. And if it is about playing the young guys this also goes back to my point than why play Love?  Hence, I don't think Cleveland is hurrying to bring Love back.  And stop screwing around with Drummond.  That is not fair to him to be treated like that.

18 hours ago, StuPitt said:

My response is if that was Cleveland's plan then why go out and get Drummond at all?  You acquired him and you are in the playoffs play him.  This makes no sense.  I know this is about Love, but Drummond is better than Love and not hurt nearly as much. And if it is about playing the young guys this also goes back to my point than why play Love?  Hence, I don't think Cleveland is hurrying to bring Love back.  And stop screwing around with Drummond.  That is not fair to him to be treated like that.

Because they thought it would work with Drummond and now they realized it didn’t hence why they went and got Jarrett Allen.

Depends who you ask if Drummond is better than Love but the point remains (unless a trade happens) win or lose, playoffs or not, Love contract is for 2 more seasons, Drummond’s expire at the end of the year. No reason to build chemistry with a guy who you either are going to trade or let walk at the end of the season. If nobody takes Love’s contract, you are stuck with him for 2 years so might as well play him, you paying him 22 million regardless. At worse, if he ends up sucking he can back up Nance and/or Allen and play spot 4 and 5 backup minutes.

4 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Because they thought it would work with Drummond and now they realized it didn’t hence why they went and got Jarrett Allen.

Depends who you ask if Drummond is better than Love but the point remains (unless a trade happens) win or lose, playoffs or not, Love contract is for 2 more seasons, Drummond’s expire at the end of the year. No reason to build chemistry with a guy who you either are going to trade or let walk at the end of the season. If nobody takes Love’s contract, you are stuck with him for 2 years so might as well play him, you paying him 22 million regardless. At worse, if he ends up sucking he can back up Nance and/or Allen and play spot 4 and 5 backup minutes.

Makes some sense I suppose, but Drummond is not going to get the contract he now has during free agency.  I imagine he could have been signed for a much cheaper deal, but now with Allen and Love (coming back) he is not needed.  I think I heard that Allen got into it with some teammates though so not sure he will work out either.  I'll be curious where Drummond ends up next season and where Love fits in when he comes back.  Love just seems like an unreliable guy....always something bugging him......always sitting out games.  Makes me winder how hurt the guy really is.  I think there has been some question whether he is soft.

Two speedy guards, one in Sexton really coming into his own, young active center and rookie wing defender.

This feels like a different set of circumstances than Love has had in his Cleveland stint, expecting higher fg% , more post-ups and uptick in assists