NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

2 hours ago, pdids911 said:

but he couldn't play vs embiid... 

No one can play vs embid..... he’s the modern day Shaq with a jumper.  

(and when I mean shaq I mean his power post moves and back downs)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, HRHoops2 said:

Any concerns that Boucher might get the Philly treatment from Nurse against Boston's bizarre Thompson/Theis 4/5 combo?

i have a bit of fear with nurse engaging in some more funny business as they get their asses handed to them, so i'm playing bobby portis in place of boucher today. hope boucher balls though, so i can gain more trust in his usage. 

4 minutes ago, shayan23 said:

Does anyone remember if Boucher got mins vs Boston in the playoffs? That would be a good indicator to know if he's gonna play 15+ mins today 

he barely played in the playoffs. didn't top 12 in any game, and on many nights didn't play at all. understandable because of serge and marc. 

12 minutes ago, shayan23 said:

Does anyone remember if Boucher got mins vs Boston in the playoffs? That would be a good indicator to know if he's gonna play 15+ mins today 

24/6/2blks in 27 minutes against Boston last season. Next game 16 minutes and 14 minutes against them in the bubble before playoffs.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

24/6/2blks in 27 minutes against Boston last season. Next game 16 minutes and 14 minutes against them in the bubble before playoffs.

So does he enter the lineup tonight? He’s a 50/50 guy and from what he’s previously done against BOS screams 50/50. 

The BOUCH coming through yet again. Baynes got the hook on the second half, Len was a lot of nothing and Boucher finished the game and was integral part of the rally to bring them back in to the game. Loving IT! 

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

The BOUCH coming through yet again. Baynes got the hook on the second half, Len was a lot of nothing and Boucher finished the game and was integral part of the rally to bring them back in to the game. Loving IT! 

You havent watched the game right? It was basicly a blowout.

Toronto is horrible at rebounding the ball defensively with their current starting lineup. With Boucher at C, they are even worse.

Edited by Snatch
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Snatch said:

You havent watched the game right? It was basicly a blowout.

Toronto is horrible at rebounding the ball defensively with their current starting lineup. With Boucher at C, they are even worse.

As a toronto homer and raptors fan, this is the correct answer. With his thin body he relies entirely on his reach to try to rebound but will never be able to gain box out position against majority of the NBA centers. 

He's quick enough and has great length that i think he would be best as a help side defender at the 4 spot as his ability to close out on a shooter at the 3point line is really good due to his length/stride. 

Problem with our team is that Siakiam is at the 4. Whereas i feel like Boucher should be played similar to kristaps at the 4 as he can't bang with the centers at the 5. His frame also doesn't look like he'll be able to put on much more weight without losing his close out ability/foot speed. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, SpazAB said:

As a toronto homer and raptors fan, this is the correct answer. With his thin body he relies entirely on his reach to try to rebound but will never be able to gain box out position against majority of the NBA centers. 

He's quick enough and has great length that i think he would be best as a help side defender at the 4 spot as his ability to close out on a shooter at the 3point line is really good due to his length/stride. 

Problem with our team is that Siakiam is at the 4. Whereas i feel like Boucher should be played similar to kristaps at the 4 as he can't bang with the centers at the 5. His frame also doesn't look like he'll be able to put on much more weight without losing his close out ability/foot speed. 

My thoughts exactly.

The one thing i like about Boucher is that even though he is so skinny, he is throwing himself in the paint and finishing with no hesitation. Defensively, he looks lost.

He has potential to be a decent 4, but it all depends on his 3pt shot. If he makes it then he can be something like Myles Turner or Porzingis, otherwise i dont think he cuts it.

Lets not forget, fantasy wise he is a hold. Even in my 9cat 10team league.

Edited by Snatch
  • Like 1

null and void all FANTASY advice from people that announce themselves as raptors fans. lol 

the amount of mental gymnastics these guys take to dismiss boucher is outstanding. NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT TEAM YOU SUPPORT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

null and void all FANTASY advice from people that announce themselves as raptors fans. lol 

the amount of mental gymnastics these guys take to dismiss boucher is outstanding. NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT TEAM YOU SUPPORT. 

Yeah right? I went to Toronto boards and it is a **** show towards Boucher. The dude has been hands down best player on the front court thus far, but he only gets shitted on. Laughable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Yeah right? I went to Toronto boards and it is a **** show towards Boucher. The dude has been hands down best player on the front court thus far, but he only gets shitted on. Laughable. 

most of these clowns jumped on the bandwagon when kawhi got them a ship...so they don't actually understand the nuances of the game. but with that said, why the hell should we care about 'real life' play anyway, when all that matters is fantasy stats on a fantasy discussion board. whiteside sucked, but he brought ELITE fantasy numbers for years...heck the guy played like 10 minutes last night and had like 3 blocks. but lets all dismiss everything, because a raptors fan thinks boucher is "skinny". 

Edited by TroutFister
  • Like 1

In spite of 3+ pages now of circlejerking over how people who don't like Boucher are apparently morons, I will remind everyone that the discussion as to his real life value in this thread stemmed from complaints that he wasn't receiving more minutes and people questioning why Nurse wasn't playing him more. The discussion was on the fantasy impact of his limited minutes and the discussion on his real life play was an attempt to answer why his minutes aren't higher than they are.

You can resume shitting all over your strawmen now.

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, QingJames said:

In spite of 3+ pages now of circlejerking over how people who don't like Boucher are apparently morons, I will remind everyone that the discussion as to his real life value in this thread stemmed from complaints that he wasn't receiving more minutes and people questioning why Nurse wasn't playing him more. The discussion was on the fantasy impact of his limited minutes and the discussion on his real life play was an attempt to answer why his minutes aren't higher than they are.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Like the guy here that's in love with Boucher and trolling Raptor fans, dude get a grip. They're talking about his short comings in regards to why he doesn't play more consistent. And if anything, when a guy plays for the team your a fan of, it would be more likely they OVERRATE him via homerism. Like I'm from Chicago and my leagues are Chicago leagues. I went into my drafts wanting both Zach Lavine and Coby White. Unfortunately, so did everyone else. Me thinks that if they were on a team not named the Bulls, they wouldn't have been reached for as much. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, QingJames said:

I couldn't say it better myself. 

As a Raptor fan I would be over the moon if Boucher turns into All Star this year. Let me know when that  happens

• Like 1

Nobody talking about Boucher reaching All-Stars level. Goal post movers at work again.

Ayton is one of the kryptonites for our boy so nothing major here tonight. Chalk it up and move on to the next one... Sacramento Kings. Whiteside is in the doghouse and Holmes is the all you can eat starting center. Boucher starts his game against Bjelica or maybe Bagley. He can handle them easily. Holmes is energy player, but not on the big side so he can work against him. If they show Whiteside some court, just take him outside and punish his lackluster on the ball defense from the perimeter. I am seeing high-octane game with a lot of running and scores even up to 130 points. And our boy Boucher, "Boy Boucher", will get in the mix with 20+ minutes, +10 points (eazy, make it 15), more than enough rebounds and his hands all over the place with some stocks. More than that, Toronto might win a game and "The Bouch"es efforts will not go unnoticed.

Edited by JormaJormala