NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook

In order for Boucher to get ~20 minutes he needs: A -to be able to stop opposing 4s and 5s in the paint on defense. Or at least make it more difficult.

Or B - have an excellent game on offense. 

What I have seen last night he made Saric look like an all star.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

that would be  a bad news for Boucher, he is 27.  I don't think Toronto will go into the tank mode, they spent years  building winning culture.

I think that Toronto will make a trade  for a center on the expiring contract that can play defense. 

Dieng for Powell + McCaw + 2nd round pick  works. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:32 AM, Gile Pile said:

that would be  a bad news for Boucher, he is 27.  I don't think Toronto will go into the tank mode, they spent years  building winning culture.

I think that Toronto will make a trade  for a center on the expiring contract that can play defense. 

Dieng for Powell + McCaw + 2nd round pick  works. 

image.png.f57a9b8126139b0015af1061b3807ce0.png

image.png.1362254b6279e8311939d14771c1cabd.png

Is it Boucher's fault, Toronto didn't resign either Gasol/Ibaka and instead chose to sign a frontcourt powerhouse of an old Baynes and inconsistent Len? In fantasy where it matters for us, Boucher is posting 5th round value in less than 20 min ahead of O.G. who is playing double his playing time. 

12 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

image.png.f57a9b8126139b0015af1061b3807ce0.png

image.png.1362254b6279e8311939d14771c1cabd.png

Is it Boucher's fault, Toronto didn't resign either Gasol/Ibaka and instead chose to sign a frontcourt powerhouse of an old Baynes and inconsistent Len? In fantasy where it matters for us, Boucher is posting 5th round value in less than 20 min ahead of O.G. who is playing double his playing time. 

Now I am dazed and confused...   I was simply saying that Boucher is not the core piece in the Raptors ong term plans .  He is (and will be, in my opinion)  player that will come of the bench and provide some stats. When he gets hot (very matchup dependent) he can have excellent production.

Considering that  right now Raptors do not have  C that can provide good defense, I think  Raptors will trade for one. If/when that happens  Boucher  real life and fantasy value will be reduced by quite a bit

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Now I am dazed and confused...   I was simply saying that Boucher is not the core piece in the Raptors ong term plans .  He is (and will be, in my opinion)  player that will come of the bench and provide some stats. When he gets hot (very matchup dependent) he can have excellent production.

Considering that  right now Raptors do not have  C that can provide good defense, I think  Raptors will trade for one. If/when that happens  Boucher  real life and fantasy value will be reduced by quite a bit

Why will his fantasy value be reduced, he will still have the same role off the bench backing up both spots? He doesn't even need 20 min to put up useful stats. Also u suggested Dieng as an upgrade, Boucher has a higher DEF WS than him, Baynes, and Len. I really don't get your hate on Boucher as the  token Raptors fan in this forum. The Raptors as a whole have been very inconsistent, especially their franchise player, Siakam. Powell their 6th man  who played very well last season, has been unplayable this season. On top of that their bench has not provided much forcing Nurse to play guys way too many minutes. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Why will his fantasy value be reduced, he will still have the same role off the bench backing up both spots? He doesn't even need 20 min to put up useful stats. Also u suggested Dieng as an upgrade, Boucher has a higher DEF WS than him, Baynes, and Len. I really don't get your hate on Boucher as the  token Raptors fan in this forum. The Raptors as a whole have been very inconsistent, especially their franchise player, Siakam. Powell their 6th man  who played very well last season, has been unplayable this season. On top of that their bench has not provided much forcing Nurse to play guys way too many minutes. 

The secret to absolve yourself being a 'hater'...research some talking points from a teams messageboard, then regurgitate them into rotoworld by first proclaiming you're a fan of the team to give off the impression that you're fair and impartial. Also don't know why any raptor fan would be living in the USA (unless they're drake) and have an avatar of a Laker (unless they're drake). Troll fail.

Edited by TroutFister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I don't hate Boucher, nobody will be happier than me if he is an All Star this season.  I am simply pointing his limitations as real life basketball player.  And the limitations are significant.

Baynes and Len are total trash so far this year, they are unplayable and should not see the court more than 15 min per game.

Boucher on the other hand is serviceable in limited minutes because of  his offense.  On defense opposing bigs are having great day against him. Because of his thin frame  all they have to do in the paint  is put their body on Boucher, send him few feet away and finish.  Boucher is trying and has been somewhat successful because of his quickness , but it's not good enough for Nurse's standards on defense.

And that is why Nurse have 4 players playing 35+ min (for reference  Thibodeau/Knicks  have 2 players). In other words Nurse is forced to do it.  

Boucher, in my opinion, cannot provide good defense for more than 15-20 min.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I don't hate Boucher, nobody will be happier than me if he is an All Star this season.  I am simply pointing his limitations as real life basketball player.  And the limitations are significant.

Baynes and Len are total trash so far this year, they are unplayable and should not see the court more than 15 min per game.

Boucher on the other hand is serviceable in limited minutes because of  his offense.  On defense opposing bigs are having great day against him. Because of his thin frame  all they have to do in the paint  is put their body on Boucher, send him few feet away and finish.  Boucher is trying and has been somewhat successful because of his quickness , but it's not good enough for Nurse's standards on defense.

And that is why Nurse have 4 players playing 35+ min (for reference  Thibodeau/Knicks  have 2 players). In other words Nurse is forced to do it.  

Boucher, in my opinion, cannot provide good defense for more than 15-20 min.

Yeah so we agree he's better than what they have at center and he'll continue to see an average of 20 min, which is all he needs to be fantasy relevant. I know Nurse has no choice, but he is playing with fire playing his starters that many minutes every game. Even last season, each of their starters except OG I think missed weeks to injury.

20 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

The secret to absolve yourself being a 'hater'...research some talking points from a teams messageboard, then regurgitate them into rotoworld by first proclaiming you're a fan of the team to give off the impression that you're fair and impartial. Also don't know why any raptor fan would be living in the USA (unless they're drake) and have an avatar of a Laker (unless they're drake). Troll fail.

For your information:

• I live on Vancouver Island (I prefer "boring" countries where people are nice to each other)
  • I was born and raised in the same country as Vlade Divac.  I am his big fan as a player (for the record: Not  a Partizan fan because Zvezda forever)
  • So, please get off your high horse and  let me know which of my posts "hate" Boucher.  If pointing out his flows as real life basketball player  qualify as hate, then I have nothing to discuss with you.

Btw, I expect Boucher to have a good game tonight against Kings

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

For your information:

• I live on Vancouver Island (I prefer "boring" countries where people are nice to each other)
  • I was born and raised in the same country as Vlade Divac.  I am his big fan as a player (for the record: Not  a Partizan fan because Zvezda forever)
  • So, please get off your high horse and  let me know which of my posts "hate" Boucher.  If pointing out his flows as real life basketball player  qualify as hate, then I have nothing to discuss with you.

I blocked that douche a while ago, along with a handful of other posters that are making the rotoworld forums toxic and it’s been much more pleasant since.  I appreciate your detailed insights and unbiased opinions.  Don’t feed (engage) the local trolls and they’ll have nothing to talk about 😉

3 minutes ago, 80version said:

I blocked that douche a while ago, along with a handful of other posters that are making the rotoworld forums toxic and it’s been much more pleasant since.  I appreciate your detailed insights and unbiased opinions.  Don’t feed (engage) the local trolls and they’ll have nothing to talk about 😉

Can't argue facts, lies about blocking people. lol 

2 minutes ago, 80version said:

Thank you, I totally forgot about blocking feature. Blocking that person now  with great pleasure

16 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

For your information:

i didn't want your life story. i'm here to talk fantasy. 

2 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Len only 4 min and Baynes none in the first half, and he's starting for the second half. Interesting.. 

Was about to ask was Baynes hurt interesting 

Edited by affliction