Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

On 12/26/2020 at 7:55 PM, Gile Pile said:

I recommend giving Boucher at least 5 games to prove that he is  good.

 

@Gile Pile's post after Boucher's 23/10, 2 3s, 7 blk game earlier in the season. Pretty disingenuous to suggest you could wait 5 games in any competitive league.

 

On 1/9/2021 at 8:47 AM, Gile Pile said:

13.5pts/1.3 3pm/ 6 reb/ 1.0 ast/2.1 blk /0.6 steals   in 20.2 min  - his current stats for the season after 9 games

Stats above have my respect

 

No, I do not believe this at all, when the reaction to a 23/10, 7 blk game is "hmph, I'd wait at least 5 games". While you do bring up some legit concerns with Boucher, posts like the initial one is why you get absolutely piled on by other posters.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, darkyume said:

 

@Gile Pile's post after Boucher's 23/10, 2 3s, 7 blk game earlier in the season. Pretty disingenuous to suggest you could wait 5 games in any competitive league.

 

 

No, I do not believe this at all, when the reaction to a 23/10, 7 blk game is "hmph, I'd wait at least 5 games". While you do bring up some legit concerns with Boucher, posts like the initial one is why you get absolutely piled on by other posters.

the guys so disingenuous, and then he "blocks" anyone that calls him out on his bs like a coward. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bunnyzclan said:

Lol. This forum is laughably sad sometimes. 

Myles Turner and Brook Lopez.

Regardless, how does someome that has almost 5,000 comments, think 9 games is enough to crown anyone pickup of the year or steal of the year. Are people who give counterpoints to players that are extremely hot kind of a downer? Yeah, they are, but you gotta have some serious mental issues to have such a short term memory.

Just last season people were jerking off to Luke Kennard, Payton, Dillon Brooks, Gary Trent, Kevin Huerter, PJ Washington, and countless of other players that looked like they were breaking out, only to sizzle away and become streamer tier or trade bait.

I don't agree with all of the negativity, but I also don't get people who are already hopping on his dick. Boucher is only a big positive in blocks. One out of 9 categories. Meanwhile, he's negative in points, 3s, assists, steals, and ft%; neutral in rebounds although for a PF/C he's hurting you if you're trying to compete in rebounds without someone like Westbrook. If you have a squad that gives no f***s about blocks, he's really not all that great. Punt block he's ranked 81.  He's not going to average 57% in field goal percentage either. If we ignore FG% too he's ranked 129. 

Some people here really circle jerk harder than the fantasybball subreddit.

I never said he was the pickup of the year, I said name a player that can average 1+ 3PTM and 2+ blocks a game in 20 min. Also, where was his ADP compared to guys u listed Myles Turner and Brook Lopez? If you look closer, I also made a realistic projection of his stats for the season before the season began. If you really think he only contributes in blocks and he is a part of a punt build, I don't know what else to tell you. Good Luck in fantasy basketball. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I never said he was the pickup of the year, I said name a player that can average 1+ 3PTM and 2+ blocks a game in 20 min. Also, where was his ADP compared to guys u listed Myles Turner and Brook Lopez? If you look closer, I also made a realistic projection of his stats for the season before the season began. If you really think he only contributes in blocks and he is a part of a punt build, I don't know what else to tell you. Good Luck in fantasy basketball. 

 

Lmao.

Why don't you go to basketballmonster right now and go see his cat production values. He's literally negative in everything besides blocks and he's 0.10 for turnovers - unless you legitimately think he's going to be a perennial 57% shooter. 

Jesus christ this part of the forum is so much more toxic than fantasy baseball

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bunnyzclan said:

 

Lmao.

Why don't you go to basketballmonster right now and go see his cat production values. He's literally negative in everything besides blocks and he's 0.10 for turnovers - unless you legitimately think he's going to be a perennial 57% shooter. 

Jesus christ this part of the forum is so much more toxic than fantasy baseball

i go to yahoo and see he's ranked 50th in my 9 cat league. i go to my points league and see he's ranked top 75. he's a fantasy relevant player, why you so triggered by facts? lol

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bunnyzclan said:

Boucher is only a big positive in blocks. One out of 9 categories. Meanwhile, he's negative in points, 3s, assists, steals, and ft%; neutral in rebounds although for a PF/C he's hurting you if you're trying to compete in rebounds without someone like Westbrook. If you have a squad that gives no f***s about blocks, he's really not all that great. Punt block he's ranked 81.  He's not going to average 57% in field goal percentage either. If we ignore FG% too he's ranked 129. 

 

36 minutes ago, bunnyzclan said:

 

Lmao.

Why don't you go to basketballmonster right now and go see his cat production values. He's literally negative in everything besides blocks and he's 0.10 for turnovers - unless you legitimately think he's going to be a perennial 57% shooter. 

Jesus christ this part of the forum is so much more toxic than fantasy baseball

 

I would suggest taking a look at "negatives" on BBM from a different perspective. On BBM, a player who is valued neutrally (0.00) is ranked #60. This doesn't mean that only players ranked #60 and above will help, and anyone under will hurt your team. Same concept applies for each category as well.

If anything, you've convinced me that he's contributing all-around if he's still ranked at #129 after taking out his 2 best categories - it technically means he'd still be roster worthy in standard leagues (156 = 12 teams * 13 roster slots). Not to mention that the approach of taking out a player's best categories doesn't make much sense in terms of evaluating value in the first place, other than that it's something you need to consider in your team build.

Edited by darkyume
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darkyume said:

 

 

I would suggest taking a look at "negatives" on BBM from a different perspective. On BBM, a player who is valued neutrally (0.00) is ranked #60. This doesn't mean that only players ranked #60 and above will help, and anyone under will hurt your team. Same concept applies for each category as well.

If anything, you've convinced me that he's contributing all-around if he's still ranked at #129 after taking out his 2 best categories - it technically means he'd still be roster worthy in standard leagues (156 = 12 teams * 13 roster slots). Not to mention that the approach of taking out a player's best categories doesn't make much sense in terms of evaluating value in the first place, other than that it's something you need to consider in your team build.

bro steph curry is a garbage player if you take away his scoring ability. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, brosephd said:

you can tell who doesnt own him and is super envious enough to put him down to make themselves  feel better

Lmao! Look, I'm pissed off that I dropped him on 3/4 of my teams. AND I drafted him. No where to found now and that was before the six block game. Make matters worse, the dude that picked him up beat me by 2 blks. on the last night. Talk about pissed!

Edited by Forever Smooth
mispelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Not an avid raptors watcher. Is he an actual positive irl?

While Boucher has his weaknesses his impact IRL is a net positive one. I believe he is locked into at least 20 minutes per game going forward as he is their best option by far at the center position.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed he had VERY limited minutes in the first half, but after getting his 5th foul early in the 4th period, they kept him in there and he was still aggressive and did not get his 6th foul until way later in the 4th.... 

I am not sure how well he would do as a starter vs starters, but he sure has his way vs second units..He has been Rotoworld's fantasy darling for some time now, so when he had a poor game, I snatched him in a trade for pennies on the dollar from a frustrated owner. 

I enjoyed watching his block totals spin like an electric meter last night. Having him and Myles Turner on my squad is actually quite comical right now.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, darkyume said:

 

@Gile Pile's post after Boucher's 23/10, 2 3s, 7 blk game earlier in the season. Pretty disingenuous to suggest you could wait 5 games in any competitive league.

 

 

No, I do not believe this at all, when the reaction to a 23/10, 7 blk game is "hmph, I'd wait at least 5 games". While you do bring up some legit concerns with Boucher, posts like the initial one is why you get absolutely piled on by other posters.

Honestly, I don't care what you do believe.

Everything I  said  about Boucher in this thread still stands.   TLDR:  not a starter material, he can produce in fantasy when given minutes.

As a Raptor fan, considering their glaring hole at the center position I am expecting Ujiri to make a move soon unless Raptors Turn it around in the next 1-2 weeks.  Playing small ball is not sustainable in the log run, bench is extremely weak

Most likely it will be a trade to bring another quality big, February 5th seems like the date to watch (that's when Baynes/Len become available in trades)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Honestly, I don't care what you do believe.

Everything I  said  about Boucher in this thread still stands.   TLDR:  not a starter material, he can produce in fantasy when given minutes.

As a Raptor fan, considering their glaring hole at the center position I am expecting Ujiri to make a move soon unless Raptors Turn it around in the next 1-2 weeks.  Playing small ball is not sustainable in the log run, bench is extremely weak

Most likely it will be a trade to bring another quality big, February 5th seems like the date to watch (that's when Baynes/Len become available in trades)

 

stop lying. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

how THE FUQ is he bad in real life if he scores 10 pts, blocks 4 shots, and get 7 rebs? whats baynes and len done recently? raptors fans need to open their eyes, hes brought them back in countless games with his energy and hustle. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

how THE FUQ is he bad in real life if he scores 10 pts, blocks 4 shots, and get 7 rebs? whats baynes and len done recently? raptors fans need to open their eyes, hes brought them back in countless games with his energy and hustle. 

Not all Raptors fan think this way some of them actually know just how good he has been this season. Just the one's on this forum seem to want him to fail. 

Edited by XOB
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...