NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Word is the Raptors are in talks for Harden. With Siakum being the potential centerpiece. That would be great for Boucher's minutes. Prayers up. 

They'll try to include another big man in a trade before they give any more minutes to Boucher. Under any scenario I just don't see him getting more minutes. Nurse won't do it and now I'm even more convinced of that after his somewhat disappointing preseason.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

They'll try to include another big man in a trade before they give any more minutes to Boucher. Under any scenario I just don't see him getting more minutes. Nurse won't do it and now I'm even more convinced of that after his somewhat disappointing preseason.

Nurse won't give him minutes at center. Power forward is a different story. He's a more natural pf. Siakum is just occupying that spot. 

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

Nurse won't give him minutes at center. Power forward is a different story. He's a more natural pf. Siakum is just occupying that spot. 

He’s not good enough to play PF, which is the reason he played the majority of his minutes at the 5 last year even though there was less of a backlog at the 4. He’s just way too slow.

3 minutes ago, QingJames said:

He’s not good enough to play PF, which is the reason he played the majority of his minutes at the 5 last year even though there was less of a backlog at the 4. He’s just way too slow.

Well what the hell is he good for 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

I've seen almost every Raptors game in the last 2 years and the verdict is still the same: Boucher is not good enough to play starter minutes. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

Bench role and 25 mpg in the best scenario for him.

More realistically it will be 18 -22 min with some games with extra minutes.

He can produce in those minutes, you just need to adjust your expectations

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Like GilePile said, he can produce decent fantasy numbers in limited minutes and is thus okay as an end of the bench guy in 12 league teams.

In real life? He’s just not good. 

Edited by QingJames

+2 in 15 minutes compared to s---y Baynes 28 minutes and -17, almost team high on that regard. Had efficient 12 points and 2 blocks... Loss to boot. I'm going to predict that Boucher just saw his floor for the year. Its 14/15 minutes to 24 minutes per game with some 26-28 mins peppered in when he gets it going or Baynes sucks/has foul trouble. He will be fine.

Ah, I didn't expect Baynes to get so many minutes, geez.

I don't own Boucher, but I'm hoping the low minutes gets someone to drop him.  I'd be okay with this kind of statline, actually; if he hits some treys, he'd be BroLo.  

• tonycpsu changed the title to Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook
On 12/24/2020 at 1:21 PM, Gile Pile said:

I suggest you watch some Raptors games. It will become obvious why Baynes will get close to 30 min and Boucher will be in ~20 mpg.

The reason is simple: Boucher is not that good in real life

Lol...you said that with so much confidence too 

Edited by affliction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 12/24/2020 at 11:21 AM, Gile Pile said:

.. Boucher is not that good in real life

Lol what? Are we watching the same games?

22 and 9, 5 swats, bangs 3s, shoots high %. He does everything and looks amazing.

Lol while I'm writing this they just named him player of the game Haha 

Edit: 6 blocks now!! Keep em comin big boiii

Edited by gregp
  • Haha 1

A big part of the game is confidence.  I haven't watched the Raptors enough to know how good he actually is, but from only this game he is confident and very assertive, unlike Anunoby who just stands in the corner and watches the offense flow from the outside looking in.

If you know you belong sometimes that trumps actually being amazing.  He looks like he believes he can get it done on the offensive end, and tonight he kind of did.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gregp said:

Lol what? Are we watching the same games?

22 and 9, 5 swats, bangs 3s, shoots high %. He does everything and looks amazing.

Lol while I'm writing this they just named him player of the game Haha 

yep,  I  am watching the same game.  He is playing a good game, probably  the best of his life.  He is chasing blocks too much, Aldridge just got huge offensive board   because of that to put Spurs up by one.

It might cost Raptors the game

• Haha 1