Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

A bit weird choices by Nurse with the small ball unit. I get the idea, but running Bembry, Watanabe and Stanley Johnson for prolonged minutes when Myles Turner was killing them and they gave close range buckets in the end... Our boy came in and had the game winning block though and a decent line. On to the next one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

A bit weird choices by Nurse with the small ball unit. I get the idea, but running Bembry, Watanabe and Stanley Johnson for prolonged minutes when Myles Turner was killing them and they gave close range buckets in the end... Our boy came in and had the game winning block though and a decent line. On to the next one.

Well,  after watching the game I will put few observations here,  use them as you want:

  • Raptors held Sabonis  (1 of 10) and Brogdon (5 of 21) to a terrible shooting day
  • Pacers as a team had terrible shooting (40.2%  vs 47.3% season avg)
  • Raptors as a team played the best defensive game this season imo
  • Johnson, Baynes, Bembry, Watanabe all had good games, especially on the defense
  • Boucher did not have good defensive game  (-6 in 21 min)
  • Raptors won

Teams are starting to figure out Boucher's game.  Combined with improved play from Baynes and the rest of the bench (Johnson, Watanabe),  I don't think Boucher's  playing time increasing any time soon

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Well,  after watching the game I will put few observations here,  use them as you want:

  • Raptors held Sabonis  (1 of 10) and Brogdon (5 of 21) to a terrible shooting day
  • Pacers as a team had terrible shooting (40.2%  vs 47.3% season avg)
  • Raptors as a team played the best defensive game this season imo
  • Johnson, Baynes, Bembry, Watanabe all had good games, especially on the defense
  • Boucher did not have good defensive game  (-6 in 21 min)
  • Raptors won

Teams are starting to figure out Boucher's game.  Combined with improved play from Baynes and the rest of the bench (Johnson, Watanabe),  I don't think Boucher's  playing time increasing any time soon

Dude, your thirst to not be wrong is incredible. Just admit he's better than you thought he was and take the L. Nobody thought he was suddenly going to be an MVP candidate, but he's shown great improvement in his game and is a huge fantasy bball asset. This is the Siakam percentages debate all over again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tredford8 said:

Dude, your thirst to not be wrong is incredible. Just admit he's better than you thought he was and take the L. Nobody thought he was suddenly going to be an MVP candidate, but he's shown great improvement in his game and is a huge fantasy bball asset. This is the Siakam percentages debate all over again.

He's offering you valuable insight/analysis but you're too blinded by bias to accept it. It's not that surprising, it's a recurring theme in most player threads.

Now admittedly I don't know if he posted anything before, but there's nothing in that post itself that rejects anything you said.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Well,  after watching the game I will put few observations here,  use them as you want:

  • Raptors held Sabonis  (1 of 10) and Brogdon (5 of 21) to a terrible shooting day
  • Pacers as a team had terrible shooting (40.2%  vs 47.3% season avg)
  • Raptors as a team played the best defensive game this season imo
  • Johnson, Baynes, Bembry, Watanabe all had good games, especially on the defense
  • Boucher did not have good defensive game  (-6 in 21 min)
  • Raptors won

Teams are starting to figure out Boucher's game.  Combined with improved play from Baynes and the rest of the bench (Johnson, Watanabe),  I don't think Boucher's  playing time increasing any time soon

Sry but I have no idea how you equate the -6 directly with said player defending poorly. That is bizarre to me. I’m pretty sure we watched the same game and his D wasn’t bad. I have zero shares in Boucher btw.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is hater. Boucher did nothing wrong, just didnt hit few of his shots. They went super small and that was something Nurse figured out to use. Boucher could been there as well and do good. Sabonis killed them with his rebounding and Turner just flat out dominated. They did put a lid on Brogdon though. Sometimes you win even when coach has a bad idea. This was one of those times. The Bouch still came through with a line that is his floor. And I will take that floor every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure I can agree with that he did nothing wrong. Players make mistakes all the time. You can argue if the guys who played over him did more wrong than he would have, but seems too rose-tinted not to see faults at all.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SolariNatividad said:

Ok, bought some Boucher stocks (for Marcus Smart), 2 3s and 2 BLKs should be the floor right?

The 2 games against the Pacers are so wildly different (21 mins vs 29 mins), was it because Domantas was out?

He's currently shooting an unsustainable 45.3% from three-point land and is averaging only 1.7 threes per game. 2 per game is not his floor. Might be his ceiling.

The Raptors are likely in the market for a big man. Whether or not they acquire one before the trade deadline and what that would mean for Boucher remains to be seen, but that alone makes it difficult to say what his floor looks like.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SolariNatividad said:

Ok, bought some Boucher stocks (for Marcus Smart), 2 3s and 2 BLKs should be the floor right?

The 2 games against the Pacers are so wildly different (21 mins vs 29 mins), was it because Domantas was out?

1.6 3's and 2 blks is his floor , he's one of the few 36 per minute beasts who's numbers actually live up to the hype

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt the Raptors are in search of another big man, having both Boucher and Baynes on the team. And if they do go after another big man, it would likely be a low-end bench guy for added depth.

The Raptors are so much better with Boucher on the floor. I don't know how many close-out 3PA Blocks he's had this season.

I understand if Nick Nurse doesn't want to play him 35 minutes a night, but Boucher should be receiving 25-30 minutes nightly. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a YUUUUGE Bucks fan and I was initially worried about Chris doing a number on them. Then, I remembered that Nurse is an idiot, and quit worrying.....Situation resolved....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...