NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

i think he was late for a switch and the main reason why the raptors lost...so he sucks. all good is null and void.

am i doing it right?

Baynes is Raptors starting C for now, Bouch should be out of the league (experiment over). Toronto is now trading for another C.

is it correct?

3 hours ago, TroutFister said:

did raptors fan gile pile post after his last game? you'd think the raptors fan would be happy about bouchers performance. 😅

Probably thinking Boucher is the reason they lost the game.

While he does bring up some legit concerns with Boucher, it’s rather upsetting to see the dismissiveness overall, saying that he’ll never be a good player due to his age and physical build.

As a fan of a sports team, I’d root and stick by any of their players for better or worse like family, just as long as they have the right attitude and put in the effort. Just unfortunate that supposed fans would outright reject Boucher saying he sucks and won’t ever amount to anything.

These days I look forward for big lines from Boucher - not only because it helps my fantasy team, but for silencing the doubters.

• Like 4

You are not a basketball fan nor are you any good at analyzing basketball if you **** on player like Boucher. Just a clout chasing hater with no soul. But our boy keeps bringing the goods and bringing the good vibes. Lets just bath in them! WOOOOOO!

200.gif

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, darkyume said:

Probably thinking Boucher is the reason they lost the game.

While he does bring up some legit concerns with Boucher, it’s rather upsetting to see the dismissiveness overall, saying that he’ll never be a good player due to his age and physical build.

As a fan of a sports team, I’d root and stick by any of their players for better or worse like family, just as long as they have the right attitude and put in the effort. Just unfortunate that supposed fans would outright reject Boucher saying he sucks and won’t ever amount to anything.

These days I look forward for big lines from Boucher - not only because it helps my fantasy team, but for silencing the doubters.

I am 😁

The truth is I am not on this forums a  lot  anymore (I found /r/fantasybball/  much more helpful and with better, more substastantial  discussions).  Why  I left? 

Well,  during the season RW player's threads have turned into  a very predictable pattern:

RW crowd establishes the expectations for the season.  Expectations are set in stone, it's never player's fault.

Then some posters dare to disagree with the crowd, pointing to the obvious things that might jeopardize the expectations set by the crowd.   If you point to lack of certain skills, bad effort, low basketball IQ or physical limitations  crowd comes in with the giant "hater" sticker. 

When said player does not  meet expectations set by the crowd, then it is always: 

- coach <insert name here> is an idiot, he should play <insert name here>  30 min

- if <team name here> does not play him 30+ min, they will never win anything

- < insert name here> should start instead of <name here>

Then, said player has good game(s), and "where are the haters now"  calling starts with twisting the words to make "haters"  look even worse.  An example is "saying that he’ll never be a good player due to his age and physical build" (all I ever said is that Boucher is  not good enough to play starters minutes on consistent basis and that he can be productive in given minutes).  

I used to come here to  find meaningful discussions and learn new things that will make me better fantasy player.  Last time that happened was in SGA thread (thanks Mr Canataloupe).  I might come back in the offseason when all the cheer leading stops  and you can have meaningful discussion again.

So, enjoy  the fantasy basketball and great season that Boucher is having.

Sorry to rain on your parade after Boucher's good game, but I have two questions for all of you: If you started Boucher every game all week, how is your FG% for the week?

If you haven't started him every game, why not if he is such a good  player?

Adios for now

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

RW crowd establishes the expectations for the season.  Expectations are set in stone, it's never player's fault.

Then some posters dare to disagree with the crowd, pointing to the obvious things that might jeopardize the expectations set by the crowd.   If you point to lack of certain skills, bad effort, low basketball IQ or physical limitations  crowd comes in with the giant "hater" sticker. 

When said player does not  meet expectations set by the crowd, then it is always: 

- coach <insert name here> is an idiot, he should play <insert name here>  30 min

- if <team name here> does not play him 30+ min, they will never win anything

- < insert name here> should start instead of <name here>

Then, said player has good game(s), and "where are the haters now"  calling starts with twisting the words to make "haters"  look even worse.  An example is "saying that he’ll never be a good player due to his age and physical build" (all I ever said is that Boucher is  not good enough to play starters minutes on consistent basis and that he can be productive in given minutes).  

I used to come here to  find meaningful discussions and learn new things that will make me better fantasy player.  Last time that happened was in SGA thread (thanks Mr Canataloupe).  I might come back in the offseason when all the cheer leading stops  and you can have meaningful discussion again.

So, enjoy  the fantasy basketball and great season that Boucher is having.

Sorry to rain on your parade after Boucher's good game, but I have two questions for all of you: If you started Boucher every game all week, how is your FG% for the week?

If you haven't started him every game, why not if he is such a good  player?

Adios for now

"RW crowd establishes the expectations for the season.  Expectations are set in stone, it's never player's fault."

- Ok u mean like yourself on Boucher, been saying he'll never average meaningful minutes, while saying players like Harry Giles will play meaningful minutes.

- Don't get it twisted this is a fantasy forum, not an IRL NBA team discussion. All his stats/per minute, his combination of points, boards, blocks, 3s are valuable in fantasy. His ADP was 130-160 in standard leagues, name another player drafted in those ranges putting up his value. No **** a player drafted that late will have their inconsistencies. Even with their inconsistencies and lack of playing time at times, he is ranked in the top 40 in 9 cat. So why don't u take your own advice and provide meaningful discussion instead of hating on a top 40 player on the season.

- Are you really talking about his FG% for this week? He shot 66%.

- He has shooting slashes of 54%/44%/73% on the season | For comparison Siakam has 45%/23%/80% 

- At the end of the day his averages are 1.6 threes/13.9 points/6.4 boards/1 assists/0.5 steals/2 blocks (top 40, 9 cat, ADP 130+)

- For reference, these are some of the other guys that have similar ADP. He is outranking them all in 9 cat for the season.

image.png.7066616a9d3f2846979ca9d92a1201ad.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

First, great analysis in the post above.   It took time and effort to  gather all that information and  post it here. 

Second, it was a typo on my part. I meant: How is your FT% for the week?

9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

First, great analysis in the post above.   It took time and effort to  gather all that information and  post it here. 

This comment alone tells me all I need to know, nitpicking stats on a specific week where one player did not shoot well. Also his value is not from his FT%, it's from his 3s/blocks/FG%/boards.  How is your FG% if you roster Kyle Lowry after last night's game? See how this can work with any player on any team on any given week. 

vlade divac fist pump GIF by Sacramento Kings

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

This comment alone tells me all I need to know, nitpicking stats on a specific week where one player did not shoot well. Also his value is not from his FT%, it's from his 3s/blocks/FG%/boards.  How is your FG% if you roster Kyle Lowry after last night's game? See how this can work with any player on any team on any given week. 

vlade divac fist pump GIF by Sacramento Kings

the dude is so incredibly disingenuous...he's likely going to block you now. lol

1 hour ago, hardyharhar said:

I agree with this dude but reddit is mostly the same. I just think here people are killed more for having contrarian beliefs. 

Well what do you expect to happen when you bring negativity in a thread dedicated to Chris Boucher and his owners .....

Image result for duh gif

11 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

My FT ended up at .796, cause I have enough solid FT guys on my team (Curry, Kyrie, Tatum, Gordon etc.).

Did he suck at FT this week? Yea. But he also averaged 17.7 pts, 8 reb, 1.3 3s, 1.7 blks and 0.3 TOs. Yea, I think I’ll take that for an occasionally sucky FT week (especially when even after that sucky week, he’s at 73% for the season).

Guy’s a bonafide top-50/60 stud in 9-cat, and has been insane value for anyone who either drafted him at the back end of the draft or picked him off of waivers. But like with a lot of top-50/60 guys, there will be weeks where he’s amazing, and weeks where you’ll want to drop him and a lot of weeks in the middle. That’s the different between a top-50/60 guy vs a top-10/20 guy. The consistency of the great performances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Norman Powell has been a better player than KD the last 2 weeks, what's your point?

the same point people are making after Boucher has a couple good games every couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, DrizzleOnTop said:

the same point people are making after Boucher has a couple good games every couple weeks. 

He's still top 40 on the season in 9 cat (ADP 135+). I don't know how many ******** times I have to explain this for people to get lol. For a player that was drafted past the 11th round in most leagues, he's providing value even with his up/down due to playing time. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DrizzleOnTop said:

Jeremy Lamb has been a better fantasy player than Boucher since he got back from injury (the last 2 weeks). 

Cool.

Lamb’s had an awesome return and is definitely worth rostering in all leagues with the way he’s playing.

I personally wouldn’t take him over Boucher though cause he does have a potential expiration on his value when TJ Warren and Levert eventually return. Boucher could be in a similar situation if the Raps trade for a center.

Question - are the haters in this thread just folks who missed out on this guy? I mean, I understand being annoyed if you missed out on a late draft pick who’s turning into a Top 50 play, but man, leave the owners to their circlejerk.

• Like 1