NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook

3 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

He’s solid mid-round value fantasy wise. But not for long.

Real basketball-wise, he is an absolute defensive liability. Saying ‘he’s better than Baynes’ isn’t saying much tbh, cause Baynes sucks too.

75% chance Raptors get another center before the trade deadline, and Boucher becomes late round value with 15 min a game.

I have him on my roster, and it’s gonna suck when his value drops, but it is what it is.

Even if they get a center, he'll get his 20 minutes. Any deal for a center would probably involve Baynes but their best trade chip is Powell who also is a one way player. A part of why the Raptors started so slow is because of Powell's slow start offensively to begin the season. He's not doing much on the defensive end, so if he's not scoring 17-20, he's also a liability. Also, with Nurse's rotations there's always at least 1 or 2 injuries to their starters which will lead to playing time. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

20 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Even if they get a center, he'll get his 20 minutes. Any deal for a center would probably involve Baynes but their best trade chip is Powell who also is a one way player. A part of why the Raptors started so slow is because of Powell's slow start offensively to begin the season. He's not doing much on the defensive end, so if he's not scoring 17-20, he's also a liability. Also, with Nurse's rotations there's always at least 1 or 2 injuries to their starters which will lead to playing time. 

Powell isn't going anywhere.  He's part of the future.  Raptors will be giving him a huge contract (4 years for $80m+) when eligible.  

1 hour ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Big if permanent 

Probably not gonna be permanent because OG is yet to come back. They were starting a small ball lineup with Lowry, Fred, Norm, OG and Siakam before the covid outbreak and they will likely go back to that.

• Like 1
On 3/6/2021 at 12:36 PM, Apollo_87 said:

He’s solid mid-round value fantasy wise. But not for long.

Real basketball-wise, he is an absolute defensive liability. Saying ‘he’s better than Baynes’ isn’t saying much tbh, cause Baynes sucks too.

75% chance Raptors get another center before the trade deadline, and Boucher becomes late round value with 15 min a game.

I have him on my roster, and it’s gonna suck when his value drops, but it is what it is.

Well, that ended up being true, despite the Raptors not even bringing in another center.

Shouldav traded away this guy the moment Jorma got onto the Boucher hype train.