NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook

stay_woke

1 hour ago, Free Ballers said:

Anyone dropping? The raptors have 2 games the first week of my fantasy playoffs so there's that...its late in the year to have a roster spot doing very little....

I did. Huge point on playoff schedule btw, thx. 

Ja-Sean Tate and Larry Nance Jr were both available on WW and more locked into playing time. I chose Tate due to positional flexibility (SG, SF, PF on yahoo) and the rest of my team.  

After the recent trades for Trent Jr and Hood, it's clear that Raptors are going to play small a lot with Siakam at 5 and OG at 4.  Swapping Norm for 2 players was underrated move that fits this plan perfectly.   Raptors added extra depth and  extra length in one move

Which poses a question:  when  Boucher  will be getting playing time?   If Raptors need to go big, Baynes will be next in line as he is bigger  and stronger than Boucher.

ROS  Boucher is looking at maximum 17 min per game in my opinion, which makes him a drop in most leagues. 16 teamers he might be a hold, but barely.

I know my opinion will not be very popular with Boucher's cheerleaders, but so be it.   It's much easier to blame Nurse

• Like 2

I think I will give him a week to see if the rotation sticks. But it makes sense that TOR is going small without Boucher in mind.

He will still have big games here and there but the inconsistency will even be more consistent. (I do not know if I worded that right.)

Edited by SolariNatividad

29 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Another ‘I bench him he breaks out’ game. 

There are only 4 games going today. There is no way to fill a full roster. If you have him why would you bench? Just sayin’. You do you though. 

4 hours ago, ginocan said:

There are only 4 games going today. There is no way to fill a full roster. If you have him why would you bench? Just sayin’. You do you though. 

I’m guessing he plays roto and wanted to manage his games played limit, which is a valid reason to bench bouch 

• Like 3