NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook

stay_woke

6 minutes ago, molski said:

Is 19 minutes really someone who is a key cog on a bad team?

He is not in Nurse's good graces right now but he has been down bad before and bounced back. Nurse could wake up tomorrow and decide to start Boucher, that's what makes dropping him super difficult and risky. With the way this season has gone, i don't think anyone would be surprised if he went back to producing early round value.

5 minutes ago, XOB said:

He is not in Nurse's good graces right now but he has been down bad before and bounced back. Nurse could wake up tomorrow and decide to start Boucher, that's what makes dropping him super difficult and risky. With the way this season has gone, i don't think anyone would be surprised if he went back to producing early round value.

Yes, this is what made it so difficult for me.

But with Hood and Trent in the mix, it made more excuses for Nurse not to play Boucher.

His statline is still servicable, but with TOR fantasy sched, and inconsistencies with the mins, it is hard to hold for H2H.

Perfect shooting: 5/5 free throws, 1 FG, 1 3pt, 3 stocks (2 stls, 1 blk)

With over 9 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, he's already provided what I expect (3 ptm, 3 stocks)

up to 3 steals now, per minute monster

Edited by DezedandConfused

6 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

how will birch affect him?

Birch will play alot. Our beat writer Doug Smith has confirmed this. Considering how awful Raps have been this season with Boucher/Baynes something had to give 

On 3/31/2021 at 9:34 PM, XOB said:

good call

just picked him up 

hope he starts ROS

on the bright side, Chris Boucher had a career night • 38 points (career high) • 19 rebounds (career high) • 9 OREB (more than the whole bulls team combined) • 58% FG • 43% from 3

Look nurse, he got rebounds

Lol, Boucher has crazy high upside.

I still worry that he’s going to pull that tough love BS Boucher similar to what freaking Dwayne Casey did to Valanciunas (who was playing only 18-22 MPG for an entire 3-year stretch). 

So over the last 2 weeks, he’s had a mix of good and bad games, with performances like last night as well as ones where he’s only played 12 min. He’s ranked just outside 3rd round value in that time.

Even if he falls a bit in value, I think we’re in comfortable mid round territory.