Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

In Nurse's defense, at least they limited Embiid to 29/15/4/2/2, he was practically invisible. Only 16 free throw attempts? If Boucher had played more we might be looking at twice that...and it all paid off because that Baynes and Len two-headed monster got them the W...oh wait

Edited by bjav4282
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

Raptors might pull the plug , trade Lowry and stealth tank. That's what there fanbase wants actually. Boucher will get plenty of developmental minutes in that scenario. Very Strong Hold

 

Seems like a New Year’s wish.

Who’s gonna take a bunch of L’s for what ifs.

Just keep a close eye on him, but not a must hold by any means.

Although I agree, it will take an injury or trade.

As things stand he’s way too volatile rn 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They're definitely NOT going to pull the plug on this. If anything, Masai and Webster will do whatever it takes to put them over the top. This franchise has worked way too hard to get to this level of respectability (building a winning culture, making it more enticing for free agents, etc) to just tank it all away. This franchise for the better part of its history has been through so much BS. No way the current regime will allow any of that to happen.

I think he's a strong hold in 14 teamers. It gets a little more dicey in 12s. You'll have some good weeks and some bad ones. It really depends on who they face. The risk is up to you.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've drooled after this guy many times for a few years.  Drank the Kool Aid many times and eventually had to waive him many times.  I could never figure it out when it seemed to make sense for him to get some consistent minutes from injuries and now this year the depth.  I don't have him on any of my rosters this season.  It may have happened but not at the cost to obtain him that others took.  He's very slight for his height and already 27 amazingly.  I think I learned his age from this forum and it made me think.  I totally get why people get excited about him and some of the crazy stats he puts up on occasion.  I don't get why not some consistent minutes.  Maybe this year is the year or not.  Been there done that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

I've drooled after this guy many times for a few years.  Drank the Kool Aid many times and eventually had to waive him many times.  I could never figure it out when it seemed to make sense for him to get some consistent minutes from injuries and now this year the depth.  I don't have him on any of my rosters this season.  It may have happened but not at the cost to obtain him that others took.  He's very slight for his height and already 27 amazingly.  I think I learned his age from this forum and it made me think.  I totally get why people get excited about him and some of the crazy stats he puts up on occasion.  I don't get why not some consistent minutes.  Maybe this year is the year or not.  Been there done that.

 

You answered part of this. He's a stick. The other part - his low bball iq. Stats only tell part of the story.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

Like others have been saying, he's not going to get big minutes against real centers.  Embiid would have eaten him alive.    

Put him at the 4. Coaches should be able find a way to put their talented players on the court and mask their deficiencies. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

the guy is 6'9...why is he only allowed to play the 5? horrid usage of a clearly talented and energetic player. i mean he's the same height as pascal siakam, play your 36 million a year 'superstar' against the big centers instead if you're scared of boucher matching up against bigs. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, affliction said:

Put him at the 4. Coaches should be able find a way to put their talented players on the court and mask their deficiencies. 

 

2 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

the guy is 6'9...why is he only allowed to play the 5? horrid usage of a clearly talented and energetic player. i mean he's the same height as pascal siakam, play your 36 million a year 'superstar' against the big centers instead if you're scared of boucher matching up against bigs. 

Let me say this again:

Boucher is 27 years old, 6'10", 200 pounds.

Siakam, who is not the most muscular type,  is 6'9" and 230 pounds.

Siakam is starting 4, there is no way Boucher takes minutes from him.

There is a reason why Baynes and Len were signed: Boucher is not that good to play starters minutes on the nightly basis.

There will be games where he will produce, but that is based on matchup. Game against Spurs is good example. 

Unfortunately good matchup for Boucher  are limited.

If you invested  top-100 pick, prepare yourself for a bumpy ride.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...