NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

4 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

lol that rotation looks way too inconsistent with Len coming back

Raptors rotation is not the problem, it is Boucher himself. 

He was first big of the bench, managed to play 5 terrible minutes and forced Nurse to bench him.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, ElizaMasters said:

Does Boucher really have any good matchups? Keep hearing it's just Embiid, but what will he do against AD, Gobert, Towns, Bam, Vuc, etc.. All of the big name centers should smoke him. 

Luckily the other ones you mentioned all play out west and yes small ball 5's 

1 hour ago, ElizaMasters said:

Does Boucher really have any good matchups? Keep hearing it's just Embiid, but what will he do against AD, Gobert, Towns, Bam, Vuc, etc.. All of the big name centers should smoke him. 

Zeller

Turner/Sabonis

Allen/Jordan

Robinson

Brook Lopez

Thomas Bryant

Dwight Powell

Valucinas

Vucevic

Collins/Capela

i could continue. All is easy work. Embiid is pretty good and powerful for his size, then comes Dwight Howard and then yeah you getting bullied.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Zeller

Turner/Sabonis

Allen/Jordan

Robinson

Brook Lopez

Thomas Bryant

Dwight Powell

Valucinas

Vucevic

Collins/Capela

i could continue. All is easy work. Embiid is pretty good and powerful for his size, then comes Dwight Howard and then yeah you getting bullied.

Hmm.. I hope you're right! I'm pulling for the Trebucher. 

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Raptors rotation is not the problem, it is Boucher himself. 

He was first big of the bench, managed to play 5 terrible minutes and forced Nurse to bench him.

That's not true. He only played 2 minutes initially then was benched till much later and only played 3 minutes. I don't think they planned to use him much from the outset. Philly has a, lot of size so they needed match that. Just bench him whenever they play Philly. 

27 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

That's not true. He only played 2 minutes initially then was benched till much later and only played 3 minutes. I don't think they planned to use him much from the outset. Philly has a, lot of size so they needed match that. Just bench him whenever they play Philly. 

It’s both. Nurse said he was going to give Len more minutes because of the matchup, but Boucher was also horrible as soon as he came in. Picked up 2 fouls in those first 2 minutes he played and immediately (and rightfully) got sent to the bench.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, QingJames said:

It’s both. Nurse said he was going to give Len more minutes because of the matchup, but Boucher was also horrible as soon as he came in. Picked up 2 fouls in those first 2 minutes he played and immediately (and rightfully) got sent to the bench.

So what I gathered from what you said is that your trash If you get two quick fouls, or basketball unintelligent aka low IQ.  Pretty sure a lot of great defensive players are prone to early foul trouble.  Anthony Davis has two quick fouls the other night now he’s rightfully a bench warmer because he’s horrible.  Your a smart guy 

1 hour ago, Brye said:

So what I gathered from what you said is that your trash If you get two quick fouls, or basketball unintelligent aka low IQ.  Pretty sure a lot of great defensive players are prone to early foul trouble.  Anthony Davis has two quick fouls the other night now he’s rightfully a bench warmer because he’s horrible.  Your a smart guy 

No, what I said is that he’s trash because I watch every Raptors game and I’ve seen him play often in the last two years. He commits bad fouls, but that’s the least of his problems. He’s weak and gets bullied by stronger big men, yet he’s too slow to guard forwards or play PF on offense. He’s not such a good 3 point shooter that it compensates for his weak post play in the offense. He’s not a good passer, he’s out of position on defense a lot of time which lets him hunt blocks but which hurts the defense IRL (think Whiteside) and he’s a really bad on-ball defender. He’s just not a good player. Anybody who actually watches him will tell you the same, don’t get all of your takes from box scores and hype threads.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, QingJames said:

No, what I said is that he’s trash because I watch every Raptors game and I’ve seen him play often in the last two years. He commits bad fouls, but that’s the least of his problems. He’s weak and gets bullied by stronger big men, yet he’s too slow to guard forwards or play PF on offense. He’s not such a good 3 point shooter that it compensates for his weak post play in the offense. He’s not a good passer, he’s out of position on defense a lot of time which lets him hunt blocks but which hurts the defense IRL (think Whiteside) and he’s a really bad on-ball defender. He’s just not a good player. Anybody who actually watches him will tell you the same, don’t get all of your takes from box scores and hype threads.

Toronto native here and I watch almost every raptor game. Everything you said is true.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, QingJames said:

As a Boucher owner all of the above is true lol . He really is booty IRL 

Fantasy's different, when he get's decent PT he can put up some numbers. 

But if you're a matchup based player, wrap it up ... call it a day.

What the hell is even a matchup based player... in the NBA of all places lol. This ain't football 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2

Conclusion:

Raps fans (like myself) who watch their team play have all agreed that he's just not that good.

To the others that just follow the boxscore, don't get so defensive and angry at Nurse. He is what he is. An obvious add in a favourable matchup and that is all.

You all haters, but he is on the court making winning plays on the last minutes... And Raptors taking their first win of the season. I´m seeing good things on the horizon for THE BOUCH!

• Like 2
On 12/30/2020 at 6:20 PM, sharkpotato said:

Conclusion:

Raps fans (like myself) who watch their team play have all agreed that he's just not that good.

To the others that just follow the boxscore, don't get so defensive and angry at Nurse. He is what he is. An obvious add in a favourable matchup and that is all.

I'm a raptors fan and watched todays game, and he looked really good today. Boucher plays, raptors win and also without pascal. Stay mad. 100% those fools claiming that they're raps fans and saying boucher sucks are either not raptor fans or know nothing...either or.

Edited by TroutFister
3 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

I'm a raptors fan and watched todays game, and he looked really good today. Boucher plays, raptors win and also without pascal. Stay mad. 100% those fools claiming that they're raps fans and saying boucher sucks are either not raptor fans or know nothing...either or.

Yeah Raps fans have some strong bias against Boucher. 1st win of the season without Spicy P. Aaron Baynes was awful tonight, Boucher outplayed him but we won't hear that just more Boucher hate lol. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

I’m a Knicks fan and saw tonight’s game as well. CB is uber athletic but he’s maddening when he’s on the court at times. I can only speak on tonight’s game where he struggled to finish around the rim and picked up some cheap fouls. Credit he did make some nice pass out to his shooters and he runs the floor. If his 3 ball is falling it helps as well.
This thread already knows what he can and can’t do and we all know he’s inconsistent. Strap up cause it’s going to be a roller coaster ride throughout the season.

• Like 1
Just now, Cozie said:

I’m a Knicks fan and saw tonight’s game as well. CB is uber athletic but he’s maddening when he’s on the court at times. I can only speak on tonight’s game where he struggled to finish around the rim and picked up some cheap fouls. Credit he did make some nice pass out to his shooters and he runs the floor. If his 3 ball is falling it helps as well.
This thread already knows what he can and can’t do and we all know he’s inconsistent. Strap up cause it’s going to be a roller coaster ride throughout the season.

True he's gonna be a roller coaster, but for fantasy purposes there aren't many players that can post his per minute stat combos with blocks, 3s, boards. Also, Baynes is the starter who has been pretty injury prone throughout his career. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yeah Raps fans have some strong bias against Boucher. 1st win of the season without Spicy P. Aaron Baynes was awful tonight, Boucher outplayed him but we won't hear that just more Boucher hate lol. 

I'll correct myself, boucher wasn't really really good. he was just good, his shot didn't fall but he looked confident and made some big plays throughout. His energy is a big plus for the raptors..as they're at their best when they play an up tempo game, at least this year. 

but yah the faux raptors fans will either be crickets, make a delusional post, or won't post until another poor game. 

Edited by TroutFister
  • Like 1
Just now, DezedandConfused said:

True he's gonna be a roller coaster, but for fantasy purposes there aren't many players that can post his per minute stat combos with blocks, 3s, boards. Also, Baynes is the starter who has been pretty injury prone throughout his career. 

That is true, that’s why we hold and deal with it. Many managers got him late and/or off the wire so we’re playing w/ house money.

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

I'll correct myself, boucher wasn't really really good. he was just good, his shot didn't fall but he looked confident and made some big plays throughout. His energy is a big plus for the raptors..as they're at their best when they play an up tempo game, at least this year. 

but yah the faux raptors fans will either be crickets, make a delusional post, or won't post until another poor game. 

He also was out of position very often, late on rotations.  Not to mention that he got bullied in the post several times by Mich, Randle and Noel.

Nurse basically had to bring in Len to stop the bleeding. 

Knicks matchup is one of the better mstchups for Boucher, at least on paper, and he "delivered".

People who saw the entire game can make their own opinion about him.

If you have him on your team you should have good supply of sedatives. It will be a very bumpy ride

Edited by Gile Pile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

He also was out of position very often, late on rotations.  Not to mention that he got bullied in the post several times by Mich, Randle and Noel.

Nurse basically had to bring in Len to stop the bleeding. 

Knicks matchup is one of the better mstchups for Boucher, at least on paper, and he "delivered".

People who saw the entire game can make their own opinion about him.

If you have him on your team you should have good supply of sedatives. It will be a very bumpy ride

What about the poor owners that took other centers much earlier like Brook Lopez and Hassan Whiteside? 

Rollercoaster Ride GIF - Rollercoaster Roller Coaster GIFs