NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Boucher 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, TroutFister said:

I'll correct myself, boucher wasn't really really good. he was just good, his shot didn't fall but he looked confident and made some big plays throughout. His energy is a big plus for the raptors..as they're at their best when they play an up tempo game, at least this year. 

but yah the faux raptors fans will either be crickets, make a delusional post, or won't post until another poor game. 

I've said this before in a post above: He is what he is. An obvious add in a favourable matchup and that is all.

There's nothing delusional about that. Just being realistic.

• Like 1
  • Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Raps fan, I find the discussion in this thread to be hilarious. Why would any Raps fan be hating on the prototypical Raptor success story? You should be rooting for the skinny guy who has

*boucher hits clutch threes*   raptors fans: BuT hE SuCkS iN rEaL liFe

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

He also was out of position very often, late on rotations.  Not to mention that he got bullied in the post several times by Mich, Randle and Noel.

Nurse basically had to bring in Len to stop the bleeding. 

Knicks matchup is one of the better mstchups for Boucher, at least on paper, and he "delivered".

People who saw the entire game can make their own opinion about him.

If you have him on your team you should have good supply of sedatives. It will be a very bumpy ride

Stop the bleeding? Out of position? Bullied by mitch randle and noel? What game were you watching? I'm guessing you didn't watch a second because everything you said literally did NOT happen. 

Lets go over this revisionist history/

"stop the bleeding" - Len didn't play until like 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter an the raptors were only down 5. In fact in Len's 13 minutes tonight, he played 8 of them with Boucher also on the court.

where did he get bullied by mitch, randle and noel? those 3 were combined minus players with boucher on the court, meaning he held his own. Is the guy a stick? yah sure, but he's energetic and is as skinny as the likes of noel. Not sure why people are so obsessed with his size anyways, this isn't 80's or 90's basketball. 
And out of position? What play? He was the most effective big out of the raptors 3 and that's why Nurse stuck with him during the most crucial points of the game.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

I've said this before in a post above: He is what he is. An obvious add in a favourable matchup and that is all.

There's nothing delusional about that. Just being realistic.

•  

You made it seem like this guy is trash...you'll be here to rail on him an call him a waste when he has a bad game...but will go 'yah but but but but the bad matchups" during his highs. Cut the bs. No one heralded this guy as a fantasy monster, he was a late round pick or waiver pickup that you put at the end of your lineup and play in a pinch. 

Edited by TroutFister
13 hours ago, TroutFister said:

You made it seem like this guy is trash...you'll be here to rail on him an call him a waste when he has a bad game...but will go 'yah but but but but the bad matchups" during his highs. Cut the bs. No one heralded this guy as a fantasy monster, he was a late round pick or waiver pickup that you put at the end of your lineup and play in a pinch. 

LOL isn't that what I was just saying?? He's not that great in real life and the minutes fluctuation is one of the indications of this. I have mentioned my worries and doubts about him at the beginning of this thread, specifically about the minutes fluctuation when some had big expectations going into the season. Look at this game log - 4 games in already and we're already seeing this. So where is this delusional BS statement that you're talking about coming from?? He's going to have some great nights with eye popping stats and some where he only plays 4-5 min. HE IS WHAT HE IS.

Boucher is a Walmart version of porzingas, simple as that people wanna write him off but big time experts are touring him as a strong hold and one of the biggest breakout players this year so yeah 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Brye said:

Boucher is a Walmart version of porzingas, simple as that people wanna write him off but big time experts are touring him as a strong hold and one of the biggest breakout players this year so yeah 

I feel like with Gasol/Ibaka out, he should have more opportunity? Why is Nurse playing other players? Is he just not physically built for a traditional PF/C position? Can he play SF/PF like KD? haha

4 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

I feel like with Gasol/Ibaka out, he should have more opportunity? Why is Nurse playing other players? Is he just not physically built for a traditional PF/C position? Can he play SF/PF like KD? haha

I believe we will see Boucher as a Regular 28-30 min player in the near future maybe a month out.  But he should get 22-24 mins now .  Baynes and lens are starting to fade , they got a combined 25 mins last night while Boucher had like 22-24 mins alone.  Roto blurb sums it up perfect.

“Pascal Siakam was suspended for this game and Boucher didn't get a huge bump from that, (Aron Baynes and Alex Len combined for 25 minutes), and it will be interesting to see how Nurse handles this front court going forward. If Boucher can hang around that sweet spot of minutes in the 20s, he'll be a stud in category leagues with his unicorn stat set.”

so too all the haters saying that either nurse should play him or be fired, at least I was right he will be playing him a lot as the season progresses he will get more mins.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

LOL isn't that what I was just saying?? He's not that great in real life and the minutes fluctuation is one of the indications of this. I have mentioned my worries and doubts about him at the beginning of this thread, specifically about the minutes fluctuation when some had big expectations going into the season. Look at this game log - 4 games in already and we're already seeing this. So where is this delusional BS statement that you're talking about coming from?? He's going to have some great nights with eye popping stats and some where he only plays 4-5 min. HE IS WHAT HE IS.

No you're changing your tune as you were here to mock people that get/got excited over big games, which he can clearly put together when the opportunity arises. You're being disingenuous and trying save face. Move along. Don't care for your 'fence sitting' arguments.  

Edited by TroutFister
On 12/30/2020 at 5:11 AM, perkinsfor3 said:

The new Eddie Griffin / Anthony Randolph / Terrence Jones for Rotoworld in chronological order. 

Ayeeee!! Memories. I still follow Anthony Randolph's career. So much more potential compared to TJones and Griffin. 

As for this thread, there a lot of posters commenting for the sole purpose to antagonize/ridicule Boucher fans/owners. Don't be immature, fellas. If you don't have something constructive to say, in favor or opposition, you're just contributing nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, tremixt said:

Ayeeee!! Memories. I still follow Anthony Randolph's career. So much more potential compared to TJones and Griffin. 

As for this thread, there a lot of posters commenting for the sole purpose to antagonize/ridicule Boucher fans/owners. Don't be immature, fellas. If you don't have something constructive to say, in favor or opposition, you're just contributing nonsense. 

Its a shame Randolph sustained that injury a week or so ago... He was doing so well.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, HRHoops2 said:

Some productive first half minutes at the four tonight (14 minutes overall) for 13 points. Getting consistent minutes at the 4 (and 5) could be the key to his value.

He won’t get consistent minutes at the 4 unless there are injuries. He’s playing well tonight but he’s way too slow to play the 4 most nights.

Some productive first half minutes at the four tonight (14 minutes overall) for 13 points. Getting consistent minutes at the 4 (and 5) could be the key to his value.

yeah baby, I like what I’m seeing tonight. I guess it really ain’t rocket science, just play the guy in plus matchups and he should produce.

15 minutes ago, HRHoops2 said:

Nurse will have no choice when they keep losing games.

15 minutes ago, Cozie said:

yeah baby, I like what I’m seeing tonight. I guess it really ain’t rocket science, just play the guy in plus matchups and he should produce.

How do you determine what is a plus matchup is for him?  Given the Adams/Zion front court, I would not have guessed he would have been productive against New Orleans.  Having said that, Siakum is in foul trouble, so perhaps its just random.

Edited by HRHoops2

How do you determine what a plus matchup is for him?  Given the Adams/Zion front court, I would not have guessed he would have been productive against New Orleans.  Having said that, Siakum is in foul trouble, so perhaps its just random.

Steven Adams is an ideal matchup for Boucher. Duh! 😂

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yea, it took Siakam to foul out for him to return in the 4th when they're down by 9.  Only Raptor with positive +/- tonight

Let’s see what he can do with the clutch minutes so far so good 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, HRHoops2 said:

How do you determine what is a plus matchup is for him?  Given the Adams/Zion front court, I would not have guessed he would have been productive against New Orleans.  Having said that, Siakum is in foul trouble, so perhaps its just random.

If the other team doesn’t have a player that weighs more than 260 AND can post up, you play Boucher

• Haha 1