NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tyrese Haliburton 2020-2021 Outlook

CharlesCC2

45 minutes ago, yeet said:

To think that the Kings traded prime Cousins for Buddy Hield.

I don’t think kings were going anywhere with cousins but their hyping of Hield was cringe worthy. Didn’t the owner call him the next steph curry? Smh

5 hours ago, yeet said:

Maybe he doesn't get injured if he stays on the Kings

Vivek himself prob set that franchise back a decade lol. He runs his team like how we run our fantasy squads.

This guy thought Nik stauskas was the second coming of curry lmao. If anyone saw the draft room video during that pick you would know why the Kings are in the state they are in.

• Like 1

College stats below were a thing of beauty and the shooting is not a fluke. Walton is a clown but this dude and Whiteside (yes i dare say it) should be starting

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
2018–19[31] Iowa State 35 34 33.2 .515 .434 .692 3.4 3.6 1.5 .9 6.8
2019–20[31] Iowa State 22 22 36.7 .504 .419 .822 5.9 6.5 2.5 .7 15.2
Career 57 56 34.6 .509 .426 .775 4.4 4.7 1.9 .8 10.1

41 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

College stats below were a thing of beauty and the shooting is not a fluke. Walton is a clown but this dude and Whiteside (yes i dare say it) should be starting

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
2018–19[31] Iowa State 35 34 33.2 .515 .434 .692 3.4 3.6 1.5 .9 6.8
2019–20[31] Iowa State 22 22 36.7 .504 .419 .822 5.9 6.5 2.5 .7 15.2
Career 57 56 34.6 .509 .426 .775 4.4 4.7 1.9 .8 10.1

Those steal numbers are tasty af. He's already averaging 1.4 - I don't see why can't bring that up to 1.6-1.7ish or even higher

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Vivek himself prob set that franchise back a decade lol. He runs his team like how we run our fantasy squads.

This guy thought Nik stauskas was the second coming of curry lmao. If anyone saw the draft room video during that pick you would know why the Kings are in the state they are in.

So I looked up that video after reading your comment, and what a great example of how incompetent Vivek Ranadive is. It's not even necessarily the pick itself, it's how he interferes with the FO, scouts, and analytic guys like he has even the slightest clue on what he's talking about. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

What's with the low minutes so far?! 

Normal amount of minutes in the 1st half.  They built a nice lead with their starters in the 3rd.  Hasn't checked in just yet.

26 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

12/3/4 with 1 steal and couple of a threes seems just about his averages ROS.

I would say 5 assists and 1.5 steals which would make a dif of 15-20 spots in rankings. Rest around that. Great thing he is very efficient as well so for 9 cat roto leagues he seems a perfect player already.

"Tyrese Haliburton played 29 minutes and hit 4-of-8 shots and three 3-pointers for 12 points, three rebounds, four assists, a steal and one turnover in Monday's win over the Pacers. 

Haliburton didn't break the bank tonight but the minutes were there, the 3-pointers were fun and the steal was nice. The future is way too bright for Haliburton for owners to consider dropping him. If you do it, you won't get him back and he's scored in double figures in seven straight games and in eight of nine games this season. And he's only going to get better."

Gosh, thank goodness for this rotoworld blurb telling me not to drop him.  I was on the ledge and about to pull the trigger.  But since rotoworld told me I wouldn't get him back, I will make sure not to drop him for a "hot free agent."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

The ROY race between him and Lamelo is juicy so far.

I don’t think it’s even close. Unless Hield gets traded and Halliburton gets a triple double, Lamelo has a clear lead. Youngest in NBA History with a triple double. Media gobbles that up.

15 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I don’t think it’s even close. Unless Hield gets traded and Halliburton gets a triple double, Lamelo has a clear lead. Youngest in NBA History with a triple double. Media gobbles that up.

Yeah I'm a huge fan of Hali but I think Melo will probably take it, just because of his "name" value and hype, his flashy stats and playing style and the fact that he's actually a really good player that's helping his team win.

I still think Hali can turn it up and give Melo a run for his money though.

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Yeah I'm a huge fan of Hali but I think Melo will probably take it, just because of his "name" value and hype, his flashy stats and playing style and the fact that he's actually a really good player that's helping his team win.

I still think Hali can turn it up and give Melo a run for his money though.

When you own both, just sit back relax, and feel good 😎

Best part is Tyrese hasn't even been fully unleashed yet. Can't wait for that to happen.  

• Like 2