NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyrese Haliburton 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we can get this going i'd love it. I got the number 1 waiver and im not afraid to use it

What are you saying? He was ranked 47th on the season as a rookie, but he is “way too inconsistent”? Only a couple a bad games.    Go ahead and drop for Cory Joseph.

Fantasy owners want every player on their roster to play 48 and minutes and chuck 30 shots. If not the coach needs to get fired and every player needs to be traded.

Posted Images

His teammates out here sabotaging his assists.

Missing point blank lobs or layup attempts off passes from him. Chums ...

But them stocks  👀

Unleash the Hali !

A trade or injury away from monster lines.

He’s just too good tho, regardless he’ll find a way to earn more minutes. You can’t bench a talent like that

Maybe further along the season with Kings fully out of playoff contention. 

Well see I guess

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fabrar said:

Where are all the people who were freaking out about 2 bad games? Haliwood is legit 

It's because fxxking Walton don't play and unleash this kid

Edited by kane

Very nice showing. But I feel like he should not be thrust in a bigger role too fast. This is just great. He gets to pick his spots. Let him build that familiarity and confidence, then unleash him more after the ASB.

5 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Very nice showing. But I feel like he should not be thrust in a bigger role too fast. This is just great. He gets to pick his spots. Let him build that familiarity and confidence, then unleash him more after the ASB.

Also, he mentioned in the JJ Redick podcast that he prefers to "play along another ball dominant guy".

Maybe that is why he is so efficient.

Yeah. What I am seeing is a lot of driving and jumping, then making decisions on passing. It usually is recipe for turnovers and Im not quite sure yet on his ball-handling on pick-and-rolls or kick outs. He is doing good job with lower usage and controlled amount of situations and pressure. If you have him as a primary and maybe only ball handler on the court, making situations constantly and big minutes... It could come a bit too soon. I like him very much, mature and makes good decisions etc. But still a bit wary if he would play as well with heavier load.

On 12/12/2020 at 9:21 PM, MrCantaloupe said:

I don't mean to sound like an a**, but how does a model "predict" 85% FT for a kid that shot 82.2% in his final year of college (77.5% over 2 years) and 81.7% in high school?

Also, if he scores 3.9 points per game on threes (1.3 makes), but scores only 8.6 points, how is he supposed to shoot 47%, let alone 50.5%? He would need to be either an elite 3-point shooter (like, top-5 PG in the NBA) or an elite 2-point FG% guard (like top 10 in the NBA), or near-elite in both.

Outside of the 26 minutes, it seems like this model is predicting his ceiling.

• Like 1