NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyrese Haliburton 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we can get this going i'd love it. I got the number 1 waiver and im not afraid to use it

What are you saying? He was ranked 47th on the season as a rookie, but he is “way too inconsistent”? Only a couple a bad games.    Go ahead and drop for Cory Joseph.

Fantasy owners want every player on their roster to play 48 and minutes and chuck 30 shots. If not the coach needs to get fired and every player needs to be traded.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BrowKnees said:

Great line just wish he didnt disappear for long stretches on the court

Problem is Fox & Hield sometimes

They forget about the youngster, or choose not pass to him.

Whichever it is Haliburton at times doesn’t touch the rock at all. 

He defers himself just as much, but he’s so young. So it’s understandable

How he plays the game is beyond his years, so poised and confident like an NBA vet. 

Can’t complain honestly, kid is ranked #38th on the season. And it ain’t no fluke either he averages inside top50 weekly

Haliburton reminds me of a rookie CP3 

I can only imagine what he does in year 2, with that sophomore leap.

Top25 next season is not out the question.

If the Kings are smart, one of Fox or Hield should be shipped out. Next year or sometime soon.

Just from a basketball perspective, all 3 together don’t mesh well. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Problem is Fox & Hield sometimes

They forget about the youngster, or choose not pass to him.

Whichever it is Haliburton at times doesn’t touch the rock at all. 

He defers himself just as much, but he’s so young. So it’s understandable

How he plays the game is beyond his years, so poised and confident like an NBA vet. 

Can’t complain honestly, kid is ranked #38th on the season. And it ain’t no fluke either he averages inside top50 weekly

Haliburton reminds me of a rookie CP3 

I can only imagine what he does in year 2, with that sophomore leap.

Top25 next season is not out the question.

If the Kings are smart, one of Fox or Hield should be shipped out. Next year or sometime soon.

Just from a basketball perspective, all 3 together don’t mesh well. 

People always say to ship Fox out, but I don't think it's realistic at all. Hield is the odd man out - Fox is the franchise player. Also Fox is pretty damn awesome himself.

57 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Where do people see him being drafted next year? Is it unrealistic to say 3-4 round?

3rd round.  He's doing it now, plus with hype, possibly 2nd.

1 hour ago, Jyeatbvg said:

People always say to ship Fox out, but I don't think it's realistic at all. Hield is the odd man out - Fox is the franchise player. Also Fox is pretty damn awesome himself.

Fox needs to fix his FT shooting. Until then he's not a complete player

Can't consider yourself an elite guard if you shoot terrible at the foul line. Not in the modern NBA

Doesn't matter as much in the regular season, but if Kings ever make playoffs.  He'll get exposed 

15 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Fox needs to fix his FT shooting. Until then he's not a complete player

Can't consider yourself an elite guard if you shoot terrible at the foul line. Not in the modern NBA

Doesn't matter as much in the regular season, but if Kings ever make playoffs.  He'll get exposed 

I don't disagree but the Kings are not going to flip a 23 year old they just spend max money on. They just aren't. Whether that hurts Haliburton or not, Fox is in Sacramento for the near future. I understand Fox's shortcomings but also don't expect him to be a complete player this early in his career. Not everyone's Luka. As an owner of both Fox and Haliburton, I hope they both thrive.

• Like 1
On 12/12/2020 at 9:21 PM, MrCantaloupe said:

I don't mean to sound like an a**, but how does a model "predict" 85% FT for a kid that shot 82.2% in his final year of college (77.5% over 2 years) and 81.7% in high school?

Also, if he scores 3.9 points per game on threes (1.3 makes), but scores only 8.6 points, how is he supposed to shoot 47%, let alone 50.5%? He would need to be either an elite 3-point shooter (like, top-5 PG in the NBA) or an elite 2-point FG% guard (like top 10 in the NBA), or near-elite in both.

Outside of the 26 minutes, it seems like this model is predicting his ceiling.

https://kingsherald.com/articles/tyrese-haliburtons-shooting-growth-is-insane/

49.5% FG, 44.2% 3pt, 81.0%FT

9 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

I don't disagree but the Kings are not going to flip a 23 year old they just spend max money on. They just aren't. Whether that hurts Haliburton or not, Fox is in Sacramento for the near future. I understand Fox's shortcomings but also don't expect him to be a complete player this early in his career. Not everyone's Luka. As an owner of both Fox and Haliburton, I hope they both thrive.

Never said they would. My original comment was those 3 players don't mesh well. And one of them should be shipped out

Either Fox or Hield . 

It's Fox's 4th year in the league, your'e either a good FT shooter or you're not.  Will it get better ? Yeah I'm sure

Will he all of sudden be a 80% + at the line ? Doubtful 

I like his game actually, he's quite talented, and I had him on the squad last year. 

Take a wild guess why I avoided him everywhere this season ?  Not trying to punt Free Throws 

12 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

HE IS GROWING BEFORE OUR EYES!

But cant break that 23 point barrier.

He needs to learn to get to the free throw line. That’s basically my only complaint, he doesn’t want physical contact. Once that happens, he’ll be able to put up 25+ regularly. 

28 minutes ago, Highlander72 said:

He needs to learn to get to the free throw line. That’s basically my only complaint, he doesn’t want physical contact. Once that happens, he’ll be able to put up 25+ regularly. 

I think he is not physically able yet to absorb contact and still finish. He needs to be crafty and is good at it. Better for now (or maybe for a long time) to avoid contact. Helps him keep healthy and keep his percentages up. He just can not take contact and keep his path.

7 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I think he is not physically able yet to absorb contact and still finish. He needs to be crafty and is good at it. Better for now (or maybe for a long time) to avoid contact. Helps him keep healthy and keep his percentages up. He just can not take contact and keep his path.

Yup 6'5 at 185 lbs .  He's very thin - Similar build to Dejounte Murray actually 

For comparison Curry is 6'3 at 190 lbs 

A strength & conditioning regimen this off-season will do him wonders. 

It's not about adding pounds per say. But making his body + core stronger to finish at the rim 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hear of an update on this guy?? Think he'll be ready to go on Thurs? Itll be 14 days off by then.

He was on such a heater prior to going down. I want that magic back 

On 3/8/2021 at 9:39 AM, gregp said:

Anyone hear of an update on this guy?? Think he'll be ready to go on Thurs? Itll be 14 days off by then.

He was on such a heater prior to going down. I want that magic back 

Dr. Jesse said he will be very close to playing this week, although they might ease him back as the calf injury is easy to re-injure if it's not fully healed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Dr. Jesse said he will be very close to playing this week, although they might ease him back as the calf injury is easy to re-injure if it's not fully healed.  

Thanks Uncle Jesse!