NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyrese Haliburton 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we can get this going i'd love it. I got the number 1 waiver and im not afraid to use it

What are you saying? He was ranked 47th on the season as a rookie, but he is “way too inconsistent”? Only a couple a bad games.    Go ahead and drop for Cory Joseph.

Fantasy owners want every player on their roster to play 48 and minutes and chuck 30 shots. If not the coach needs to get fired and every player needs to be traded.

Posted Images

The Kings actually play quite well and are, dare I say, enjoyable to watch, when they run a 3 guard lineup.  You don't really see that much outside of CBB anymore, but they are closing with 3 guards on the floor and it seems to be working for them.

4 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Like I said, I saw some flashes of Eddie Jones in college on defense. He plays very mature. I think my model might actually come closer than I thought...

I took a look at Eddie Jones' rookie numbers and didn't realize he was that good out of the gates. 

I'm still maintaining that he could be the next Donovan Mitchell story if either Fox or Hield get moved. Its starting to be obvious he should be playing more and more.

Thank you for convincing me to hold fast on him.

Projections at this moment are bit hard to give. If they keep winning decently, Walton should keep rolling with this three guard stuff w/ Haliburton coming off the bench. You do not place Buddy to bench anymore, that is for sure. If their season goes south and Buddy gets traded, Haliburton should get the nod to start and play +30 minutes alongside Fox. OR they trade Fox and give the reigns to Haliburton. That would be ballsy move...

His numbers early have been pretty stellar. The assist might be at the best mark unless he replaces Fox. Points should get small uptick as he gets more comfortable. Steals should go up from 1 to 1.5ish maybe. And blocks should hover between 0.5 - 1.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

Anyone care to give projections starting in mid January going forward let's say, don't know much about this kid but need a guard.

48% FG

80% FT

14 Pts

3.5 Rebs

5.5 Asts

1.5 3Ps

1.5 Stls

0.5 Blks

1.5 TOs

I think that's an optimistic but very reasonable projection for him mid-season on.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Projections at this moment are bit hard to give. If they keep winning decently, Walton should keep rolling with this three guard stuff w/ Haliburton coming off the bench. You do not place Buddy to bench anymore, that is for sure. If their season goes south and Buddy gets traded, Haliburton should get the nod to start and play +30 minutes alongside Fox. OR they trade Fox and give the reigns to Haliburton. That would be ballsy move...

His numbers early have been pretty stellar. The assist might be at the best mark unless he replaces Fox. Points should get small uptick as he gets more comfortable. Steals should go up from 1 to 1.5ish maybe. And blocks should hover between 0.5 - 1.

I don't think there's any chance they trade Fox, but the rest of your post seems accurate. Bottom line is that Walton trusts Halliburton and the franchise sees him as a cornerstone, so he's gonna get all the run he can get. It's up to him to perform but so far there's no doubt his basketball iq is very high. Bullish on this kid.