NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tyrese Haliburton 2020-2021 Outlook

CharlesCC2

Yeah, most likely not going to trade Fox. But just to think about it... If they define Haliburton as the next top1 PG for the franchise and test the market for Fox. What would he fetch them from the market? Not to say I dont like the two ball handlers and Hield lineup. 

Edited by JormaJormala

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

Yeah, most likely not going to trade Fox. But just to think about it... If they define Haliburton as the next top1 PG for the franchise and test the market for Fox. What would he fetch them from the market? Not to say I dont like the two ball handlers and Hield lineup. 

Just the thought of trading Fox has me triggered. Might step away from this thread for a few days, get some fresh air.

• Haha 1

This kid is so good. Box score may not show it but his basketball IQ is off the charts and he's very involved on the floor. Had a big fall earlier but got up and continued playing so hope he's fine. I expect him to progress as the season improves and he's a gem in keeper leagues.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Ice water in his veins.  Just hit a three down 118-114 with 22 seconds left.  Great that Fox trusted him in that situation and he delivered!

It was R Holmes who made the pass but was a hockey assist from D Fox.

I was quite surprised that L Walton brought him back in during crunch time ~5 mins left in Q4. A playmaker with an outside touch relegated to the corner seems just fitting for D Fox and B Hield.

I actually changed my mind at the last minute and decided to use my waiver #1 on him in a 16-team league. While tonight's line is just borderline ok, I'm more encouraged with Luke Walton's confidence in him thus far.

33 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

It was R Holmes who made the pass but was a hockey assist from D Fox.

I was quite surprised that L Walton brought him back in during crunch time ~5 mins left in Q4. A playmaker with an outside touch relegated to the corner seems just fitting for D Fox and B Hield.

I actually changed my mind at the last minute and decided to use my waiver #1 on him in a 16-team league. While tonight's line is just borderline ok, I'm more encouraged with Luke Walton's confidence in him thus far.

Very surprised he’s on the waivers for a 16 teamer. That’s crazy

Haliburton is a must own even in 10ers 

I mean the poise this kid is showing as a rookie point guard, is out of this world.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I mean the poise this kid is showing as a rookie point guard, is out of this world.

he's so impressive. sac ain't going anywhere, but they're actually in a better position to win by playing the kid starter mins. he's not hurting them at all. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

so easy to say that now, but he got dropped after their 2nd game when he had 2 PTS 2 REB 5 AST dud.
and it came from an owner who was punting AST.

agree with the poise. I'd love to see him as a primary playmaker though and see how he blends with D Fox.

Edited by wisegeeks

1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Probably not that "competitive" of a 16 teamer lol. 

Doubtful 15 others were punting assists. 

I mean he said he used his #1 waiver.  Guaranteed others would have put in a claim.

• Thanks 1

He is very mature for his age,play like a vet,make the right plays...his weakness so far is can't shoot off the dribble and seems difficult to finish at the rim with contact

he is still have low usage given that he play off ball with Joseph mostly

It’s difficult to watch Buddy Hield getting so much usage..dude is so inefficient. Long term they’re probably best off using Halliburton at the 2 alongside Fox and bringing in a big man who can stretch the floor.

11 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

It’s difficult to watch Buddy Hield getting so much usage..dude is so inefficient. Long term they’re probably best off using Halliburton at the 2 alongside Fox and bringing in a big man who can stretch the floor.

They have that in Bjelica and tried to draft it with Bagley. Kind of seems that it didn't work out with Bagley though at this point. 

Kings are still 3-2 and 4 points away from being 4-1.

I'm not gonna sit here and say they're onto something, but I will say, it's improved. 

As a new Haliburton owner I'd obviously love buddy be gone, but he just signed a large contract and I doubt anyone wants it, so I won't bother spinning my wheels on that hope. It's injury increased minutes or hoping he maximizes what he currently gets seems most realistic options for me . 

3 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Gonna miss atleast a week.. man my IL was already full now what

he’ll miss at least 2 games and reevaluated next week. That’s a game shy of yahoo’s INJ parameters, so lose-lose in our cases. Perhaps they bend the rule on this one, but it doesn’t meet the 3 game rule they’ve laid out.

Man, this is tough considering he was really getting some momentum rolling. With Wiseman playing poorly, you could argue he had taken a narrow lead for the ROTY and definitely made a case for Bagley to head to the bench. Hopefully he doesn't miss too much time (the fact that he reinjured the same wrist from college worries me).

When you spend 3yr/37M of Cory Joseph to be your PG2 and he can't break down a defense on the 2nd unit to save his life, your #12 pick becomes a savior. Holy cow do they need this guy on the 2nd unit. and crunch time.

26 minutes ago, terribleswedes said:

What am I missing? Why doesn't this guy have an injury tag on Yahoo? Based on what I know about their standards he seems to fit.

+ 1

Waiting here like patience on a monument. 

• Like 1