NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Tyrese Haliburton 2020-2021 Outlook

CharlesCC2

14 minutes ago, BallAnd1 said:

I can see stats similar to rookie year Shai but more assists. Only obstacle is luke walton and minutes. 

Naw he has a clear path and is already playing mid 20's. Buddy will be dropped to the bench or moved hopefully and this kid will start. Much better fit with Fox

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

Naw he has a clear path and is already playing mid 20's. Buddy will be dropped to the bench or moved hopefully and this kid will start. Much better fit with Fox

Hope so. He already looks like the 2nd best player on the team. I just don't trust Luke Walton as a coach or the Kings as an organization to make the best moves haha 

1 hour ago, BallAnd1 said:

I can see stats similar to rookie year Shai but more assists. Only obstacle is luke walton and minutes. 

He gets minutes, Walton runs three guard lineups sometimes. Cory Joseph, Hield, Halliburton, Bagley and Holmes seems to be what I saw much in the clips posted before. 

2 hours ago, BallAnd1 said:

Tyrese seems like Walton's guy. His minutes are secure. He has looked insanely composed and always finds good looks for his teammates. They brick a lot of shots he gets them. Luke see's all this man cmon. He's been closing games. Even that thing he said when Tyrese was injured 2 days ago. Luke is a weird coach i agree but Tyrese is his guy.

I would assume when fantasy playoffs are around the corner, Tyrese is going to get incredible burn. He's already grabbing boards and steals. High %'s too. For a fn rookie!!!

Edited by alwaysstressed
  • Like 1

I'd say, stats wise, you could look at his statistical output as something of a hybrid between rookie Malcolm Brodgon and, funnily enough, rookie Eddie Jones, his big cousin. The high efficiency combined with good steals numbers (they will come) is fantasy gold. I think my model which I shared the output of on page 1 might have been really close to a correct prediction, only the minutes are relatively low in that one - which is basically the only thing I could be ******** up, myself here. 

5 minutes ago, alwaysstressed said:

Tyrese seems like Walton's guy. His minutes are secure.

To that point. Walton was the HC when Tyrese got drafted. I'd like to think he had a say in that decision 

All the more to be ecstatic on what the future holds for this kid. 

Just now, RunCMC said:

To that point. Walton was the HC when Tyrese got drafted. I'd like to think he had a say in that decision 

All the more to be ecstatic on what the future holds for this kid. 

I wanted to imply that and it does make sense for him to give a 12th pick the minutes he's been getting from the get go. And I'm not at all invested into the King's daily news or events unfolded. Im basing it all on logic lol but really though.. Luke is the coach, the management would definitely ask him who fits in well for them as a team. 

All in all, his role is very secure. No question. If Tyrese goes on a cold spell, no way Cojo cuts into his minutes. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 5:55 PM, perkinsfor3 said:

Tyrese Haliburton: – Maybe, pretty sure, my favorite guard in the draft. Eddie Jones’ cousin, and I noticed some flashes of his game in college. I think Haliburton could end up being the best player in this class (not fantasy wise, per sé). His college steals numbers were somewhat inflated, but he gets his hands on quite a few balls. Tyrese and Kira were the only guards to shoot at least 45% FG, 35% from 3, and 80% from the charity stripe. He’s incredibly crafty and has great size and tools. He’s not the best athlete or fastest player, but I think he will have no trouble finding a role in the league.
Predicted stats: 26.00 mpg, 50.5% fg%, 1.3 3pm, 85.0% ft%, 3.3 rpg, 3.7 apg, 1.2 spg, 0.4 bpg, 2.4 topg, 8.6 ppg

Edit: the fg my model produced is higher than what I expext. I'm thinking 47% fg.

[Anderson] Kings rookie Tyrese Haliburton is No. 1 in the NBA in offensive rating (142.4). Richaun Holmes is first in FG% (.692) and fourth in TS% (.723). The Kings have moved up to 11th in pace (102.17).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

[Anderson] Kings rookie Tyrese Haliburton is No. 1 in the NBA in offensive rating (142.4). Richaun Holmes is first in FG% (.692) and fourth in TS% (.723). The Kings have moved up to 11th in pace (102.17).

Wish I listened to you.  I'm an impatient idiot and dropped him early on and he got scooped.  I'm even the maker of this thread, lol.  Still like following along with the thread because this guy is a joy to watch.  Does not feel like you're watching a rookie at all.  He strikes me as a player who will be good for a long, long time.

39 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Wish I listened to you.  I'm an impatient idiot and dropped him early on and he got scooped.  I'm even the maker of this thread, lol.  Still like following along with the thread because this guy is a joy to watch.  Does not feel like you're watching a rookie at all.  He strikes me as a player who will be good for a long, long time.

Likewise - drafted him and dropped him for... Shake Milton. Have slight regrets.