Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyrese Haliburton 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

THIS GUY IS SOOOO SMOOTH AND VERY CONTROLLED MACHINE! HE IS PLAYING LIKE THE ROOKIE MALCOLM BROGDON WITH 12X MORE COMPOSURE AND FINESSE SKILLS NEVER RATTLED AND ALWAYS MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION ON PLAYS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we can get this going i'd love it. I got the number 1 waiver and im not afraid to use it

What are you saying? He was ranked 47th on the season as a rookie, but he is “way too inconsistent”? Only a couple a bad games.    Go ahead and drop for Cory Joseph.

Fantasy owners want every player on their roster to play 48 and minutes and chuck 30 shots. If not the coach needs to get fired and every player needs to be traded.

Posted Images

This kid out there pointing to his guys where the ball needs to be swung 🤣🤣 into his what? 7th game?

 

He is incredible. His stocks potential is crazy

 

I wish Luke would let him out there in garbage time..... But he's important enough that he's sitting!! Ding ding ding

Edited by alwaysstressed
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alwaysstressed said:

This kid out there pointing to his guys where the ball needs to be swung 🤣🤣 into his what? 7th game?

 

He is incredible. His stocks potential is crazy

 

I wish Luke would let him out there in garbage time..... But he's important enough that he's sitting!! Ding ding ding

Let him rest to save some energy to prepare tomorrow game,bruh:P

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, csklmf said:

Listened to josh Lloyd and drafted killian Hayes instead of this kid 

smdh 

I recall Lloyd actually boosting Haliburton quite a bit on his podcasts. A few months before the draft he actually touted Haliburton as his favourite from that draft class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Is it far off to say/theorize that he has a rookie year CP3-like efficiency?

 

as a huge cp3 fan, he's my favorite rookie PG since him. moreso than derrick rose, who i loved. he's insanely talented.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think for fantasy purposes it's better for him to come off the bench so he matches up against other second units.  If he's playing well he's probably going to finish the game anyway so he shouldn't really have a problem hitting 25+ mins in a 6th man type role. 

Defenses are going to start putting work into this kid though.  One thing that's blatantly obvious after 8 games is he struggles to attack and score going left.  He's almost at Brandon Jennings levels of one handedness cos right now he may as well not even have a left hand.  Will try to put up a right handed floater instead of a left handed layup or just straight up pass instead.  Once he figures out how to be a bit more ambidextrous he'll be crazy hard to stop in the pick and roll/pop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I think for fantasy purposes it's better for him to come off the bench so he matches up against other second units.  If he's playing well he's probably going to finish the game anyway so he shouldn't really have a problem hitting 25+ mins in a 6th man type role. 

Defenses are going to start putting work into this kid though.  One thing that's blatantly obvious after 8 games is he struggles to attack and score going left.  He's almost at Brandon Jennings levels of one handedness cos right now he may as well not even have a left hand.  Will try to put up a right handed floater instead of a left handed layup or just straight up pass instead.  Once he figures out how to be a bit more ambidextrous he'll be crazy hard to stop in the pick and roll/pop.

 

My reply is not something where I want to get in a back n forth, but I'm a greedy fantasy owner and want Ja Morant rookie minutes at 31 a game (like has happened after his wrist bruise). I personally don't think it matters who he plays against, starters or bench guys. Plus playing with Cory Joseph or Glenn Robinson bricking their open 3s and ruining his assists, I'd rather he be passing to Holmes on the oop or Hield on the wing. And I don't care about his slender body because Morant is a skinny dude too. Lastly, when RAPM comes out he will likely be one of the highest in the league (at least Kevin Pelton mentions it enough). So playing him more will greatly help Walton's job prospects.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t care about minutes. As long as he’s putting up those lines. He could do it in one minute for all I care and I’ll still be ecstatic. - don’t play in minute leagues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, yeet said:

I just hope he gets a consistent 30 minutes.

No way he doesn't. He might actually be the best player on the team lol 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bbythepier said:

 

My reply is not something where I want to get in a back n forth, but I'm a greedy fantasy owner and want Ja Morant rookie minutes at 31 a game (like has happened after his wrist bruise). I personally don't think it matters who he plays against, starters or bench guys. Plus playing with Cory Joseph or Glenn Robinson bricking their open 3s and ruining his assists, I'd rather he be passing to Holmes on the oop or Hield on the wing. And I don't care about his slender body because Morant is a skinny dude too. Lastly, when RAPM comes out he will likely be one of the highest in the league (at least Kevin Pelton mentions it enough). So playing him more will greatly help Walton's job prospects.

Also, Haliburton might not start, but he's finishing. If you check the rotations, you'll also notice how he's playing against a lot of units which have mostly starters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...