NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyrese Haliburton 2020-2021 Outlook

Just now, perkinsfor3 said:

Also, Haliburton might not start, but he's finishing. If you check the rotations, you'll also notice how he's playing against a lot of units which have mostly starters. 

Yup,Fox,Hield,Haliburton,Barnes,Holmes is the kings closing lineup

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we can get this going i'd love it. I got the number 1 waiver and im not afraid to use it

What are you saying? He was ranked 47th on the season as a rookie, but he is “way too inconsistent”? Only a couple a bad games.    Go ahead and drop for Cory Joseph.

Fantasy owners want every player on their roster to play 48 and minutes and chuck 30 shots. If not the coach needs to get fired and every player needs to be traded.

Posted Images

Congratulations to anyone who owns him, and extra extra congratulations if you own him in a dynasty or keeper league. From a fantasy perspective, this is probably the most excited I've ever been for a rookie.

Gotta think there will be some three-point shooting regression, but that's the only aspect of his game that I think is unsustainable. He shot 42.6% from three in college (with high volume), so it's absolutely going to be a plus-aspect of his game no matter how you slice it. If he were shooting 40% on threes instead of his scorching hot 52.9% (which surprisingly includes this 51' Heave), his total FG% would be 43.6%. After reviewing film, I think this number might be close to his floor moving forward. Below is a collection of every two-point miss on the year. Disregard the 20' airball, and these are all good looks that simply did not fall. His two-point FG% sits at 48%, which is good but not great. Based on the good looks below, I would like to think he will improve in this area like most young players do. But at the same time, he doesn't have the luxury of removing bad shots from his game, which tends to be the reason young players do improve their efficiency. Kind of a catch-22.

14' Floating Jump Shot (shot clock expiring)

12' Pullup Jump Shot (shot clock expiring)

6' Driving Layup (shot clock expiring) (arguably fouled on the attempt)

6' Floating Jump Shot

5' Driving Layup

3' Driving Layup

0' Tip Layup

3' Acrobatic Driving Layup

2' Running Dunk (Blocked by John Wall)

8' Driving Floater

6' Driving Layup (Blocked by Michael Porter Jr.)

20' Pullup Jump Shot (Air Ball)

6' Tip Layup

As shown in the video posted by @kane above, Haliburton's poise and decision-making is extremely impressive. The Kings sit at a respectable 4-5 (11th place in the West / 0-2 without Haliburton) and have their eyes set on securing their first post-season birth since 2006. I don't know if they have the firepower to get there this year, but a monster rookie campaign from Ty Haliburton could punch their ticket. If his minutes (28.3) and usage (14.4%) continue to trend up (and I don't see why they won't), it appears we have a locked-in top-50 player on our hands - one with the type of all-around game that could push him close to the top 10 if everything breaks his way. For what it's worth, a fringe top-10 season (per BBM) would have to look something like: 46%, 84%, 2, 17, 4, 7, 1.6, 0.6, 1. That's probably a tad bit far-fetched to project only 7 games into his NBA career, but I think the upside is there. Maybe for even more. Tempering expectations, I think a reasonable line to expect moving forward looks like: 45%, 82%, 2, 13, 3, 5, 1.4, 0.5, 1.5. Incredible value with incredible upside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This guy plays with such a smooth, deliberate, and just cerebral style, it’s amazing he’s a rookie, like really, just watch him. Always in the right spot, amazing defensive anticipation, moves around effortless, and you can tell he plays this game at a different speeds and see a things ahead then the rest of the players. He’s got a old man game lol, and I say that with upmost respect 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

This guy plays with such a smooth, deliberate, and just cerebral style, it’s amazing he’s a rookie, like really, just watch him. Always in the right spot, amazing defensive anticipation, moves around effortless, and you can tell he plays this game at a different speeds and see a things ahead then the rest of the players. He’s got a old man game lol, and I say that with upmost respect 

He's very much like brandon roy right?

4 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Id rather have LaMelo in my team.

Well LaMelo was drafted a couple rounds ahead of Haliburton so I think the majority of people would. Haliburton is amazing value for where we drafted him though. 

• Like 2

Hield and Fox kill his numbers. Those two bums are ball hogs and Haliburton gets stuck on a wing watching those two scrubs take bad shots. One of them need to come off the bench for team balance. When Dolton figures it out haliburtons stocks will continue to rise.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pattythrills said:

Hield and Fox kill his numbers. Those two bums are ball hogs and Haliburton gets stuck on a wing watching those two scrubs take bad shots. One of them need to come off the bench for team balance. When Dolton figures it out haliburtons stocks will continue to rise.

Fox is a great facilitator and still had plenty of room to grow. Hield though, and Bagley, are terrible. Kings would be wise to restart with a Fox Hali core and get rid of everyone else.

Ranked #17 per BBM for the week.

Guess who's right above him ? Luka 😎

Keep doing your thing young prince. 

Edited by RunCMC
7 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

JormaJormala is a troll. Anyone know how to block him?

Send me a message on how to do this when you figure this out as well please.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:05 PM, MrCantaloupe said:

Congratulations to anyone who owns him, and extra extra congratulations if you own him in a dynasty or keeper league. From a fantasy perspective, this is probably the most excited I've ever been for a rookie.

Gotta think there will be some three-point shooting regression, but that's the only aspect of his game that I think is unsustainable. He shot 42.6% from three in college (with high volume), so it's absolutely going to be a plus-aspect of his game no matter how you slice it. If he were shooting 40% on threes instead of his scorching hot 52.9% (which surprisingly includes this 51' Heave), his total FG% would be 43.6%. After reviewing film, I think this number might be close to his floor moving forward. Below is a collection of every two-point miss on the year. Disregard the 20' airball, and these are all good looks that simply did not fall. His two-point FG% sits at 48%, which is good but not great. Based on the good looks below, I would like to think he will improve in this area like most young players do. But at the same time, he doesn't have the luxury of removing bad shots from his game, which tends to be the reason young players do improve their efficiency. Kind of a catch-22.

14' Floating Jump Shot (shot clock expiring)

12' Pullup Jump Shot (shot clock expiring)

6' Driving Layup (shot clock expiring) (arguably fouled on the attempt)

6' Floating Jump Shot

5' Driving Layup

3' Driving Layup

0' Tip Layup

3' Acrobatic Driving Layup

2' Running Dunk (Blocked by John Wall)

8' Driving Floater

6' Driving Layup (Blocked by Michael Porter Jr.)

20' Pullup Jump Shot (Air Ball)

6' Tip Layup

As shown in the video posted by @kane above, Haliburton's poise and decision-making is extremely impressive. The Kings sit at a respectable 4-5 (11th place in the West / 0-2 without Haliburton) and have their eyes set on securing their first post-season birth since 2006. I don't know if they have the firepower to get there this year, but a monster rookie campaign from Ty Haliburton could punch their ticket. If his minutes (28.3) and usage (14.4%) continue to trend up (and I don't see why they won't), it appears we have a locked-in top-50 player on our hands - one with the type of all-around game that could push him close to the top 10 if everything breaks his way. For what it's worth, a fringe top-10 season (per BBM) would have to look something like: 46%, 84%, 2, 17, 4, 7, 1.6, 0.6, 1. That's probably a tad bit far-fetched to project only 7 games into his NBA career, but I think the upside is there. Maybe for even more. Tempering expectations, I think a reasonable line to expect moving forward looks like: 45%, 82%, 2, 13, 3, 5, 1.4, 0.5, 1.5. Incredible value with incredible upside.

Barring injuries, I'm going to make sure I find a way to get this guy in my draft for NEXT SEASON. During my first fantasy year, I passed on a sophomore in 2007 named CP3 over a guy named Deron Williams. I get the same great sensation of trepidation looking at how efficient he is (not saying he'll be like CP3 in 2 years) and I won't be making this mistake for next year. 

Edited by tazdingo
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Fox is a great facilitator and still had plenty of room to grow. Hield though, and Bagley, are terrible. Kings would be wise to restart with a Fox Hali core and get rid of everyone else.

To think that the Kings traded prime Cousins for Buddy Hield.

17 minutes ago, yeet said:

To think that the Kings traded prime Cousins for Buddy Hield.

Given where Cousins is now, I guess it kind of ended balancing itself out lol 

• Like 1