NBC Sports Edge Forums

PJ Washington 2020-2021 Outlook

Can't blame it on foul trouble or a blowout tonight. Borrego is kind of souring on him as of late. Too many careless passes, late rotations imo. Bridges got more time tonight.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a difference two days makes. Took a flier near draft's end (possibly because of this conversation, so thanks for that). The stretch-5 rumors are legit and yesterday he put up a baby draymond line

so that's a yes 😂

Pretty sure when Forrest Gump was blabbering on about that box of chocolates, it was actually a metaphor for our man PJ

Posted Images

The negative FT% impact still takes a lot of the shine off his production -- can be a killer if you don't counter-balance with high%, high volume FT.  If he's getting 4 FTA's for the season without showing us any consistency elsewhere I'm not sure I'd want him as an end of bench guy even. 

P.J. Washington played just over seven second-half minutes Saturday due to a thumb contusion.

Washington played a total of 22 minutes, finishing the game with nine points (2-of-8 FGs, 4-of-4 FTs), five rebounds, two assists, two steals and one 3-pointer. He didn’t appear to be “right” when on the court during the second half, and following the game James Borrego offered some clarity on why Washington’s minutes were limited. Charlotte doesn’t play again until Tuesday, so the second-year forward will have some time to recover. With the Hornets already without Cody Zeller, they can’t afford to lose Washington as well.

With very small sample size due to only 5-6 games, but one of the highest net rating 5-man CHA lineups is using Bridges at the 4 and Washington at the 5. I wonder if eventually PJ is given C elig by a major site, due this being one of their 5 most used lineups while Zeller is out.

CDF5318-B-E1-A4-4-D19-93-E1-F4-D3-FB74-C

39 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

With very small sample size due to only 5-6 games, but one of the highest net rating 5-man CHA lineups is using Bridges at the 4 and Washington at the 5. I wonder if eventually PJ is given C elig by a major site, due this being one of their 5 most used lineups while Zeller is out.

Will Borrego figure this out? Prob not

12 minutes ago, lokidestroyer said:

He still dodsnt have c eligibility on yahoo... any way to fix this? I already tried contacting them...

Yeah, we're all waiting.  Go complain on the position eligibility thread if you want to raise awareness.  But I've contacted Yahoo too.  It's just a matter of time before the monkeys at Yahoo see that PJW plays nearly half his minutes at C.

12 / 8 / 5 is a strong line, toss in the 1.6 stocks he's averaging and that would be a top 75 fantasy season. Hornets struggled during PJ's slump so his role as their primary big appears unchanged.. they wouldn't keep starting him if they weren't invested. I get the urge to act fast but you're not gonna find his upside on waivers now unless someone in your league goof dropped a steady contributor. He's a sophomore, they're often streakier than vets but also more capable of growth

Every early struggler has a thread where folks label them trash and cut bait the moment they fail to meet expectations. In my shallow league, guys like Herro/Plumlee/Divincenzo were prematurely dropped under similar pretenses (likely in pursuit of a weekly h2h victory). Don't take the bait, PJ's an exciting kid in a friendly situation

Edited by mattshhh
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Quazza said:

quick shout out to the owners in this thread - I was soooooo close to dropping a couple games ago. Stayed strong due to this thread ❤️

Yeah, owned him last year and was pretty vocal on his 2019 thread.  PJW is crazy inconsistent, and even his minutes fluctuate.  You gotta be patient with him and he'll reward you with lines like these (or he can drop a dud).

4 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yeah, owned him last year and was pretty vocal on his 2019 thread.  PJW is crazy inconsistent, and even his minutes fluctuate.  You gotta be patient with him and he'll reward you with lines like these (or he can drop a dud).

yup I had him last season too, so I do get the ups and downs. I was on that ledge though lol

• Like 1