NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Draymond Green 2020-2021 Outlook

CrypTviLL

16 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I do, he's just washed up it is what it is, teams fall into the trap of paying for past performances instead of future potential which puts them in these situations. It happens to alot of teams but Dray hasn't been the same since that year where they won without KD. 

yeah. my point was they paid him as a thank you basically. other guys around the league see that, the warriors are building good faith in the organization. come here, play your a** off, we'll reward you for life

i wouldn't completely write him off though. he's always been a playoff performer. he was amazing in the playoffs during the entirety of their run from 15-19.

1 minute ago, lethotjames23 said:

yeah. my point was they paid him as a thank you basically. other guys around the league see that, the warriors are building good faith in the organization. come here, play your a** off, we'll reward you for life

i wouldn't completely write him off though. he's always been a playoff performer. he was amazing in the playoffs during the entirety of their run from 15-19.

I'll give him that, he gets better when the quality of talent goes up around him, ultimate glue guy. But on this current team with Wiggins/Oubre, he's more of a negative, which is why I give credit to the Warriors/Kerr. Dray thought about going overseas when under Mark Jackson who didn't utilize him properly, he tried to play him mainly at the 3. It was mainly under Kerr where they went small ball with Dray at the 5. But damn this shows how important Klay is to this team as well. 

4 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

was 3 championship rings? for which he provided elite level defense and ALL of the intangibles you need to win. thats why they paid him

like u said « was »..

I don’t know IF it’s the good strategy to give 118M to a guy who trash talk more than he plays...

Shaq will be update his Gobert bashing for Dray contract..😂

Amazing like Dray plays since the start of the season..😱

5 hours ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

like u said « was »..

I don’t know IF it’s the good strategy to give 118M to a guy who trash talk more than he plays...

Shaq will be update his Gobert bashing for Dray contract..😂

Amazing like Dray plays since the start of the season..😱

Green is the perfect example of right place right time. He was just as responsible with winning 3 chips and making 5 straight finals than anyone else on that team. He got paid and now he’s taking it easy. As soon as he got paid it’s like he decided I’m not going to work on my jump shot anymore because he went from a decent 3 point shooter to atrocious. 

• Like 1

Im wondering what Dre owners are doing these days. Panicking? Dropping? As others have mentioned I just don't see the upside anymore. He needs another 10-20 games to get into game shape, by then Warriors might be in 8th 9th or 10th. Maybe even worse and out of the playoff picture if Curry sits out games. I have a deal on the table for him but I can't do it, despite being a huge GSW Fan and watching their games since 2012. One guy that is only good in 2 categories (AST STL) but hurts you in 6 or 7 categories probably isn't worth trading for unless one wants a death wish right?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mtx said:

Im wondering what Dre owners are doing these days. Panicking? Dropping? As others have mentioned I just don't see the upside anymore. He needs another 10-20 games to get into game shape, by then Warriors might be in 8th 9th or 10th. Maybe even worse and out of the playoff picture if Curry sits out games. I have a deal on the table for him but I can't do it, despite being a huge GSW Fan and watching their games since 2012. One guy that is only good in 2 categories (AST STL) but hurts you in 6 or 7 categories probably isn't worth trading for unless one wants a death wish right?

Your absolutely right there. I think it may still be a conditioning issue, we may be fooled by the previous two games of +30mins because last night he played pretty low mins even before the fouls. So he might not be quite there yet and they pulled back.

I took a gamble on him this years because although last yr, he was bad and they were steph-less, he still managed to provided solid mid value (jan-feb last yr was a decent stretch)

This year I figure with steph things would be much better but never accounted for the covid/started off season couple weeks late and some time to catch up conditioning aspect  (similar to Nurkic, before the broken wrist..was starting to ramp up)

The best thing we can ask for is for the Warriors to continue to stay competitive and not fall off the rails in the next 2-3 weeks. Need to avoid blowouts. I’m not entirely convinced he’s done, but I’m getting a bit nervous. In 2 weeks if we continue to get these consistent duds...then I’ll call it a season for him. 

I'm not a fan of Green at all, but that was a bullshit T.
He was yelling at Wiseman coming back on defence and the Ref thought it was directed at him, so he copped that second T and the ejection.

I mean, its not on the same level of BS as Duncan being ejected for laughing, but it was a pretty shocking call!

Edited by DamoESP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jay_00 said:

He's grabbed 1 rebound in his last 40 minutes on the court

no time for rebounds when he’s busy yellin at the refs, his teammates, his coach, the other team’s coach, and the other team’s bench!

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

no time for rebounds when he’s busy yellin at the refs, his teammates, his coach, the other team’s coach, and the other team’s bench!

Hate hate hate hate hate hate!

Dray is an excellent player and teammate who backs up his talk with hard work and hustle. Has he gone too far at times? Yep, and he deals with the consequences and goes right back to work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timro said:

Hate hate hate hate hate hate!

Dray is an excellent player and teammate who backs up his talk with hard work and hustle. Has he gone too far at times? Yep, and he deals with the consequences and goes right back to work.

Lol it was a joke dude, i own him on multiple teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nospmoht04 said:

It looked like he was talking to Wiseman and the ref thought he was talking to him

Exactly what happened. The ref came up to Kerr at half time and apologized. He won't have to pay the fine at least, so .... Yeah. Cool 

• Like 1

He maybe still a good real life player,but his game just don't translate to statistic,his stocks are horrendous this year so far,only help you in assist,I just don't see the upside

Edited by kane