NBC Sports Edge Forums

WHIR: Start/Sit decisions at RB and TE (Full PPR)

I’m in a Full PPR leagues and have these decisions to make this week...

RB (start two):

Gallman vs ARI 

Mike Davis vs DEN

Conner @ BUF

TE (start one):

Kmet vs HOU

Akins @ CHI (no Fuller or Cooks)

Irv Smith Jr @ TB (no Rudolph but possibly limited snaps?)

Right now I’m leaning Gallman, Davis, and Akins but I’m very unsure. 

Gallman and Davis are spot on the choices you'd have to go at RB. Gallman is an important cog in that offense and they are committed to running every week. CMC is out, i'll take my chances with Davis. Pittsburg to me easily opts to the pass more and playing against Buffalo in that frigid weather is not something I want to start. Just my 0.02. I personally would go with Akins at TE this week with the shortage at recieving weapons and I personally like my chances of Watson dishing rather than a Chicago QB. I'll take that gamble. Best of luck to you. 

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

I’m in a Full PPR leagues and have these decisions to make this week...

RB (start two):

Gallman vs ARI 

Mike Davis vs DEN

Conner @ BUF

TE (start one):

Kmet vs HOU

Akins @ CHI (no Fuller or Cooks)

Irv Smith Jr @ TB (no Rudolph but possibly limited snaps?)

Right now I’m leaning Gallman, Davis, and Akins but I’m very unsure. 

Gallman & Conner. I know PIT likes to throw, but think they get him involved some in the passing game today. Just a gut feel on Conner. If not sold on Conner, which I understand, Davis is another solid option.

As for TE, I lean Akins. With Cooks & David out, see Watson throwing to him, Keke, & Duke a lot in the short passing game. GL!

• Thanks 1

Steelers fan here: I think James Conner is going to get absolutely FED this week, after much publicity about Tomlin not running the ball and coming off their first loss.

Gallman is red hot.  So I go Gallman and Conner at RB.

At TE, you don't have any good choices, so I'd go with the upside and hope for the formation of a new trend with Kmet... and hope last week wasn't a one-week wonder.  At the TE slot, you can go low-floor, high-upside since most of your competitors also have low floor starters... and there isn't much TE upside outside of Waller and Kelce.  

Edited by Lucius Seneca
  • Thanks 1

I’d roll with Gallman and Davis at RB. TE is a toss-up between Kmet and Akins. Kmet is probably a riskier play but we’ve seen Akins have low floor games over the past couple of weeks. Might lean Akins due to the better offense and lack of receiving weapons for Houston this week.

Thanks for the help.