NBC Sports Edge Forums

Saints vs Eagles 12/13/20 Gameday Thread

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Taysom Hill is about to lose to one of the coldest teams in the entire NFL.

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Saints haven't allowed a 100 yd rusher in 55 games ... 

Hurts has 106

Sanders has 102

Taysom doesn't play run D 

🤔

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drew Brees where are you at? Tape up those ribs and get out there and get that #1 seed!

He's solid in fantasy; has a pretty high floor. People are right about that.  And I think he actually may have some long term prospects too. 

But, I think people who don't think the Saints should start Brees as soon as he's ready are the crazy ones. He gives them the best chance to win games and it's not close. Packers won this week and now hold the 1 seed and playoff bye. Saints have zero chance against KC next week if Brees doesn't start. If they want a shot at that bye, they'll need him in there.

• Thanks 1

I'll take the 20 points from Hill over the 14.5 from Stafford on my team. And I still hold Kamara should have caught the interception. I didn't see the fumble and no doubt the fumbles are KILLING the Saints and my team each week. Regardless, he's playing a ton better than many NFL starting QB's right now.

Taysom is very good in fantasy because he runs for TDs and Payton creates some easy pass plays for him to complete.  So was Tebow.

But Taysom is bad in real life because he cannot make quick enough decisions with the football when forced to pass by a decent opponent.

tl;dr

Fantasy--good for now

IRL--it won't last

• Like 1
13 hours ago, USWAY said:

“He's solid in fantasy; has a pretty high floor. People are right about that.  And I think he actually may have some long term prospects too. But, I think people who don't think the Saints should start Brees as soon as he's ready are the crazy ones. He gives them the best chance to win games and it's not close. Packers won this week and now hold the 1 seed and playoff bye. Saints have zero chance against KC next week if Brees doesn't start. If they want a shot at that bye, they'll need him in there.”

You’re saying what’s easy to say.... No one said that Hill could turn the ball over, the offense struggle, the team lose, but somehow he’d still take Brees’ job. The argument was always that he had to perform well & they had to win! But as bad as things had gone, Hill brought them back & almost pulled that game out. If he had, I question whether you would have posted what you did. For Hill owners, this was a team loss, the defense gave Hurts exactly what he needed, room to run around & Miles Sanders. With a 1st round bye now less likely & the Chiefs now in possession of it in the AFC, rushing Brees’ back for that might not be the team’s best move. It was widely reported, reiterated yesterday that the team is in no hurry to bring Brees back & that there’s still no timetable for his return. Sean Payton has taken responsibility for the 4th & 2 play call, stating that it was too aggressive. Shefter is reporting that it’s “questionable, at best” that Brees returns vs KC. 

Edited by markrc99