NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jarrett Allen 2020-2021 Outlook

DonutGiveUp

10 minutes ago, kane said:

Play more minutes than Drummond in this match, interesting

My guess is they gave Drummond less minutes because he’s coming back from a sore back. Giving more minutes to Allen makes too much sense so it can’t be that. 

• Like 1

Jarrett Allen will start alongside Andre Drummond on Monday night, according to Cleveland.com.

“It’s something we’ve been working on,” said J.B. Bickerstaff when asked about playing Drummond and Allen at the same time. “Understanding how the two of them can play well together comes down to spacing and how they space for one another, but how they space for their teammates as well to create driving lanes and allow us to get into the paint and make plays from the paint as well.” The Cavs have played the two centers together before but this will be the first time they will be on the court when the ball goes. We'll see how the experiment goes.

Wow let the sh*t show commence...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

What’s his ROS value I wonder? FT% is the only possible concern I think.

I'm an owner but I wouldn't consider anything under an early value player for him. He's already been producing top 40 numbers in limited minutes in both Brooklyn and Cleveland. We haven't even seen him average 30+ minutes yet.

33 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

I'm an owner but I wouldn't consider anything under an early value player for him. He's already been producing top 40 numbers in limited minutes in both Brooklyn and Cleveland. We haven't even seen him average 30+ minutes yet.

Top 40 numbers in what setting? I see 65 on bbm for the year and 77th over the last month in 9 cat.

That’s for about 26 minutes in both cases, so I was thinking he hits like top 40-50ish after the boost. 

11 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Top 40 numbers in what setting? I see 65 on bbm for the year and 77th over the last month in 9 cat.

That’s for about 26 minutes in both cases, so I was thinking he hits like top 40-50ish after the boost. 

He's currently 46 in my 9-cat league and was 37 a few days ago. Not sure if there's a difference in the systems but I'm on Yahoo. I could also just be reading the rankings wrong too..

Edited by Jyeatbvg

24 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

He's currently 46 in my 9-cat league and was 37 a few days ago. Not sure if there's a difference in the systems but I'm on Yahoo. I could also just be reading the rankings wrong too..

Ah you’re looking at total value, which can be very misleading. Does not account for games missed/played. For example, Jimmy Butler is only 107th in total value/rank but 22nd on a per game basis (in yahoo).

If Cleveland give him 35 mpg I don't see how Allen won't put up something like 15/11 with 2 stocks.  He's good enough to do it and already seems to have a decent connection with Garland so it should be lob city with those 2 on the court.  Basically give Ayton type numbers from a dude who you probably drafted at the end of your draft or even picked up off the waiver wire.

Worried about the FT% hit but that's to be expected I guess.  He's shown signs of shooting better from the line so hopefully he can be 75%+ but that's probably ambitious.  Hoping for 70%.

• Like 1

I'm thinking top 40 floor with a top 20-30 upside the rest of the way? His efficiency is great. I don't know why people keep talking smack on his FT% when he's 74 on the season which is a lot better than guys like Gobert and Capela. 2 blocks doesn't seem out of the question. Double double for sure maybe like 15/11. He's playing for that contract too and nows the chance for him to shine. 

• Like 1