NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarrett Allen 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure what all the hate's about. He's coming off arguably his best game as a Cav, he's averaging 25 MPG and putting up top 60 value since the trade in a backup role. McGee is out of the rotation an

2 points 2 rebounds is feasting?

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Nah Sexland got the W while allen got abused by embiid

How the fcuk was he abused? Embiid has the refs on his side and still lost. Man posted a double double lol gtfo with the negativity 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

How the fcuk was he abused? Embiid has the refs on his side and still lost. Man posted a double double lol gtfo with the negativity 

calm down son im just spittin facts from watchin the game , embiid was scoring on allen with ease all day, snatched a bunch of boards from him as well

1 hour ago, KingDURANTULA said:

calm down son im just spittin facts from watchin the game , embiid was scoring on allen with ease all day, snatched a bunch of boards from him as well

its almost like Embiid is a better player than Allen or something

On 2/24/2021 at 7:51 PM, B.A.G. said:

Allen has become what I expected of Ayton and Ayton has become what I expected of Allen. Somehow I ended up getting what I was expecting. 

Congrats on everyone that held on from those early games Deandre Jordan was starting over him followed by Drummond. The fro has finally been unleashed! 

funny, i traded allen (with devonte graham) for ayton 

2 hours ago, thebigbite said:

Guys i want to offer D Fox for Allen. But what if his mins decrease with love nance joining?

Lol they have zero impact on him wtf. He's the franchise center of the future and been rolling 

13 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

If the point you're trying to prove is that Jarrett Allen got outplayed by a MVP candidate, I don't think anyone's shocked. It's a good thing he won't play MVP candidates every game.

11 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

If the point you're trying to prove is that Jarrett Allen got outplayed by a MVP candidate, I don't think anyone's shocked. It's a good thing he won't play MVP candidates every game.

23 hours ago, gregp said:

its almost like Embiid is a better player than Allen or something

well yeah thats exactly my point. he got outplayed by embiid. never said it was a shocker. he'll put up 20/15 against rockets tomo though no big deal

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BykeINIT said:

tbd

ayton gave us 22-10 today 

over the last 15 days allen beats ayton in every single cat except FT. he crushes him in boards, blocks, points. with drummond gone allen is just the better player. but at the time you made an okayish trade no doubt. you never know how things turn out. 

3 minutes ago, Maxemann said:

over the last 15 days allen beats ayton in every single cat except FT. he crushes him in boards, blocks, points. with drummond gone allen is just the better player. but at the time you made an okayish trade no doubt. you never know how things turn out. 

hold your horses, we saw what ayton was capable of last season .. there’s a reason he was a second rounder. he’s starting to come around, so it’s still up for debate 

in fact over the last 7 days, ayton is ranked 20th overall .. exactly the same as allen over the last 14 days. and one spot above the 19th overall ayton was ranked in 2019-2020.

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Maxemann said:

They should be pretty similar ROS. Allen more Blocks, and I guess more Rebs. Ayton better FT%.

In a redraft rn for ROS I'd still prob take Ayton over Allen, but it's real close. Ayton just seems safer. But no denying Allen has been exciting in his new role.

Edited by gregp
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

What does the return of love and nance do to his value? Chance they boost it?

Prob brings down his Pts n Rebs a bit. Nance n Love will get there buckets, and they're both good rebounders. So there will be games where those two take away from Allen.

Tbh tho, it won't hurt his overall numbers much, hes still very much their future and their featured big man. And these two could also help in spacing the floor leading to more open looks for Allen. So it should only slightly impact him.

But let's be real here, Nance will get rest days/sits here n there, and Love will he hurt again in 2 weeks.

I think Love and Nance cancel each other out more than hurt Allen. When Nance was healthy and starting with Drummond, it didn’t impact Drummond’s rebounding numbers much. Love at this point in his career is more of a stretch spot of shooter and not really the physical rebounding presence he used to be. 

• Like 1

Have read this entire thread and so many of the takes in here were hilarious. Been a die hard Cavs fan for many many years and follow them very closely (probably unhealthily close considering they aren't very good... yet). I laughed at all of the “what are the Cavs gonna do with all these centers? Stupid trade. Stupid organization” takes. I get it, we’re not very good but we’re rebuilding. The Allen trade is one of the best deals this organization has ever made and aligns with the age of the core pieces that can hopefully grow together. The Cavs FO had coveted Allen for a few years.

Drummond was CLEARLY done here once that deal was made if you knew anything about this team. And Drummond knew it too. Hence the terrible body language during games and the pouting. And honestly, good riddance. He is excruciating to watch. He is an offensive flow killer without the talent to justify it. His rebounds are inflated because he grabs so many of his terrible shot attempts. He has terrible footwork, no post moves, and cant finish at all. I never really understood what “empty stat” guy meant until I watched Drummond play. 

Allen is a superior player than Drummond by almost every measure, particularly for this roster. Get him now if you can, because his star is just starting to shine. And forget about Love effecting Allen too much. He cant stay healthy for one and he’ll open the floor on offense for allen when and if he plays again. Nance could actually enhance allens game because he is such a good passer and has become a 3pt threat. 

i traded Harden for Morant and Allen as soon as the Cavs got him knowing allen would get bulk of minutes soon (ok, i know, yeah, probably a dumb deal, but my season has tanked because of injuries and I wanted allen on my team just for the fun of it. Lol. But honestly... i haven't lost since)