NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarrett Allen 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure what all the hate's about. He's coming off arguably his best game as a Cav, he's averaging 25 MPG and putting up top 60 value since the trade in a backup role. McGee is out of the rotation an

2 points 2 rebounds is feasting?

Posted Images

Yeah, weird.  Dunno how he'll fit in with Drummond and Nance ... and eventually K Love.

Fingers crossed the Nets get a big back or one of those guys gets moved.

• Like 1

Jarrett Allen has just been continually disrespected his entire career. Wow. 

Give the guy minutes and he outplays Gobert and Embiid. 

The Nets only center is DeAndre Jordan now? All-friends squad?

Am I the only one rooting for this team of sociopathic misunderstood millionaires to fall flat on their face? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

FFS just as he was playing well! Value done unless he is flipped in separate deal

I think the Cavs plan is to keep Allen and either trade Drummond for peanuts or let him walk. Allen is still only 22, has to be part of their plans.

• Like 2

Yeah, as a Drummond owner, I ain't happy either.  Hope Drummond gets moved.  I have no idea what's wrong with the Cavs, since they have no wings and have been grabbing bigs for the last year.  This is gonna be an ugly timeshare since neither plays PF.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BlueMeteor said:

I have Deandre and Jarrett. Idk how to feel. 

Pray for a Drummond trade.  DeAndre ... He might actually get phased out for small ball lineups with KD/Green at C, or Claxton playing more.

19 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I think the Cavs plan is to keep Allen and either trade Drummond for peanuts or let him walk. Allen is still only 22, has to be part of their plans.

he's 22? dude looks like david alan grier but with an afro.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I have Jarrett, Drummond, and Nance. At least you're unsure of how you feel. 

Yeah, as a Nance/Drummond owner, it's not a good feeling.  I already dropped JA (in a super shallow league).  

I'd probably have waited out JA in a 12-teamer or something though.  JA has historically only needed about 25 minutes to do okay.  Problem is that I highly doubt he gets that much time, and his balling out in the last few weeks is a thing of the past now.

4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Disgusted Toronto didn't get in on this deal and get Allen especially for a measly second. Only 22 and Raps have zero centers that are NBA level

a good point. Damn

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I have Jarrett, Drummond, and Nance. At least you're unsure of how you feel. 

I have Allen, Drummond, Durant, Kevin Love, TJ Warren, Justin Holiday.  My season is over after this trade.. Screwed every way imaginable. 

Edited by magic32
  • Like 2
42 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yeah, as a Nance/Drummond owner, it's not a good feeling.  I already dropped JA (in a super shallow league).  

I'd probably have waited out JA in a 12-teamer or something though.  JA has historically only needed about 25 minutes to do okay.  Problem is that I highly doubt he gets that much time, and his balling out in the last few weeks is a thing of the past now.

The only positive I can make out of it as a Drummond/Allen/Nance owner is that both Drummond and Allen should play ferociously as they're both putting out tape for their next contract, seeing as how they're both FA's after this season. 

On 12/23/2020 at 5:45 PM, ComeOnAndSlam said:

The 1-2 combo of DJ and Allen at the 5 is a nice luxury for Brooklyn to have but they've got decisions to make for their future.  Even if Allen doesn't see >20mpg I'm not sure if Brooklyn keep him unless they're willing to hold him, just ride this season out and be resigned to letting him walk in free agency. 

Some other team is definitely going to offer him a fat contract and I'm doubtful that Brooklyn match it.  They're already something like 30mil over the cap.  Re-signing Allen would throw them into 100mil luxury tax territory.  DJ has 2 more seasons left and I doubt anybody bites on his contract even though it's not totally horrible so barring some GM chad moves by Marks, Allen is the one that's going to be moved if Brooklyn want to get anything in return for him and they're probably going to have to trade him for cents on the dollar.  That possibility alone is worth rostering him for. 

The big question mark in all this is a Harden trade.  Allen could be Houston bound or even somewhere else depending on what teams get involved and which players are moved.

Called it but man I did not expect him to end up in Cleveland lol.

This is really bad for Allen owners.  I'm pessimistic about a Drummond trade happening anytime soon.  Who is going to trade for him?  He's a free agent at the end of the season and can walk, I doubt many teams will offer anything of value for him.  Cavs would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick in any deal for Drummond.  It wouldn't shock me to see a JA/Drummond timeshare for the rest of the season.

12 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

The only positive I can make out of it as a Drummond/Allen/Nance owner is that both Drummond and Allen should play ferociously as they're both putting out tape for their next contract, seeing as how they're both FA's after this season. 

They've already been doing that. This trade makes both their situations worse. I have them both too. It's over.