NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarrett Allen 2020-2021 Outlook

33 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I would honestly suggest a sell high after this game. Looks like a time share. His stats wont be this good every game cause this is a clear revenge game. 

Worse comes to worse, you will have a decent low playing time center if no takers. 

You beat me to it! The savy owners are the ones that are going to sell high after this game. The stat line is inflated from the OT and revenge game factor I'm sure. They play the Nets again next game so you may have time. I traded away Allen/Shake for JV/Baze (needed an IR player) if you guys wanted to know what was possible. The owner before me traded Allen to me for Harrell after the trade. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure what all the hate's about. He's coming off arguably his best game as a Cav, he's averaging 25 MPG and putting up top 60 value since the trade in a backup role. McGee is out of the rotation an

2 points 2 rebounds is feasting?

Posted Images

Allen is a per minute monster so playing off the bench is no problem. If you can get real solid value in exchange sure go for it. But just remember he does not need more than 20 to produce some nice stats.

Strange boxscore for Allen, he got the minutes but none of the stats. Anybody watch the game? Did they play Drummond and Allen at the same time?  Drummond got all the stats playing less minutes. 

9 hours ago, B.A.G. said:

Strange boxscore for Allen, he got the minutes but none of the stats. Anybody watch the game? Did they play Drummond and Allen at the same time?  Drummond got all the stats playing less minutes. 

Giving him a pass for this one. The minutes are the most important thing here. Not sure about Drummond, but they played Allen and JaVale together for stretches, so they're at least open to two C lineups. But they're also open to showcasing McGee.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, B.A.G. said:

They played them together but Drummond needs to go he's a clueless black hole on offense 

Not sure what all the hate's about. He's coming off arguably his best game as a Cav, he's averaging 25 MPG and putting up top 60 value since the trade in a backup role. McGee is out of the rotation and there's a chance Drummond is shipped away. So there's still a path to huge upside.

Y'all are so greedy man. Remember, his ADP was in the 100's. Yeah it sucks that he got traded right as he finally—and rightfully—became a starter in Brooklyn but there's nothing we can do about that. This dude has the skills... the cream will eventually rise to the top. 

• Like 6

Bickerstaff is one of the worst coaches in the league. Rotations make no sense and dude was running every play through Drummond lol. Cavs about to ruin another talented young player 

4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Bickerstaff is one of the worst coaches in the league. Rotations make no sense and dude was running every play through Drummond lol. Cavs about to ruin another talented young player 

Too bad he's a coach of the year frontrunner as it stands right now due to the Cavs even being good. But yeah, he sucks for fantasy I guess.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, CFN said:

Too bad he's a coach of the year frontrunner as it stands right now due to the Cavs even being good. But yeah, he sucks for fantasy I guess.

Not hard to get votes in the weak East but his offensive sets are confusing. Drummond has way TOO much usage for a dude who has zero offensive game. Should be running everything through Sexland 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Not hard to get votes in the weak East but his offensive sets are confusing. Drummond has way TOO much usage for a dude who has zero offensive game. Should be running everything through Sexland 

Yeah I totally agree. I was watching the last game and Sexton & Garland looked kinda lost. Andre has a pretty putrid offensive rating so far this year though his defensive rating has been the best for a long time. Jarrett is much better.

The fact they lost to a garbage MIN without Towns while Andre hitting all these popcorn stats speaks volumes about how where his career is right now. This might be the last team he starts on and he better keep on his defense to continue playing in the NBA.

• Like 1
On 1/14/2021 at 1:10 PM, DonutGiveUp said:

Drummond is not a star nor priority. Nance can shoot, is under contract and part of their core he will be fine. Drummond is finished in Cleveland

LOL

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

What's funny? Cleveland trying to showcase him lol he has no future there 

pretty much everything i said has been spot on

read my initial post after the trade 

8 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

pretty much everything i said has been spot on

read my initial post after the trade 

You said Cle is playing for playoffs. They are not. Like I said, maybe they find themselves in a play-in game, but this is not a playoff ready/caliber team, yet. Which is a major factor in them trading/moving on from Drummond. If they were a truly competitive team, then sure hold him n try n compete in the playoffs. 

Cavs have lost 4 of last 5, and they got lucky in a couple games against the Nets (who were still trying to mesh as a team and learn how to play defense). Now the Cavs have the clippers and 2 games vs bucks this week. Outlook = not good. They struggled against one of the saddest franchises in league last night, with no towns, while ya boi Drummond dominated usage.

Drummond is a fine player, atleast statistically, and is still relatively young. But hes not the Cavs future. It would be foolish of them to keep running him out there and take playing time away from allen and usage from sexland.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gregp said:

You said Cle is playing for playoffs. They are not. Like I said, maybe they find themselves in a play-in game, but this is not a playoff ready/caliber team, yet. Which is a major factor in them trading/moving on from Drummond. If they were a truly competitive team, then sure hold him n try n compete in the playoffs. 

Cavs have lost 4 of last 5, and they got lucky in a couple games against the Nets (who were still trying to mesh as a team and learn how to play defense). Now the Cavs have the clippers and 2 games vs bucks this week. Outlook = not good. They struggled against one of the saddest franchises in league last night, with no towns, while ya boi Drummond dominated usage.

Drummond is a fine player, atleast statistically, and is still relatively young. But hes not the Cavs future. It would be foolish of them to keep running him out there and take playing time away from allen and usage from sexland.

they are currently the 7th seeded team in the east, so yes, they are playing for playoffs 

7 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

they are currently the 7th seeded team in the east, so yes, they are playing for playoffs 

And last week they were the 5 seed.

And next week theyll be the 9 seed. Following week theyll be the 11 seed.

They still have 52 games left. You really have that much confidence in this team with a losing record 20 games into their season?

It would be shocking if the Cavs, or Knicks, made a top 8 seed this season. I hope it happens tho, I'll root hard for em.

• Like 1