Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Talen Horton-Tucker 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao literally the only reason anyone is paying any attention to this Dr Seuss character is because he plays for the Lakers. Once the season starts, he's gonna go back to playing 10 minutes a night an

Pre-season   Now  

I'm intrigued.    

Hopefully walton picked up talen in his own fantasy league so these lofty expectations can be met lol classic case of egocentric owners expecting heavy minutes thrown at a 'budding superstar' they hadn't even heard of two weeks ago. He looks very good and the pieces might fall perfectly in place, but there's multiple guys currently on your waiver who won't rely on injuries or load management to lock in value. Don't sleep on tonight's box scores

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Talen Horton-Tucker 2020-2021 Outlook
  • 2 weeks later...

 

No idea if it's a sign of things to come or just a night where he happened to make every shot/layup/dunk.  But you have to like the defensive intensity with the four swipes.  Love that he threw it down when Harden was in lazy pursuit on the fast break.  And I liked the post move he had right at the basket.

Either this is just a blip on the radar or the beginning of his confidence growing and imposing his will more on the game.  I feel like two way players are always a good bet to have steady minutes, and supposedly this guy is proving to be a hound against star wings.  I picked him up off this highlight video and the enthusiasm on the Lakers subreddit, just to see what happens, in a 14 teamer.  It might take some patience though with having a bunch more stat lines like the rest of his lines prior to tonight, but I like taking the gamble on his development.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Talent is there,but the problem is Lakers is contending team not rebuilding team,and they load with wing players(KCP,Kuzma,Matthews)

Also he is hard to get high usage when LBJ,AD,Schroder,Harrell soak up most of shot

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kane said:

Talent is there,but the problem is Lakers is contending team not rebuilding team,and they load with wing players(KCP,Kuzma,Matthews)

Also he is hard to get high usage when LBJ,AD,Schroder,Harrell soak up most of shot

This pretty much. The kid is super talented but he has established vets in front of him who will get minutes before he does. Also have high usage players dominating the ball keeping it out of his hands. In redraft he’ll be hit and miss all year unless an injury occurs (hopefully not). In dynasty, just like we said before the season, buy, buy, buy. He’s money and will be a big fantasy contributor down the road.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he can be a contributor right now. Maybe more of a punt points build but he's getting stocks and doesn't hurt you anywhere and he's efficient too. Plenty of guys like him get ramped up to 25-30 minutes throughout the season, why are they going to keep rolling KCP over him? Don't think they will much longer

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I think he can be a contributor right now. Maybe more of a punt points build but he's getting stocks and doesn't hurt you anywhere and he's efficient too. Plenty of guys like him get ramped up to 25-30 minutes throughout the season, why are they going to keep rolling KCP over him? Don't think they will much longer

🤣🤣 bro really? This forum is crazy man. Why are they going to keep rolling KCP over him? Maybe because he’s shootings almost 48% from 3, over 50% from the field, has chemistry on the court with Bron and AD, and is one of their best perimeter defenders. I like Talen too but he’s not going to contribute like KCP will for the Lakers this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I think he can be a contributor right now. Maybe more of a punt points build but he's getting stocks and doesn't hurt you anywhere and he's efficient too. Plenty of guys like him get ramped up to 25-30 minutes throughout the season, why are they going to keep rolling KCP over him? Don't think they will much longer


this is one of those ‘you have to watch the team to understand’ situations. KCP helped us win the ring, and his hounding defense outside of the stat sheets is why he’s on the floor with Bron at all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ehh, maybe one day, now is not his time though.  Barely gets any minutes in a game that is a blowout almost the entire way through.  When he is in he's just chucking up bad threes, killing FG%.  Missed a pair of FTs.  I like his aggression and confidence, but the minutes and refinement aren't there at the moment.  And the only time he's doing anything with is when LeBron is off the floor.  The moment he comes back on he's just a bystander.

I'll be dropping him just as quickly as I picked him up, but I think he will be good/relevant one day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

he got a little over confident from last game lol. i don't think this is a proper representation of his game

3 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Ehh, maybe one day, now is not his time though.  Barely gets any minutes in a game that is a blowout almost the entire way through.  When he is in he's just chucking up bad threes, killing FG%.  Missed a pair of FTs.  I like his aggression and confidence, but the minutes and refinement aren't there at the moment.  And the only time he's doing anything with is when LeBron is off the floor.  The moment he comes back on he's just a bystander.

I'll be dropping him just as quickly as I picked him up, but I think he will be good/relevant one day.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...