Talen Horton-Tucker 2020-2021 Outlook

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao literally the only reason anyone is paying any attention to this Dr Seuss character is because he plays for the Lakers. Once the season starts, he's gonna go back to playing 10 minutes a night an

Pre-season   Now  

I'm intrigued.    

Whats the deal here? This dude cant find ANY minutes as one of the most promising young talents in basketball? Is there an imminent trade coming? Are the Lakers just f*cking with this guy by not letting him play and reducing his foreseeable value going into free agency so they can re-sign him for cheaper? Somethings off here. 

• Thanks 1

A very good dynasty stash at this point, cause he will get a whole lot of money even if the Lakers match him and they will play him. This year, they have better catch and shoot player vets

19 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Whats the deal here? This dude cant find ANY minutes as one of the most promising young talents in basketball? Is there an imminent trade coming? Are the Lakers just f*cking with this guy by not letting him play and reducing his foreseeable value going into free agency so they can re-sign him for cheaper? Somethings off here. 

I doubt he gets stuck in the shelf but they do have the deepest roster in the league, they have the luxury to stash him. When he’s out there he gets lost on defense sometimes, coach Is defensive minded and has high standards. They’re still teaching him & bringing him slowly but surely. (He just turned 20). 

i think he’s part of the long term plan (also a clutch client like most lakers)

17 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

I doubt he gets stuck in the shelf but they do have the deepest roster in the league, they have the luxury to stash him. When he’s out there he gets lost on defense sometimes, coach Is defensive minded and has high standards. They’re still teaching him & bringing him slowly but surely. (He just turned 20). 

i think he’s part of the long term plan (also a clutch client like most lakers)

So you think him getting healthy DNPS is no coincidence? That at this point they have better options? I'm ultimately trying to determine if he's worth stashing in a 12 teamer and if there's no imminent plan to find him play significant minutes one way or another I'll most likely send him to the wire. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Freddiefresh said:

Is something starting happen with tht in LA? Great game and a comfortable win vs the nuggets 

Man, it's the Lakers. Stop it with this stuff. He had 0 points last game. 

They too deep. 

• Thanks 1

The Lakers have to play him. They need to know if he can play cause end of this year teams are gonna make offers they have to decide whether to match in restricted free agency.

He is looking good, I won't be surprised if a big offer comes in. That also means if Lakers match they will have to unleash him since they are paying so much for him. It's enjoyable to watch THT literally play his way into earning his money.

Edited by rob0403
9 hours ago, rob0403 said:

The Lakers have to play him. They need to know if he can play cause end of this year teams are gonna make offers they have to decide whether to match in restricted free agency.

He is looking good, I won't be surprised if a big offer comes in. That also means if Lakers match they will have to unleash him since they are paying so much for him. It's enjoyable to watch THT literally play his way into earning his money.

I was just thinking about this today as well. This offseason will be interesting. I hope he does move to another team so he gains a bigger role. He is extremely talented.

9 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I was just thinking about this today as well. This offseason will be interesting. I hope he does move to another team so he gains a bigger role. He is extremely talented.

Yeah a lot can happen. I think it would be too embarrassing for management to lose him for nothing though.

They can trade him... if Lakers think there's something out there they absolutely need to win it all (if any of their main guys injured past playoffs). Package with another player. Maybe they don't want to pay his contract if they think it will be a lot?

They can trade Kuzma who really is not needed on this team. then they will definitely sign him in RFA.

Or just out right sign him.

THT putting up great supporting stats with scoring in less than 20 mins a game last 15 days. Hard to share scoring with LBJ, AD, and Harrell who he passes to on the floor. Either way he is gonna get mini unleashed this year, and unleashed in some team next year. 

He's also part of this bench death lineup that includes Harrell, Caruso, LBJ and some other player I forgot. Dominating the bench like starters are dominating the opposing starters.

• Like 1

Lakers 100% want to sign him to an extension. With his bird rights they can offer him a backloaded deal (say 4 years) I believe could be 10.2m over the first 2 years then 30m the remaining 2 when Bron and AD contracts are done.

It's something like that. 

• 1 month later...