Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alec Burks 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

The Knicks are jacking up 3s like nobody's business and running a slumping Reggie Bullock and RJ out there. The role is there if this guy can lace em up, not trusting him this week tho

Edited by MikeXScott
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets also not forget that his wife just gave birth to their child. It's a known, scientific fact that players elevate their game once their child is born. Fred VanVleet is an example. Norm Powell actu

I think no one is going to score for the NYK other than Randle, RJ and him. And with Thibs tendency to trust only a few of his players, I think Burks has a potential to have a career year (or at least

This is a good sign. Already playing 30 min, closed out the game in a damn blowout lol. You can tell the rust was there as he missed a few easy layups. Once he gets into rhythm he'll get those buckets

Posted Images

This also sucks because you only have so many games to get out of him in roto without a leash because once he gets traded to a contender his usage is going down. So you were banking on the early part of the schedule to GET SOME. But such is life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

unreal. i got 3 guys INJ and have no idea what to do with him.. getting buried every week


nothing anyone can do but continue stashing or cut ties. For guys with multiple INJ players, I would advise that you appeal to your commissioner especially if a lot of your league mates are holding injured players.

I’m the commissioner of my league, and I recently put it up for a vote if my league mates would like either an additional bench spot or additional IR spot due to Covid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:


nothing anyone can do but continue stashing or cut ties. For guys with multiple INJ players, I would advise that you appeal to your commissioner especially if a lot of your league mates are holding injured players.

I’m the commissioner of my league, and I recently put it up for a vote if my league mates would like either an additional bench spot or additional IR spot due to Covid.

 

2 IR is mandatory this season. 

 

58 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

unreal. i got 3 guys INJ and have no idea what to do with him.. getting buried every week

 

10 team or less I would drop.

12-14ers + is a different ballgame 

If it's going to hurt my chances of making playoffs , I rather cut bait early. Maybe try to snatch them back up later through FAAB or Waiver.

Not sure on your league settings 

Edited by RunCMC
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

2 IR is mandatory this season. 

 

 

10 team or less I would drop.

12-14ers + is a different ballgame 

If it's going to hurt my chances of making playoffs , I rather cut bait early. Maybe try to snatch them back up later through FAAB or Waiver.

Not sure on your league settings 

12 team Waiver  .. got Morant, KLove, Burks And Garland all OUT  really brutal

Link to post
Share on other sites

From Roto blurb:

Alec Burks is in a walking boot because of an ankle sprain, and will be re-evaluated in 7-to-10 days.

Sigh.. Looks like this sprain is much worse than whats been reported. I hope there's still minutes for him when he returns.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

From Roto blurb:

Alec Burks is in a walking boot because of an ankle sprain, and will be re-evaluated in 7-to-10 days.

Sigh.. Looks like this sprain is much worse than whats been reported. I hope there's still minutes for him when he returns.

Same same. He’s starting to look like a drop for me bc I don’t have a free IL. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This weekend should be time for his re-evaluation. Really hoping he’s back for one of the weekend games. If not looking he might be back next wk.

I can’t be the only one stashing and makings small trades for this guy in 12 teamers?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IDatDude said:

This weekend should be time for his re-evaluation. Really hoping he’s back for one of the weekend games. If not looking he might be back next wk.

I can’t be the only one stashing and makings small trades for this guy in 12 teamers?  

Nah been stashing in my 12 teamer as well

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IDatDude said:

This weekend should be time for his re-evaluation. Really hoping he’s back for one of the weekend games. If not looking he might be back next wk.

I can’t be the only one stashing and makings small trades for this guy in 12 teamers?  

 

54 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Nah been stashing in my 12 teamer as well

Same, I've been stashing. You're not gonna find 18-5-3 on ww.

Link to post
Share on other sites

listening to the broadcast last night Doris Burke brought him up being in a walking boot and that it didn't sound like they were hopeful that he would be back soon which is worrisome bc Burks has had ankle problems throughout his career so this isn't an outlier. Its something that has followed him around at every stop 

with that said he will be a big part of the Knicks offense if he can just get back on the court

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

You aren’t gonna find 18-5-3 with Burks either lol

This. I dropped him earlier in the week cause of my other players going into COVID protocol/being named Kyrie. 

His start was absolutely hot, but it was a 3-game sample size guys. He's not going to be producing at that level or anything close to it for the rest of the season. He's a solid 13-3-3 guy with 2 3s, and .5 stl at weak FG%. Definitely worth a spot in 14+ teamers, but 12 and fewer, he's going to be at the end of your roster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

This. I dropped him earlier in the week cause of my other players going into COVID protocol/being named Kyrie. 

His start was absolutely hot, but it was a 3-game sample size guys. He's not going to be producing at that level or anything close to it for the rest of the season. He's a solid 13-3-3 guy with 2 3s, and .5 stl at weak FG%. Definitely worth a spot in 14+ teamers, but 12 and fewer, he's going to be at the end of your roster.

He produces when given minutes. And he's demonstrated this over his career. 16.1/4.7/3.1 in GSW in 29 min in 48 games as an example. He's also clearly the best guard on the knicks and that has more to do with the lack of depth on this team. I'd agree that he would be a 13-3-3 guy if he's in any other situation. But Thibs is gonna ride him hard when he's fully healthy. Is the start he had this season sustainable? Percentage wise, no and I do anticipate a drop off in the counting stats as well but not by much. But if he consistently gets 30-35 min, he can produce well. 18-5-3 on a boat load of minutes is not out of the question.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't expect the same numbers when he returns. Rivers wasn't in the rotation due to injury and the PG situation wasn't defined at the start of the season. If the starting backcourt (Rivers/Elfrid) receive 30+ min that leaves around 36 min to be split between Bullock (currently injured), Quickley, and Burks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I wouldn't expect the same numbers when he returns. Rivers wasn't in the rotation due to injury and the PG situation wasn't defined at the start of the season. If the starting backcourt (Rivers/Elfrid) receive 30+ min that leaves around 36 min to be split between Bullock (currently injured), Quickley, and Burks. 

Rivers and Elfrid aren't guaranteed minutes by any stretch,  burks will have the same role when he gets back 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeXScott said:

Rivers and Elfrid aren't guaranteed minutes by any stretch,  burks will have the same role when he gets back 

We'll see but even still he's not gonna average close to 30 min off the bench either way with everyone healthy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...