Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alec Burks 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

We'll see but even still he's not gonna average close to 30 min off the bench either way with everyone healthy. 

I think he will. Thibs is in win-now mode and he's going to roll out his best options for as long as he can. This team is so challenged offensively that they will need his scoring.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets also not forget that his wife just gave birth to their child. It's a known, scientific fact that players elevate their game once their child is born. Fred VanVleet is an example. Norm Powell actu

I think no one is going to score for the NYK other than Randle, RJ and him. And with Thibs tendency to trust only a few of his players, I think Burks has a potential to have a career year (or at least

This is a good sign. Already playing 30 min, closed out the game in a damn blowout lol. You can tell the rust was there as he missed a few easy layups. Once he gets into rhythm he'll get those buckets

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ace_King said:

What kind of ROS production can we expect from him?

The fg% will regress some (46%) but the opportunity here is massive , I think he'll pick up where he left off

18 4 4, 2.5 3's , 90% ft , 1 stl , .5 blk

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him off waivers just now. I think the same as most of this thread - he will retake his starting spot back from Bullock as soon as he's up to speed and will produce very nicely. Too hard to ignore the FT% boost at high volume especially - hard to find in any waiver wires.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He never started a single game. So its not HIS starting spot at all. He has been having success before coming off the bench. Maybe that is his best fit? Will knock Knox down maybe? Or give Rivers the fits. Quickley even could be in line for a demotion. Or Payton. You never know. Its fluid situation. I would say Knox though and others losing a smaller portion of minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

He never started a single game. So its not HIS starting spot at all. He has been having success before coming off the bench. Maybe that is his best fit? Will knock Knox down maybe? Or give Rivers the fits. Quickley even could be in line for a demotion. Or Payton. You never know. Its fluid situation. I would say Knox though and others losing a smaller portion of minutes.

Yeah I think Burks will come off the bench, play big minutes and close out games similar to Terrence Ross in Orlando.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

He never started a single game. So its not HIS starting spot at all. He has been having success before coming off the bench. Maybe that is his best fit? Will knock Knox down maybe? Or give Rivers the fits. Quickley even could be in line for a demotion. Or Payton. You never know. Its fluid situation. I would say Knox though and others losing a smaller portion of minutes.

Gotcha, assumed his big minutes meant he started but looked it up and he didn't. Minutes are the key I guess - as long as he's in the mid to high 20s, he'll have value especially as he'll be torching most benches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell yeah I'm on this train. Scooped him up both leagues when clock struck midnight.

Perfect he still had the INJ tag, stayed out of everyones radar. 

Lets go Thibs ride your vets . Burks is only 29 that's good , still somewhat considered prime.

I didn't know he was a 1st round pick in 2011. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really wish I knew what to make of him.  I have a few future roster moves that I'm considering, but it's all contingent upon whether Burks is healthy/playing like a strong hold or if he's injured/more of a streaming option.

I just really don't want to be the guy to drop him and then watch him play like he did to start the year for the rest of the whole season 😬

Edited by sld12
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivers being doubtful may be the best news for Burks value.

Thibs loves his vets but he also loves his starters. With no exaggeration Burks may be the best bench fantasy contributor on a Thibodeau team since D.J. Augustin back in 2013-14. 

Mind this is a guy who played Mike Dunleavy, Tony Snell and a 32 year-old Taj Gibson over Mirotic and Dieng and proceeded to crush both fantasy values into the ground. 

I'd like to say the guy has somewhat adapted for the modern NBA but then change my mind once reading RJ Barrett's 36 minute average. 

Edited by Crazycanto
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Really wish I knew what to make of him.  I have a few future roster moves that I'm considering, but it's all contingent upon whether Burks is healthy/playing like a strong hold or if he's injured/more of a streaming option.

I just really don't want to be the guy to drop him and then have him play like he did to start the year for the rest of the whole season 😬

It depends who's on the wire. It's reasonable to think Burks will have one of the best value wire picks if it pans out, but then it's hard to predict given Thibs + his injury history. Just hold for a week if you can unless you really need his spot to stream.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

Rivers being doubtful may be the best news for Burks value.

Thibs loves his vets but he also loves his starters. With no exaggeration Burks may be the best bench fantasy contributor on a Thibodeau team since D.J. Augustin back in 2013-14. 

Mind this is a guy who played Mike Dunleavy, Tony Snell and a 32 year-old Taj Gibson over Mirotic and Dieng and proceeded to crush both fantasy values into the ground. 

I'd like to say the guy has somewhat adapted for the modern NBA but then change my mind once reading RJ Barrett's 36 minute average. 

Don't forget Nate "The Great" Robinson

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Hell yeah I'm on this train. Scooped him up both leagues when clock struck midnight.

Perfect he still had the INJ tag, stayed out of everyones radar. 

Lets go Thibs ride your vets . Burks is only 29 that's good , still somewhat considered prime.

I didn't know he was a 1st round pick in 2011. 

Same....choo choo

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

So fellas, honestly, what are we expecting/hoping for with his return? (i'm debating a possible add)

32 min, 17.7 pts, 4.5 reb, 3 ast, 2 3's, 1 stl, 41% FG, 85% FT

Really, im referencing this from his time in GSW when he got legit minutes. I see no reason why he couldn't get 30+ min on this NYK team that is starving for shooters and offense.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Hell yeah I'm on this train. Scooped him up both leagues when clock struck midnight.

Perfect he still had the INJ tag, stayed out of everyones radar. 

Lets go Thibs ride your vets . Burks is only 29 that's good , still somewhat considered prime.

I didn't know he was a 1st round pick in 2011. 

Scooped him too, and eric gordon...hope for one of this guys have long term

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...