NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alec Burks 2020-2021 Outlook

15 minutes ago, Kraptocracy said:

Line was about what I expected especially with some rust. Couple more buckets instead of misses and he has pretty close to what was expected. Easy hold.

We'll see how he fares against Sac tomorrow.

He should smash tomorrow. Given the minutes he played tonight. Yup, easy hold. Glad I picked him up..

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think no one is going to score for the NYK other than Randle, RJ and him. And with Thibs tendency to trust only a few of his players, I think Burks has a potential to have a career year (or at least

Lets also not forget that his wife just gave birth to their child. It's a known, scientific fact that players elevate their game once their child is born. Fred VanVleet is an example. Norm Powell actu

Bump

Posted Images

Over the 4 games Burks played in, he had 28 FTA. Can we expect something like 5 FTA per game for the rest of the season if he continues to play 30+ mpg? Because if so, that's something that separates him from players like Eric Gordon and Terrence Ross and can be very valuable.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Jaguar Paw said:

Over the 4 games Burks played in, he had 28 FTA. Can we expect something like 5 FTA per game for the rest of the season if he continues to play 30+ mpg? Because if so, that's something that separates him from players like Eric Gordon and Terrence Ross and can be very valuable.

Watched a little bit of the game last night, he has a knack for drawing fouls.  Leaning into guys in the lane and selling contact, pump faking to get guys in the air.  That's part of his game it seems, and I think it can hold up.

30 minutes first game back is crazy and I can't wait to see him get back to form.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Pattythrills said:

This man has had 11 shots so far and missed just about all of them. 

He's forcing the shots that he's taking because they don't pass him the ball when he's open.

edit: they finally pass to him for a corner 3. 

Edited by fachowski
18 minutes ago, fachowski said:

He's forcing the shots that he's taking because they don't pass him the ball when he's open.

edit: they finally pass to him for a corner 3. 

He’s been open for most of his shots. He’s even struggling at the line.  Man just isn’t very good. Drop city for brick city.

4 minutes ago, Pattythrills said:

He’s been open for most of his shots. He’s even struggling at the line.  Man just isn’t very good. Drop city for brick city.

Don’t drop, it was barely his 2nd game back. He’s rusty

Give him atleast another 3-4 matchups. Trust 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Pattythrills said:

lol you need to give him more time. Out for 3 weeks. Playing the second night of a b2b. His conditioning is not there yet. The minutes are there. Even if he's not getting the passes for shots he's still manage to attempt 14 of em. If he makes 6 of those and goes 4-4 from the line you're looking at maybe 17-18 pts . Once he shakes off the rust he'll be fine. He ain't gonna shoot this bad.

Edited by sharkpotato
8 minutes ago, Pattythrills said:

I mean maybe in shallow leagues, but in 12s or maybe even some 10s, he's not gonna last long on the wire lol

Knicks have been punching above their weight. Wouldn't bet on Bullock sticking in the starting unit - what does he do better than Burks? If they plan on staying competitive something has to change, and that something might be an increase in Burks' role.

• Like 1
Just now, alwaysstressed said:

He's solid. Ive hung on to him since Game 2. He looked great that game also. He's going to have a solid role on this team. 

Looking great tonight...wow