NBC Sports Edge Forums

AI Horford 2020-2021 Outlook

Horford had a rough season in 76ers(5th scoring option and got benched in bubble),but he still finish in 6th round per game value and 4th round total value.Now he get the opportunity have a bigger role in OKC because OKC have very few bigman behind him.

Can he bounce back this season or keep declining given he is 34 now?

Edited by kane
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

don't ever wrap your willy again horford 🙂

that's why

5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Youth development. There is no point in developing a 34 year old Horford. OKC is tanking.

Would like to ask - you think they start Poku or Muscala at the 5? I still think they can develop their young core, tank, and have Horford as a mentor to teach them winning basketball.

Horford makes his teammates better, having him as another facilitator that can stretch the floor and coordinate the defense will help develop their young guns.

Should have a bounce-back year to build value before inevitably getting moved. (If possible)

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

Would like to ask - you think they start Poku or Muscala at the 5? I still think they can develop their young core, tank, and have Horford as a mentor to teach them winning basketball.

I mean honestly I know they have to start him due to trading for him and that bum contract. But realistically he shouldn’t see more than 20 minutes a game.

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Youth development. There is no point in developing a 34 year old Horford. OKC is tanking.

Developing is not only about throwing young and unexperienced players to the floor. Developing is what OKC did last year with CP3 and Shai. And its what they are going to do with Big Al. I cant imagine a better way of learning the game of basketball than sharing the floor with a high IQ player like Al.

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

You guys aren't forgetting who the Thunder's GM is right? Expect a resurgence from Al while OKC looks competitive in games. Al get traded for a 1st round pick next offseason.

true. but we just care about this season for redraft leagues.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I mean honestly I know they have to start him due to trading for him and that bum contract. But realistically he shouldn’t see more than 20 minutes a game.

Again, I think this would only happen if Poku just blew the socks off of everyone's expectations and inhaled every rebound while shooting 3s at whatever 100-something lbs weight he's currently at, or if Muscala turned into Embiid. Al can do good for the young core especially with someone like Poku.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Having a former allstar big man who can make plays and direct defense is the perfect recipe for developing young players. Just having young players ball hog and run into one another doesn’t do their development any good. The Thunder doesn’t have any big men prospects right now but do have a lot of wing players with potential. They will play Horford 28-30 mins a night so the young players aren’t just getting destroyed.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

true. but we just care about this season for redraft leagues.

I'm reacting to the earlier posts saying that his minutes should hover around the low 20s. Are there even any other bigs in the Thunder's rotation that will last a full season of banging? They will try to remain competitive. No fan favorites left in their team to follow.

He didn't even regress. It was just a bad fit with Philly. Look at his numbers when Embiid was injured. His situation right now is better than when he was on the Celtics as he doesn't even have any competition for minutes like Baynes. Noel is also gone.

Edited by OxyBubbleMan
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

I'm reacting to the earlier posts saying that his minutes should hover around the low 20s. Are there even any other bigs in the Thunder's rotation that will last a full season of banging? They will try to remain competitive. No fan favorites left in their team to follow.

He didn't even regress. It was just a bad fit with Philly. Look at his numbers when Embiid was injured. His situation right now is better than when he was on the Celtics as he doesn't even have any competition for minutes like Baynes. Noel is also gone.

Yup, the chemistry with Embiid was just bad.

Numbers last year without Embiid:

GP 21 | 32.0 mpg | 15.0 ppg | 7.2 rpg | 4.8 apg | 1.0 spg | 1.0 bpg | 1.7 3's | 0.450 fg% | 0.737 ft%

Congrats if you picked him anywhere later in the draft. 

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Thanks 2

Ok, so i know this is preseason and these are the Bulls (lol) but watch out for this guy. Not that you wouldn't expect this when his competition is Muscala, TJ Leaf and a 19-old Pokusevski, but i like what i see here. Shai constantly getting double teamed will open up a lot of good looks for Al.

There's literally no one else on the court capable of hitting shots except for bazley when he gets hot.

Edited by doomz
On 12/14/2020 at 11:02 AM, tazdingo said:

TIME SHARE with Horford losing more and more minutes as the season continues.

12 minutes ago, joshoowah said:

He'll probably outproduce his ADP by about 20 spots honestly. The question is if things will be a bit more sporadic come fantasy playoffs, as OKC fails to be in contention. 

well if only rottoworld would shut up about it savvy managers can flip em before that happens but blurbs kill value every year

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

well if only rottoworld would shut up about it savvy managers can flip em before that happens but blurbs kill value every year

Yeah, I rarely read the RW blurbs. He's on my draft list honestly just because of the value he can provide as a late rounder. 

3 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

TIME SHARE with Horford losing more and more minutes as the season continues.

Very plausible, but Poku would need to bulk up quick IMO if he's playing as a 4 or 5. His body is just too frail at the moment to match with starting quality big men.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:26 AM, tazdingo said:

Very plausible, but Poku would need to bulk up quick IMO if he's playing as a 4 or 5. His body is just too frail at the moment to match with starting quality big men.

I want to point out that Poku has nothing to do with Center position. He has never played it.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to AI Horford 2020-2021 Outlook