NBC Sports Edge Forums

AI Horford 2020-2021 Outlook

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Are they even allowed to do this?

Nope but there's no one in charge to do anything. Load management ✓ blatant tanking ✓ paying guys to not play while healthy ✓ welcome to Silvers NBA circus 

• Like 1
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

don't ever wrap your willy again horford 🙂

that's why

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

silver doesnt care if you aint a superstar

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

What’s wrong with it? It’s against the norm. 

“Hey, we are still going to pay you, just don’t come back this season.” Not many owners will pay you to not show up.

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Moses Brown was gone a week ago.

Maybe for you. Rarely will I pick up rentals unless if it's for a extended period. I'm in 12 teamers. Now??? Brown gives me something to think about. The runway is open.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Maybe for you. Rarely will I pick up rentals unless if it's for a extended period. I'm in 12 teamers. Now??? Brown gives me something to think about. The runway is open.

Dang your league gives you this much time to think about somebody like Brown? 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

LOL

Last 2 weeks he's averaging 12/11 with 1 steal 2 blocks and 60% FG.  He's putting up ~3rd round value, and is long gone in any non-taco league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The team doesn’t have to play anybody they don’t want to and they will still be paying him. Under the guise of “we want to look at the young guys.” Ok.

Having said that, this blatant tank job is completely ridiculous and if Silver had a backbone, he would realize it’s hurting the product

5 minutes ago, alexstr said:

LOL

Last 2 weeks he's averaging 12/11 with 1 steal 2 blocks and 60% FG.  He's putting up ~3rd round value, and is long gone in any non-taco league.

I recognized that. Didn't need it though. Somebody will try and grab him now. It's not that bad. I beat most of em' to the punch. And usually I out bid em'. But Nurk, I don't trust him. 

Edited by Forever Smooth
Editing
3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

The team doesn’t have to play anybody they don’t want to and they will still be paying him. Under the guise of “we want to look at the young guys.” Ok.

Having said that, this blatant tank job is completely ridiculous and if Silver had a backbone, he would realize it’s hurting the product

Think about  "The Process" and that 4-5 year tank job. You had execs complaining about Sam Hinkie for the same reasons you talking about and here we are today in 2021 and it's still going on. I agree with you though. Bottom line in the NBA, teams wanna win and teams wanna lose. Playoffs or ping-pong balls.

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Tanking isn't bad when you're a small market like Oklahoma. How else are they supposed to get stars lol

I mean we definitely got more value than expected, but saving a 35 year Horford, who is owed 25$ million next year for a trade is kind of desperate... makes the Oklahoma City Tankers look 🤡. No one's going to trade for him, buy the man out  and stop wasting everybody's time... Maybe they are praying he retires, but they ain't winning anytime soon anyway.

Edited by MantisToboggan

Talk about a dream job getting paid literally life changing truck loads on money to rarely work. This is the perfect time to be an NBA player. Salaries are through the roof and teams rest their players more than any point in NBA history.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

let this thread die. bump only if he gets another baby for next season.

Yeah, we all knew this was gonna happen at some point with OKC clearly rebuilding from the beginning.  Curious to see where he goes or if the Thunder trade him somehow.  But man, it was crazy frustrating owning him this year.  He was decent when healthy but those random (and expected B2B) missed games ...? Sorta like an employee who does great work when he's there but only occasionally shows up to work.

14 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yeah, we all knew this was gonna happen at some point with OKC clearly rebuilding from the beginning.  Curious to see where he goes or if the Thunder trade him somehow.  But man, it was crazy frustrating owning him this year.  He was decent when healthy but those random (and expected B2B) missed games ...? Sorta like an employee who does great work when he's there but only occasionally shows up to work.

exactly. He at times would be as good as a top 30 player. It felt horrible to rely on his stats. Honestly, this is more of an audition for next year. We at least know his game aged well. He's DND unless he gets moved in off season. I hope you got to grab Moses though. It was a great consolation for us Horford owners.

4 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

exactly. He at times would be as good as a top 30 player. It felt horrible to rely on his stats. Honestly, this is more of an audition for next year. We at least know his game aged well. He's DND unless he gets moved in off season. I hope you got to grab Moses though. It was a great consolation for us Horford owners.

Yeah, I grabbed Moses in one league but he was swooped in so many others.  Sorta pissed because with the other OKC bigs, I expected Poku/Roby to take C minutes, but apparently Poku's a point forward (with the way he plays) and Roby plays PF (until/if Bazley returns).

As for Horford, I agree.  He's probably on my DnD list too.  I expected SOME rest, but while I kept cracking the "he's only 34 and rests more than my grandpa", I really didn't understand why he needed to rest EVERY B2B.  Even watching him out there, it never seemed like he was working that hard, lol.

• Haha 1