NBC Sports Edge Forums

AI Horford 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Developing is not only about throwing young and unexperienced players to the floor. Developing is what OKC did last year with CP3 and Shai. And its what they are going to do with Big Al. I cant imagin

don't ever wrap your willy again horford 🙂

He has a b2b coming up.. please please pleeassee suit up for both games.

So if he doesn't have this resurgence that some people were expecting a 34yo unleashed from the shackles of Philly:

11/7/4 with 1.5 3s with .460/.75 %s on basically no FTs and low volume FGAs and maybe only 0.5/0.5 Stl/Blk due to aging athleticism. Half of his shots are 3s. Sits all B2Bs.

He's top 100. But he sure seems meh on your roster. He used to help in %s and stocks, but I'm not sure anymore. Not droppable but kind of gets in the way on some rosters that don't need those big man assists.

3 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

So if he doesn't have this resurgence that some people were expecting a 34yo unleashed from the shackles of Philly:

11/7/4 with 1.5 3s with .460/.75 %s on basically no FTs and low volume FGAs and maybe only 0.5/0.5 Stl/Blk due to aging athleticism. Half of his shots are 3s. Sits all B2Bs.

He's top 100. But he sure seems meh on your roster. He used to help in %s and stocks, but I'm not sure anymore. Not droppable but kind of gets in the way on some rosters that don't need those big man assists.

Don't talk about averages yet he literally just played 4 games. 

I know it's early.but he is quite disappointed so far,career low in mins,pts,FG%,stocks,seems just setting screen and waiting in three point line to shoot 3s,not aggressive,and rest in b2b don't help

I won't be dropping him but he will be for sure riding my bench after this game. Damn shame, I was expecting good things from him. It's still early so I'm holding.

Think this guy's likely going to be one of my biggest misses this year.  Bought into the idea he'd get more touches as the cagey, most experienced vet but no, settles for 10 FGA and lacks the easy put backs because he's too busy sniping.  The rest is bad enough already (although was to be expected), however he hasn't asserted himself like I anticipated so his production is limited across-the-board contributions but nothing spectacular at 26 mpg.  

Hoping he gets a little more feisty over the next couple of weeks but it looks like a deliberate tank job is in the works with OKC.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 80version said:

Think this guy's likely going to be one of my biggest misses this year.  Bought into the idea he'd get more touches as the cagey, most experienced vet but no, settles for 10 FGA and lacks the easy put backs because he's too busy sniping.  The rest is bad enough already (although was to be expected), however he hasn't asserted himself like I anticipated so his production is limited across-the-board contributions but nothing spectacular at 26 mpg.  

Hoping he gets a little more feisty over the next couple of weeks but it looks like a deliberate tank job is in the works with OKC.  

I drafted him to 4 roto teams so I know your pain. He's my biggest miss as well. Well Nurkic too but he's only on 2 of my teams. Luckily he was cheap in auction leagues tho.

What's really bothering me about him is he's only recorded 1 steal so far this year. I figured his blocks might go down but hes always flirted with nearly 1 steal a game. I expected that at least, but nope, practically nothing there so far. 

8 hours ago, gladiator888 said:

He is not bad enough for you to drop but not good enough to hold either. It's a tough spot as most of us drafted him pretty high. 

I wouldn't say pretty high but I hate the fact that I passed on so much more better centers than him (Allen and Holmes). I've always felt like you have to get your centers and PGs correct and him being my 3rd best center while Bryant being my first is a real pain.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

Half his attempts came from 3, wtf. Strongly looking like his fg% won't be reliable this year.

LaMarcus and Horford becoming a bunch of Brook Lopezes now. I thought OKC would at least take advantage of Horford's post passing instead of looking at how the Sixers used him last year.

Edited by OxyBubbleMan
4 hours ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

LaMarcus and Horford becoming a bunch of Brook Lopezes now. 

100% this. It's just sad to see him just hang around outside the 3 pt lines in offense. His assists drop even more compared to the last year adventure in Philly

6 hours ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

LaMarcus and Horford becoming a bunch of Brook Lopezes now. I thought OKC would at least take advantage of Horford's post passing instead of looking at how the Sixers used him last year.

At least Brook had some absurd blocks to go with the lack of boards. The frustrating part about Horford & Aldridge is that they look like really crappy wing players if you cover their names.

• Like 1

I'm still holding but stashing him on my bench for now. Picked up Royce or Portis in all my leagues as a temporary replacement since the fg% difference is massive.