• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

don't ever wrap your willy again horford 🙂

that's why

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

i picked him up in my 10 team league because even last year when he had a down year he was top 80. Hes been a consistent mid rounder for like the last 10 years. With that being said, his leash is short.

I feel like the people who drafted him all have this feeling of getting cheated and expected top 80 AT WORST because he was basically unchallenged at his spot. But he's basically pulled a Kawhi 2019-2020 season with these games where he sits down... Except with highly underwhelming numbers. 

1 minute ago, mchspd3 said:

Batum is going starting off hot coming back from the birth of his child.

He came the day of too.

My expectations...

Batum also missed zero games compared to Horford who hasn't played in 2 weeks for the birth of his kid...unless you have low expectations, he ain't hitting them

1 minute ago, jay_00 said:

I was able to trade him off in 2 leagues. I got 2 more teams left to dump him off. I can't deal with all the resting this season and poor fg%.

yeah neither can i.  im hoping for him to go off when he returns and then I'm gonna try to sell-high

Hes questionable today but I would give it a 0.000001% chance he actually plays tonight. Assuming he and his family have moved and currently live in OKC, why would he travel to Phoenix tonight just to go straight back to OKC for friday's game instead of just staying there for Friday's game.

• Thanks 1

Well I am pleasantly surprised and glad i was wrong. Hes available tonight! Im benching him though, I dont see him playing his usual minutes right off the bat in his first game in 2 weeks.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
7 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Curious.. you guys that have traded him, what were you able to get in return?

I had to throw him in 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 deals. It would be very surprising if anyone took a 1 for 1 deal for him. I traded Vucevic/Horford for Anthony Davis, and the other league I traded Mccollum/CP3/Horford for Doncic/Jrue. No one vetoed them or complained, but I felt like I easily won both deals.

Edited by jay_00
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

I had to throw him in 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 deals. It would be very surprising if anyone took a 1 for 1 deal for him. I traded Vucevic/Horford for Anthony Davis, and the other league I traded Mccollum/CP3/Horford for Doncic/Jrue. No one vetoed them or complained, but I felt like I easily won both deals.

Of course you won both deal wtf. AD a perrenial top 3 talent? Doncic and Jrue for an injured mccollum old cp3? lol

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

You play with a bunch of fantasy basketball "experts"? 

Edited by HotSauce24
5 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Of course you won both deal wtf. AD a perrenial top 3 talent? Doncic and Jrue for an injured mccollum old cp3? lol

I get what you're saying, but at the time of the deal Vucevic was ranked 10 and Davis was like 24. Also CJ was not injured and was ranked 5th overall while Doncic was ranked outside the top 50. I sold high clearly.

7 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

You play with a bunch of fantasy basketball "experts"? 

Surprisingly most of the people in those leagues I got from here in the find a league forum lol. So hey, the deals couldn't have been that bad at the time since the rankings were drastically different than now. Still common sense should be to not trade your top pick away for starting slow in their first 10 games.

The Davis trade wasn't vetoed only because my team is pretty bad in that league. It's my only bad team I drafted. Even if Davis becomes the 1st overall player again it won't make much of a difference. No way that team cracks the top 3, probably not even top 5.

10 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

Surprisingly most of the people in those leagues I got from here in the find a league forum lol. So hey, the deals couldn't have been that bad at the time since the rankings were drastically different than now. Still common sense should be to not trade your top pick away for starting slow in their first 10 games.

The Davis trade wasn't vetoed only because my team is pretty bad in that league. It's my only bad team I drafted. Even if Davis becomes the 1st overall player again it won't make much of a difference. No way that team cracks the top 3, probably not even top 5.

Honestly basing trades on purely rankings in a vacuum isn't the best bet. Like you said, you have to look at previous years, etc. 

27 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Honestly basing trades on purely rankings in a vacuum isn't the best bet. Like you said, you have to look at previous years, etc. 

Yeah for example McCollum. Sure hes having his best season ever but hes never had a first round fantasy season in his life. History shows hes not finishing ranked 5th lol. He was drafted like 5th round for a reason. I mean if you can get the trade then all power to you but its a wtf lol.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
3 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

damn straight!

Didnt start him cause I thought 2 weeks off maybe 20 mins at most just cause but hes putting a heck of a game on. Thrilla my guy was on the fence on picking him said eff it this morning.

• Haha 1