• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me looking at the box score knowing I picked him up over RJax

Dear all those folks in page 1 about dropping sweet lou         

no reason to think he cannot put up near last seasons numbers again...he just started off real slow and lost minutes and opportunities along the way to other guys but we all know hes more than capable

Posted Images

Enough is enough. What is going on here? He didn't just become too old for the league overnight. It's weird because its basically the same team as last year except for the coach. Could Lue really be the problem or just a horrible slump?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, printscreen said:

Enough is enough. What is going on here? He didn't just become too old for the league overnight. It's weird because its basically the same team as last year except for the coach. Could Lue really be the problem or just a horrible slump?

They added Luke Kennard, Serge Ibaka, Nicolas Batum. Not basically the same team. 

Edited by RAGINGROOSTER
19 minutes ago, printscreen said:

Ibaka for rebounds

Kennard for backup point duties

Batum for defense

Harrell his pick and roll buddy is a Laker.

28 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

They added Luke Kennard, Serge Ibaka, Nicolas Batum. Not basically the same team. 

Kennard I can see effecting him a little. Ibaka and batum have nothing to do with Lou not scoring like he used to. You would think batum would even help because hes a guy that doesn't look to score often. I know harrell was his buddy but to drop off a cliff like this is unusual.

1 hour ago, printscreen said:

I was thinking the exact same thing... He's not too old yet, it's just that Ty Lue thinks he doesn't need him anymore, I hope he gets traded and puts up last year's numbers.

And I really thought he was going to have a better year than last one (back to 20ppg)...

2 hours ago, printscreen said:

Kennard I can see effecting him a little. Ibaka and batum have nothing to do with Lou not scoring like he used to. You would think batum would even help because hes a guy that doesn't look to score often. I know harrell was his buddy but to drop off a cliff like this is unusual.

I simply stated the players they've added, as the previous poster indicated no changes to their roster. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

he hasnt even played 25 minutes. A point a minute is tough,

Minutes aren't as important as usage and aggression for Lou Will. Give him 24 mins and the freedom to gun and he'll give you at least 15 ppg

1 minute ago, bballshinobi said:

Minutes aren't as important as usage and aggression for Lou Will. Give him 24 mins and the freedom to gun and he'll give you at least 15 ppg

i dropped him and i am contemplating picking him back up. I drafted him but idk

2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

i dropped him and i am contemplating picking him back up. I drafted him but idk

It's just what you expect. He won't do 18 and 5 like he did the last couple of years, but 14 and 4 for him should be easy if his role is re-affirmed. I think Lue has made it clear with Lou what he expects, so I am optmistic

https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/story/2021-01-11/clippers-rotations-lou-williams-chicago-bulls

He told Kennard that his minutes would be staggered to avoid pairings with Williams as often as possible. And he told Williams the advice the NBA’s all-time leading scorer off the bench badly needed to hear.

“I just said offensively, he’s been trying to do the right thing of moving the basketball,” Lue said. “But I just told him, you know, ‘You just got to be yourself. Be who you are. Who you’ve been the last 14, 15 years, and if you score, we’re going to keep you out there.'”

The decision unlocked a more aggressive version of Williams one day later as he scored a season-high 21 points during a comeback victory against Chicago. It also underscored how Lue’s track record of lineup tinkering played a factor in his October hiring following the tenure of Doc Rivers, who endured criticism throughout the last postseason for being too reactive with his adjustments.

...pick him back up

• Thanks 1