NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Lou Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

Snatch

2 hours ago, marcadillo said:

Lou got it together tonight! 17/5/4/2 line. 4/9 FGs.

Maybe this is what he needed to jump start his season and get minutes finally. I ain’t dropping him yet.

Still alarming he only took 9 shots. I read he‘s still feeling his hip a bit, but I‘m holding as well.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

Has he found his stroke finally?

thats what im wondering as i need a low end pg for my team. Has he found his stroke and should be back to what was expected of him this year or is it a short term type situation because George is out

If Sweet Lou is on  any of your wires, go get him. I guarantee you he's better than your low end PG. No timetable for Paul George either. Grab him now, Lou good 15-20 per with some dimes and a stl. And look, he readily available in most leagues.

Edited by Forever Smooth
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

If Sweet Lou is on  any of your wires, go get him. I guarantee you he's better than your low end PG. No timetable for Paul George either. Grab him now, Lou good 15-20 per with some dimes and a stl. And look, he readily available in most leagues.

Trying to squeeze out as many fg pts as I can rostering van fleet,  playing Lou would be an official tank, hard pass on Lou

46 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Huh? He has been trash all season

True. He has been bad. Those of us who have owned him before know what he can do when healthy. I think he’ll get better as his hip gets better. Or he may not. It’s a difficult hold ... but I like what was said before ... he’s better than most anybody I could find on waivers in 16 team 9-cat, and he does not hold much trade value at this point. 

Picked him up from waivers.  He's got a decent amount of upside as long as you're covered on STOCKS.  I think his hip is the main concern, but it'll get better as the season goes along.  He'll get a break at ASG too.  

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Huh? He has been trash all season

Look at his last three games. That's without Paul George. Sleep if you want to. One of my low guards is Seth Curry who's been struggling since he's been back, and the other is Coby White. I can lose them and forget about em' and worry about filling in when Paul gets back. Pounce like Tigger and worry bout the rest later.

Still haven't dropped him since i picked him up for when Kawhi & PG were out bc of Covid.

His track record literally says it all & it was tough for me to drop him because of that but wow it looks like it paid off for me even if it's just for a short amt of time. PG's toe does seem concerning though and there is no ETA on when he comes back. it's all about the minutes for Lou the production shouldn't be in question, just look at his game logs from the past 3 years when he gets his mins/usage. Luke Kennard isn't gonna cut it if the LAC want to win games which im sure they do if they wanna compete in the West and get a higher seeding & i think Ty Lue is realizing that now.

Man I dont know... Ive been the biggest fan of Lou for ages. But the fact is Clippers need to win without him as in playoffs he is good for nothing. So building identity around something else than him playing extended minutes is a must for real progress. PG being out will help, but will they still "unleash" him as it builds toward wrong outcome (him being integral part of their rotation come playoffs).

23 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Man I dont know... Ive been the biggest fan of Lou for ages. But the fact is Clippers need to win without him as in playoffs he is good for nothing. So building identity around something else than him playing extended minutes is a must for real progress. PG being out will help, but will they still "unleash" him as it builds toward wrong outcome (him being integral part of their rotation come playoffs).

Maybe they just want to showcase him for a trade, either way I'd love to see his minutes go up to 29min/game.

12 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

Is it really just one more game out for Paul George?

doubtful, he stayed home for the road trip to rest and aim to be back for the 6 game homestand. Depends how he responds to the rest and treatment but i wouldnt be surprised if it becomes more 4-5 games out. im more curious to know if lou can remain relevant once hes back or if hell go back to single digit points games 

• Like 1