NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Gordon 2020-2021 Outlook

mattshhh

He's been a fantasy killer multiple times and now finds his stock as low as I've seen it entering a season in which competition for minutes has magically disappeared; Isaac's out for the year and Aminu's out indefinitely with meniscus tear complications.

Active roster looks something like:

- Vucevic | Bamba | Birch

PF - Gordon | Okeke | Clark

SF - Ennis | Ross | Bacon

Can't speak for the potential of these kids but the depth crisis sets up Aar Gordon to approach his usage ceiling so I grabbed him at 75 despite the efficiency concerns. Usually the problem in Orlando has been too many bigs forcing them to use him at SF or cede his role, now they appear to have the opposite problem.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gordoaa01/splits/2020

Check his February, March, July and August (small sample yes but Isaac got hurt in January)

15 pts 6 rebs 3 steals in 19 minutes and

12 pts 3 rebs 6 assists in 16 minutes thus far in the pre season.

If your playing on Yahoo his SF eligibility gives him elite rebounds at the position, while if using him at PF those assists are nice. Perfect target for a punt FT build as the SF canidates are thin but in a normal build both %'s aren't pretty.

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Aaron Gordon 2020-2021 Outlook
14 minutes ago, BallAnd1 said:

Minute restriction on the 2nd half of a b2b game 

Is that a confirmed plan for AG? My sense tracking the line was that starting unit got vastly outplayed by bench so he kept rolling with them deep into the 4th. Some starters closed out but not Gordon.. tough night

I mistakenly dropped him in a 14-team league because of the underwhelming production with his minutes restriction. I thought he'll go irrelevant for another week or two. 

Sigh. Managing 7 leagues can get in your head sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BallAnd1 said:

Any potential as a point forward or an outlier game against the knicks? 

Don’t expect consistent play from AG. He can be a big time stat stuffer but he has a shaky jump shot and often forces the issue as a playmaker. He’s an awesome play for ft%/to punt builds. Maybe Fournier/MCW coming back will help him out a little in terms of efficiency. 

Definitely streaky. Had a great stat line until that last 1-2 minutes where missed 4 quick shots and that bad TO. Still, pretty good piece depending on what you need for your team and where you drafted him.

• Like 1