NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Gordon 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

By them, I meant reporters. Apparently that’s the offer that’s what the Celtics offered. 

Yahoo reported that the Rockets’ players felt like AG to Houston was a done deal but that he nixed it in the end because he didn’t want to go to a rebuilding team. His camp has also leaked that he wants to go to a big market with “a lot of brand marketing opportunities.”

If he doesn’t budge on those two requirements, then it eliminates all of the rumors except AG going to GSW or BOS. Next would be DEN but they’re a small market. I don’t think GSW or DEN are willing to offer multiple firsts and unless the Nuggets are willing to send MPJ in exchange, Smart would be the best target for the Magic. 

I don’t even think the Celtics offer is that good... Smart plus 2 firsts that are sure to be towards the end of the round and will be projected anyways. The Magic will send AG plus Fournier and his 17M expiring contract. Both give them shooting on good efficiency and might make it easier for them to try to move on from Kemba and maybe even make a move for Lonzo. 

Oh wow. I stand corrected then.

I guess I'm too huge of a Marcus Smart fan ( no shame in that ). Because no way.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where is the guy who keeps hyping up Micheal Carter Williams?

You're welcome Gordon owners. Benched him this week in my weekly lineup league. Expect this production to continue through Sunday

The magic are such a garbage team that even when their top guys go down, there's never any worthwhile adds

1 hour ago, Vikster07 said:

To Denver - how much of a drop off are we looking at?

I am looking at Gordon producing 75% of his current averages. Between Murray, Jokic, MPJ and Barton, not many shots left. Jovic and MPJ are good rebounders so fewer chances. 

2 hours ago, Vikster07 said:

To Denver - how much of a drop off are we looking at?

Less usage, better quality players around him, real team playing for something worth, I guess his numbers won't be so gaudy (points, rebounds, assists) like in Orlando but his percentages might improve aswell his defensive numbers, plus he won't miss games with bogus injuries.

He's a 14.6 ppg 6.6 reb 4.2 ast 0.6 stl 0.8 blk. 43.7% FG and 62.9% FT

in a more loaded team, let's be realistic. He's gonna lose some pt's and touches. And normally stocks and FT don't go up. So we might be looking at (and this my most optimistic guess):

13 ppg 5.5 reb 3 ast 0.6 stl 0.8 blk. 45.7% FG and 62.9% FT

That's waiver wire streamer material.

Yep this blows. Gordon's value has always been lower than it looks on paper due to inefficiency, so unless his fg% skyrockets in a superior system this is a strong drop candidate

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

He's a 14.6 ppg 6.6 reb 4.2 ast 0.6 stl 0.8 blk. 43.7% FG and 62.9% FT

in a more loaded team, let's be realistic. He's gonna lose some pt's and touches. And normally stocks and FT don't go up. So we might be looking at (and this my most optimistic guess):

13 ppg 5.5 reb 3 ast 0.6 stl 0.8 blk. 45.7% FG and 62.9% FT

That's waiver wire streamer material.

I am a bit less optimistic on regression. He will be like the 5th wheel. Gordon was never aggressive and no way he will get in Jovic's way. 

24 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Why not starting PF over Millsap?

Millsap will still command minutes and Gordon can't afford to lose much, if any, playing time on a team where his usage is bound to drop. The only thing that could save him is dramatically improving his fg% by finally having a playmaker of Jokic's caliber. Not counting on it though

He will basically replace what they gave up defensively losing Jerami Grant but with more athleticism. If he stays healthy, he will get minutes and get opportunities on offense.  Hopefully, with less pressure on offense as the 3rd or 4th option on most nights, he can be more efficient. 

20 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

He will basically replace what they gave up defensively losing Jerami Grant but with more athleticism. If he stays healthy, he will get minutes and get opportunities on offense.  Hopefully, with less pressure on offense as the 3rd or 4th option on most nights, he can be more efficient. 

The jerami comparison sinks my hopes even further.. dude was on waivers with denver then became a 3-4th rounder on a less crowded pistons. This feels like a reversal of that situation

2 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

I am a bit less optimistic on regression. He will be like the 5th wheel. Gordon was never aggressive and no way he will get in Jovic's way. 

Yeah my realistic expectation is literally around 10ppg and everything else lower. Basically I am certain he's becoming a streaming option only.

13 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

He is a terrible defender.  Nothing like Grant.

I’ll hold until he goes on 5-7 runs of terrible games. I think yesterday was an exception... the game was not close and MPJ had a career game. 

I think he’ll be better than waiver fodder but one of the last couple of guys at the end of your bench. Sadly, I think it would take an injury for him to produce good numbers. This was really the worst landing spot for him, even worse than the Celtics. Wish he had gone to the Rockets or the Warriors. 

He was really inefficient, and could not crack the top-200 (per BBM) before moving into a worse situation from a fantasy perspective.  I would have already dropped him if I had any shares, which I don’t, because he’s kinda garbage for fantasy — not to mention injury prone.  

Edited by 80version