NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Giannis is 26, it is impossible to tell if he will win the title or not .  By the way, LeBron was 27 when he won his first title in 2012 .  Jordan was 28

If keeping Giannis does not increase Bucks chances then I dont know what to tell you. I think their chances ate better with Giannis. 😁 What Bucks need is better coach

Posted Images

Free throws are half mental and Giannis has been on a steady decline for four years despite simultaneously improving as a shooter. I think people are also concerned about load managing a guy who doesn't need to overexert himself during the regular season.. but looking at his career stats, the dude does not miss time so whatever managing happens probably won't bite owners in the a**. I went with AD and let him fall to 4th

This season is all gonna be about how you can deal with "load management" on all the stars. First rounders like AD/LeBron are going to miss multiple games and Harden's situation is concerning to say the least. KAT looks like a mentally broken man and I'm very worried it spills onto his on court performance. I'd look for contending teams with younger players that are pushing for high seeding in the playoffs. To me, that means Luka is the defacto #1 overall this year with the lowest amount of risk.

I'd definitely take Giannis over AD even weighing the FT% because he's simply going to be available for more games throughout the season.

I'd probably go Luka, Giannis, Jokic, Dame, and Trae in my top 5.

Edited by nomidi
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Wow this is huge news. So much for the 2021 offseason being one of the best ever. I was hoping my Lakers would have a shot at signing him but I’m happy Milwaukee was able to bring him back. I like seeing small market teams resign their stars. But the pressure is still on Milwaukee. If they don’t keep him happy he’ll force his way out like AD did. That’s where small market teams mess up. They think because they signed him for 5 years they can relax, the pressure is still on to win and build a team around Giannis.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I got him at 4th and wouldve taken him in the top 3. Punt free throws and he's amazing

Yeah...thinking maybe taking him #1 overall...then pairing him with either Gobert or Drummond....or Luka and a punt ft% works too lol

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Good for him. Him and Lillard can sit on the back porch somewhere watching the sunset and talk tales about being loyal with 0 rings. 

While being served mohito's by Paul George 🔥

29 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Good for him. Him and Lillard can sit on the back porch somewhere watching the sunset and talk tales about being loyal with 0 rings. 

Giannis is 26, it is impossible to tell if he will win the title or not . 

By the way, LeBron was 27 when he won his first title in 2012 .  Jordan was 28

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I know about age. I just don’t trust Milwaukee to build a solid team around Giannis especially with his skill set. It’s the same reason why I don’t see Trae winning a ring in Atlanta. It sounds nice and would be great for the league but those two teams always get hyped and don’t produce playoff time.

Ray Allen (Bucks Years)

al Horford, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith (Atlanta) 

55 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

meh...still better than a fake KD ring

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I know about age. I just don’t trust Milwaukee to build a solid team around Giannis especially with his skill set. It’s the same reason why I don’t see Trae winning a ring in Atlanta. It sounds nice and would be great for the league but those two teams always get hyped and don’t produce playoff time.

Ray Allen (Bucks Years)

At least Bucks now have a solid chance.  Giannis, Middleton, Jrue  (and Lopez if he does not decline too fast) core  gives them good foundation to be a contender  in the next 2-3 years.

They got main pieces, now it's time to add complimentary  parts

16 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Ray Allen (Bucks Years)

Trae ain't winning rings because he cant play D to save his life and the rest of the dudes can only mask his flaws for so long. Bucks have built excellent teams but Gainnis consistently chokes come playoff time. His style is built for the season only but hes also still young and can still get better

8 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Trae ain't winning rings because he cant play D to save his life and the rest of the dudes can only mask his flaws for so long. Bucks have built excellent teams but Gainnis consistently chokes come playoff time. His style is built for the season only but hes also still young and can still get better

Agree. However looking at pre-season he seems to have finally worked on his midrange which is crucial come playoff time where you can’t bully ball nowhere near as much. Let’s see if he takes it into reg season. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

It's not questioning the talent of Giannis (he's a hall of famer at 26), it's more so questioning the team he's now tied to. They have few tradeable assets (lost a lot of picks) and its a market where free agents won't sign.  

Edited by brockpapersizer
4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

At least Bucks now have a solid chance.  Giannis, Middleton, Jrue  (and Lopez if he does not decline too fast) core  gives them good foundation to be a contender  in the next 2-3 years.

They got main pieces, now it's time to add complimentary  parts

OJ Mayo

Nikola Mirotic

Brogdon

Teletovic

Brandon Jennings

Jason Terry

Eric Bledsoe

thats some good talent.