NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Giannis is 26, it is impossible to tell if he will win the title or not .  By the way, LeBron was 27 when he won his first title in 2012 .  Jordan was 28

If keeping Giannis does not increase Bucks chances then I dont know what to tell you. I think their chances ate better with Giannis. 😁 What Bucks need is better coach

Posted Images

I don't think the bucks 4 out offense works if Giannis doesn't have a mid range pull up. 

I can already see it. Whoever is guarding donte is going to help set up the wall, Giannis passes to Donte who will go 2/7 from 3.

If Giannis is going to keep relying on teammates not being able to hit open 3s then a close mid range would be the highest percentage shot. If the defenders adjust and set the wall further out, you open up backdoor cuts or Giannis just straight up being able to beat the guy. 

Maybe im stupid but it seems obvious

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

The Bucks have had a solid chance for the last 4 seasons. Adding Jrue Holiday and keeping Giannis through 2024 doesn’t increase their chances at all. 

If keeping Giannis does not increase Bucks chances then I dont know what to tell you.

I think their chances ate better with Giannis. 😁

What Bucks need is better coach

• Like 2

If Milwaukee doesn’t put a solid team around him, he’ll force his way out like all the other big stars in small markets do. People hate it but that’s the business. Which is why I posted earlier the pressure is still on Milwaukee. Yeah, they bought themselves some time, he’ll be happy for a year or two, but if they still haven’t won anything big by then, he’ll hold out for a trade and that will be the end of that. Players, in most cases, have the leverage now. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

If Milwaukee doesn’t put a solid team around him, he’ll force his way out like all the other big stars in small markets do. People hate it but that’s the business. Which is why I posted earlier the pressure is still on Milwaukee. Yeah, they bought themselves some time, he’ll be happy for a year or two, but if they still haven’t won anything big by then, he’ll hold out for a trade and that will be the end of that. Players, in most cases, have the leverage now. 

Which is good. Tired of these trash owners and franchises holding great players hostage. We lost prime Cousins to Sacramento, almost prime AD to the Pelicans. Hopefully Milwaukee doesn’t waste prime Giannis on the Bucks like the Timberwolves wasted prime Garnett or how Orlando wasted prime Dwight. Forgot almost lost prime Lebron to Cleveland and might have another star in prime Booker and LaVine being stuck on the Suns and Bulls.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Which is good. Tired of these trash owners and franchises holding great players hostage. We lost prime Cousins to Sacramento, almost prime AD to the Pelicans. Hopefully Milwaukee doesn’t waste prime Giannis on the Bucks like the Timberwolves wasted prime Garnett or how Orlando wasted prime Dwight. Forgot almost lost prime Lebron to Cleveland and might have another star in prime Booker and LaVine being stuck on the Suns and Bulls.

Lost prime Lebron to Cle? How many times he take them to the finals in his first few years in the nba. Are you trolling? 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Lost prime Lebron to Cle? How many times he take them to the finals in his first few years in the nba. Are you trolling? 

Almost. Almost! You have to admit wasting 7 years of your career with one franchise is a waste of time. Imagine if Lebron was a RB. His career would have been over.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers

I’ll never punt free throws. Drafting Giannis just restricts your flexibility. That is, you take Giannis then the likes of LeBron, Simmons, Gobert, etc are off the table in round 2. But you can ameliorate the impact of Giannis’s free throw % as early as round 2. That and, who knows, maybe he will better at the line this year. Last year was uncharacteristically awful.

10 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I’ll never punt free throws. Drafting Giannis just restricts your flexibility. That is, you take Giannis then the likes of LeBron, Simmons, Gobert, etc are off the table in round 2. But you can ameliorate the impact of Giannis’s free throw % as early as round 2. That and, who knows, maybe he will better at the line this year. Last year was uncharacteristically awful.

or you can just punt FTs and he’s #1 in fantasy lol Giannis and Simmons/Gobert is a dream pairing 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

In your NBA there would only be 8 teams.

The reality is there are 30.

The league is already diluted enough with haves and have nots. I believe the league needs to figure out how to wrestle power from players or eliminate at least 6-8 teams that are merely acting as player development launching pads. 

Does anyone truly believe that outside of 4 teams (yes, Bucks are 1 even though they're not really) and catastrophic injuries that the title hunt is wide open? 

8 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

In your NBA there would only be 8 teams.

The reality is there are 30.

The league is already diluted enough with haves and have nots. I believe the league needs to figure out how to wrestle power from players or eliminate at least 6-8 teams that are merely acting as player development launching pads. 

Does anyone truly believe that outside of 4 teams (yes, Bucks are 1 even though they're not really) and catastrophic injuries that the title hunt is wide open? 

The two main problems right there.

Hence the reason why I said what I said. Half the teams in the NBA are not even competing, a race to the bottom.

3 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I don't remember when it wasn't like that. Many years less than 4.

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol dudes such a choker. 2 time MVP can’t make a free throw in an empty arena with the game on the line 

Its the weakeat part of his game. Even 2 time MVPs have flaws.....His FT % was better than most games, but he still failed his team when they needed him most. Hopefully, that fires him up to practice his FT's more and keep improving. I watched most of the game.

My bigger issue is he still tries some 3PT shots with nobody even close to the rim and too early in the shot clock. If he misses, it gives the rest of the 4 Bucks almost zero chance at the rebound.....Wasted possession IMO. 

Bucks need to stop that foolishness..  

14 minutes ago, injury said:

Its the weakeat part of his game. Even 2 time MVPs have flaws.....His FT % was better than most games, but he still failed his team when they needed him most. Hopefully, that fires him up to practice his FT's more and keep improving. I watched most of the game.

My bigger issue is he still tries some 3PT shots with nobody even close to the rim and too early in the shot clock. If he misses, it gives the rest of the 4 Bucks almost zero chance at the rebound.....Wasted possession IMO. 

Bucks need to stop that foolishness..  

Thats the Budenholzer special lol. Teams still dare him to shoot from deep and he is still bricking and shooting air balls. I get he has flaws but he has 2 MVP's missing free throws with the game on the line is not excusable especially with no fans to pressure you

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol dudes such a choker. 2 time MVP can’t make a free throw in an empty arena with the game on the line 

choker or not, this is fantasy basketball! when you drafted Giannis, you better have a good FT team to cancel out his poor FTs.

• Like 1

Giannis Antetokounmpo notched 15 points, 13 rebounds,  four assists and two turnovers in a decisive  Giannis Antetokounmpo notched 15 points with 13 rebounds,  four assists and two turnovers in a decisive  Giannis Antetokounmpo notched 15 points with 13 rebounds, four assists and two turnovers in a decisive 138-99 win over the Warriors on Christmas Day. 

Roto blurb lol

16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

This fool has become shish kabob this season 

He almost has a triple double with three stocks with 9 minutes left in the 3rd.  Bucks are just too good to have him shooting 20+ times every night.  Enjoy the assists and stocks man.

Edited by laurilegend

Can any Giannis owners from previous seasons weigh in... Does he typically take bad shots early in the season then settle things down as time goes on? I thought he was going to be a FG anchor but he seems to be taking some questionable shots.

15 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

He almost has a triple double with three stocks with 9 minutes left in the 3rd.  Bucks are just too good to have him shooting 20+ times every night.  Enjoy the assists and stocks man.

The complaining worked lol let me be