NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I must say that duel punting with Giannis only benefits your team overall if u continue that trend throughout the draft. 
in one of my free public leagues I picked up Giannis in the first round and decided to duel punt.

it went great to start as I picked giannis , Simmons , and Drummond. After that it went down hill as I found myself drafting from a limited pool of players, passing on players I knew that were better but didn’t draft them because it didn’t benefit my duel punt.

In punt builds you don't have to pass on players that do not fit your build perfectly.  In the middle rounds I usually draft best player available and trade them for better fits

• Like 1
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Giannis is 26, it is impossible to tell if he will win the title or not .  By the way, LeBron was 27 when he won his first title in 2012 .  Jordan was 28

If keeping Giannis does not increase Bucks chances then I dont know what to tell you. I think their chances ate better with Giannis. 😁 What Bucks need is better coach

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Coach said Giannis bumped his knee in the 4th Quarter.  Played through it but will be re-evaluated tomorrow Sunday. 

• 1 month later...

Milwaukee Bucks All-Star PF Giannis Antetokounmpo is being listed as doubtful to play in Monday’s game vs. the Indiana Pacers due to a knee injury. Giannis appeared to be OK in Saturday’s win over the San Antonio Spurs, scoring 26 points with 15 assists and 8 rebounds in 34 minutes. Antetokounmpo is dealing with a knee sprain, though we don’t know the severity of the injury right now. It looks like he’ll be sidelined to start the week.

What’s the word?  No player updates on Rotoworld.  

After today's game, Giannis would've had almost 2 weeks  (12 days) to rest the sore knee. It was a good rest strategy with the matchups in the week, but they lost a couple of winnable games. It doesn't really matter for the Bucks though since they are basically locked into the 3rd seed. 

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn’t look bad. He might’ve stayed in had the game been against a better team, but they were probably very confident in their ability to beat the Rockets even without Giannis.

He’s very probably resting today (dang!) but don’t write him off yet. They’d love to go up in the standings and have an outside chance of catching up to the Nets. The bucks are 4.5 games behind them, but the Nets play the Blazers today, possibly without Kyrie, then play @ Bucks 2x, @ Mavs, @ Nuggets, @ Bulls, and vs the Spurs. Meanwhile, the Bucks have an easy schedule to end the season after the Nets. It’s unlikely, but not inconceivable that the Nets lose 5 of those games, but it won’t matter if the bucks lose today and get 5.5 games behind them.