NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Hunter 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.radio.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-could-see-deandre-hunter-return-this-week

shhh keep this quiet. I like your use of transparent font 👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️

5 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

still starting and getting the minutes, no? he’s been looking nice in preseason 

I have Hunter and Reddish sitting on my waiver wire in a 14 team league. 

I want to drop Favors or T.Ross for one of them.

Just not sure who.

He definitely has the ability for top 100, but think whoever lands in the 2nd unit will put up better stats, too much talent in the first unit. 

Prior to the FA signings, it would've been exciting to see which of the wings (Reddish, Hunter, Huerter) gets the starting nod. With Danillo and Bogdanovic in there now, you'd need to be a prophet, a close friend with coach Lloyd or close friend of the Atlanta GM to confidently say "Hunter/Reddish/Huerter is going to get big minutes over Bogdanovic and Gallo".

Watch from afar but there's really not much for me to think I'd waste a pick on Hunter expecting large minutes and consistent production.

• Like 1

Starting for the Hawks might not mean much this year outside of the studs in Trae/Collins. They have a ton of depth and pushed a crap load of money into free agency signings. While developing Hunter is likely in their plans it's no guarantee that he's going to be able to hold onto a lion share of minutes when there are multiple proven and expensive players coming off the bench.

This is not the year for consistent production for him.

10 hours ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

I have Hunter and Reddish sitting on my waiver wire in a 14 team league. 

I want to drop Favors or T.Ross for one of them.

Just not sure who.

He definitely has the ability for top 100, but think whoever lands in the 2nd unit will put up better stats, too much talent in the first unit. 

i would drop either one for hunter 

he’s going to get minutes at both forward spots, regardless of whos there 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, rando said:

Dang consensus talk forcing him up the rankings... . So does anyone above see him being anything better than a bricklayer with his %s?

For what it's worth, Lloyd thinks he's their best wing defender & Hunter mentioned he wants to be the best at that as well. Its just really difficult to tell at the moment, but my bet would be on Bogdanovic coz he just got paid and this line up is looking to make the playoffs, not solely focus on player development.

DeAndre has looked solid this preseason and seems to have locked up that starting position (w/ his defense too). I went ahead and picked him up from my leagues FA wire and hope he breaks out.  He's got the size and his off season work has seemed to pay off. Let's hope it transitions over to the regular season.

• Like 3
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Deandre Hunter 2020-2021 Outlook

Intrigued by this guy. He was scouted as a coach's dream due to his ability to play defense while still hitting the 3. However, he is not regarded as anything in fantasy because his defense doesn't translate into counting stars.

Why is he getting minutes over Reddish and Huerter? Cause this ATL team needs a solid defender to balance out Trae. 

If Gallo is out, he might have a big night. I am interested to see if his new numbers are a new thing this year. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

damn we getting used to lines like this?

happy to have drafted him in the 12th. really liked his game last year. doesn't force anything

Drafted him laaaate and didn't expect nearly this kind of production. It's been very surprising. Is it sustainable? I'm skeptical, but would be more than happy to be wrong.

50 minutes ago, markdash said:

Drafted him laaaate and didn't expect nearly this kind of production. It's been very surprising. Is it sustainable? I'm skeptical, but would be more than happy to be wrong.

idk if the high FG is sustainable, but I think something around 14p/6r/1.5a 2 threes  1stl .5 blks 47% 79% is about where he'll fall at. definitely a hold.

• Like 1