NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Hunter 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.radio.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-could-see-deandre-hunter-return-this-week

shhh keep this quiet. I like your use of transparent font 👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️

Not fun going up against this guy. Had the opportunity to pick him up early this season but decided against it (partly influenced by Josh Lloyd's constant negativity about this guy, saying he shouldn't have been a lottery pick).  Independent thought is the way to go. Congrats on everyone who has picked him up. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Not fun going up against this guy. Had the opportunity to pick him up early this season but decided against it (partly influenced by Josh Lloyd's constant negativity about this guy, saying he shouldn't have been a lottery pick).  Independent thought is the way to go. Congrats on everyone who has picked him up. 

really? that's surprising. josh usually is a solid evaluator of talent. guess definitely not this time lol

• Like 1

Just traded this guy and norm powell for Nurk in a keeper league. Im regretting it now, but I think he'll regress once Galinari/bogdon comes back. He had a big game because trae and Capela were out. 

1 minute ago, eladamrine said:

Just traded this guy and norm powell for Nurk in a keeper league. Im regretting it now, but I think he'll regress once Galinari/bogdon comes back. He had a big game because trae and Capela were out. 

you realize gallinari has been back right? and he's been great all year with trae and capela.. lol

i smell some cope

10 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

you realize gallinari has been back right? and he's been great all year with trae and capela.. lol

i smell some cope

definitely some self consolation haha. I don't know why i was so caught up on getting Nurk when he is out 8 weeks and i'll only have him for like 4 of the regular season. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, eladamrine said:

definitely some self consolation haha. I don't know why i was so caught up on getting Nurk when he is out 8 weeks and i'll only have him for like 4 of the regular season. 

lol yeahh thats a tough one. i know nurk was a fourth/fifth round guy a couple years ago but... hunter is that right now so.. yeah. could be a decent sell high but i'd only do that if nurk was healthy atm. just me though

22 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

lol yeahh thats a tough one. i know nurk was a fourth/fifth round guy a couple years ago but... hunter is that right now so.. yeah. could be a decent sell high but i'd only do that if nurk was healthy atm. just me though

yes bit of a gamble. he was a 2nd round player in our league in 18/19 as we count double doubles. showed some promise in the bubble but wasn't good this season. lets see what hunter turns into when everyone is healthy...hopefully I wont be too sad. 

On 27/1/2021 at 3:57 AM, justaguy said:

I actually picked him up and dropped him because he was shooting 30% from the field. Josh sh*tting on him didn't help. Lol

This guy looks so damn good out there this year. Just a totally different player - more assertive, better defence, confidence in his shot, just all around looks more comfortable. Most importantly, he's been incredibly consistent as Atlanta's third option and rarely has a bad game. 

I think this breakout is for real and he might be pickup or draft pick of the year in a lot of leagues. Only 23 years old and has even more room to grow. He's gold in keeper/dynasty leagues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rolled_set said:

How long do we think he’ll be out?

re-evaluated in a week

since it was something he was able to play on, i’m assuming he’ll be out 2-3 weeks .. they’ll probably reevaluate him on a week to week basis til he feels comfortable playing. 

1 hour ago, BykeINIT said:

re-evaluated in a week

since it was something he was able to play on, i’m assuming he’ll be out 2-3 weeks .. they’ll probably reevaluate him on a week to week basis til he feels comfortable playing. 

Source?

2 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

Source?

he is out Monday  but maybe reevaluated Tuesday and play Wednesday. It may also take longer than a week. Hawks didn’t say he is out “at least one week” tho. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I’m not a doctor, but ain’t he a little young for “wear and tear” in his knee?

Yeah I was thinking that too... And not saying he isn't good but he and Huerter have been the wings that has stayed heavy from Reddish and Bogie. Capella to an extent too. So he has been playing a lot that might not come in the future.