NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Deandre Hunter 2020-2021 Outlook

BykeINIT

Collins, Danilo, Bogdanavic, Huerter, Capela, Cam Reddish, seems very crowded in Atlanta. Is the upside worth it here to roster an injured guy?

2 hours ago, spd2base said:

Collins, Danilo, Bogdanavic, Huerter, Capela, Cam Reddish, seems very crowded in Atlanta. Is the upside worth it here to roster an injured guy?

Cream rises to the top, and he was playing the best out of everyone on the team other than Trae and Capela. He pretty much powered his way into being important. Doubt Reddish, Huerter, Bogdan etc take anything away from him cause he's just better than them. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 9:16 AM, spd2base said:

I believe so, this stud was top 30 (or near) before his injury.  I am holding fasho and I have 3 injuries with 2 IL 

3 minutes ago, BlackHole said:

I believe so, this stud was top 30 (or near) before his injury.  I am holding fasho and I have 3 injuries with 2 IL 

Seconded. I do have reservations about how quickly his minutes will ramp up and about his ability to play B2B's, but he's the real deal.

Many people, myself included, thought Cam was the guy to own, but it was clear who coach favored in terms of minutes and usage. Assuming he comes back to full health I dont see the crowded backcourt getting in his way (and we had a pretty good sample size before he went down to prove it), especially considering the rest/injury liability of Gallo and BogBog.  

It also helps that Hawks are vying for the playoffs. 

I also may be biased since I just traded Love for him and need to talk him up to further justify my sentiments toward the move. 

Nate McMillan on De'Andre Hunter's rehab: "He's doing well. His rehab is coming along. He's out on the floor working. We're hoping he'll be able to join the team soon." Hunter's re-evaluation date is March 19.

32 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Nate McMillan on De'Andre Hunter's rehab: "He's doing well. His rehab is coming along. He's out on the floor working. We're hoping he'll be able to join the team soon." Hunter's re-evaluation date is March 19.

shhh keep this quiet. I like your use of transparent font 👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️

• Haha 6

On 3/10/2021 at 3:34 PM, Nica4two said:

How heavy do you guys see his restrictions being once he's back?  Seems like it'll be cutting it mighty close come fantasy playoffs time.

2 weeks of restrictions seems about right, barring absolutely zero setbacks 

10 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

What's our expectations going forward? 

Suddenly a pretty loaded Hawks squad with many mouths to fill

He's a franchise cornerstone he will get his touches and be ok. Expect some games where Collins, Capela and Gallo play less 

18 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

he's not gonna produce at an elite level like he was right away. i bet most of you drop him within the next 4 days or so.

itll probably take a week or two and even then i expect his production to be muted. mostly having to do with minutes, they have to be really careful with him imo. to me he's just a hold in dynasty. maybe if we're lucky around fantasy playoffs he'll be producing at a top 80 level

just my expectation, could be completely wrong, but thats just how i feel as of now

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

It'll take him some time to ramp up but I think he'll start to produce numbers fairly close to his season averages. I know the Hawks rotation is loaded but he's easily the best out of that Bogdan/Gallo/Huerter/Reddish SG/SF group, and his play earlier on in the season proved it. I can't see him losing minutes based solely on talent alone. 

People just need to be patient with him. He's coming from a fairly serious injury, ahead of schedule, and it'll be baby steps at first

Edited by fabrar

9 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

So anyone watching his game today? Did he look as bad out there as the box score suggests?

Cmon hes playing limited minutes. what do you expect?