NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Deandre Hunter 2020-2021 Outlook

BykeINIT

4 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

... look at my last post lol. what did you guys expect?

I swear to God man, some of these posts make me want to rip my hair out. This dude missed weeks upon weeks due to a serious injury, and already came back ahead of schedule. Wtf are people expecting, him putting up his season averages in the first game back? 

It's like nobody has ever played fantasy before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I swear to God man, some of these posts make me want to rip my hair out. This dude missed weeks upon weeks due to a serious injury, and already came back ahead of schedule. Wtf are people expecting, him putting up his season averages in the first game back? 

It's like nobody has ever played fantasy before. 

lmao half the posts on this forum are people being clueless. i assume its just ppl who are casual fans who periodically check their stats in their coworker's league and don't actually love basketball or watch the games. thats fine, its just funny and hopefully they learn going forward

• Like 1

i mean, i think you do need to temper expectations ROS tbh 

i could be wrong, but considering he’s coming off the injury + a there being logjam at that position, i don’t expect him to be back to his season averages this season. 

• Thanks 1

He looked ok out there, promising they gave him 20 minutes in his first game back and he got time down the stretch. They need to free up minutes on the wing and trade Gallinari or Bogdonovic this year because their rotation will be a mess otherwise. Hunter is the future. 

2 minutes ago, TeddieM said:

He looked ok out there, promising they gave him 20 minutes in his first game back and he got time down the stretch. They need to free up minutes on the wing and trade Gallinari or Bogdonovic this year because their rotation will be a mess otherwise. Hunter is the future. 

He's a much much better defender than both of those guys. I don't see his minutes being affected. 25 mins + ROS. 

I just don't want them to run that awful Rondo/Bogi/Gallinari/Hunter lineup again. Bunch of ball hogs/chuckers. 

• Like 1

Gallo got hurt surprise surprise and Bog is trash this dude is very important to their team he will be fine guys chill. IMO he is their third most important and best player behind Trae and Capela

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Gallo got hurt surprise surprise and Bog is trash this dude is very important to their team he will be fine guys chill. IMO he is their third most important and best player behind Trae and Capela

Yup Hunter is a big part of their future. Great defender and great scorer - 2-way players like that aren't easy to come by. He will ramp up and start soon enough with big minutes

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 2:52 PM, lethotjames23 said:

he's not gonna produce at an elite level like he was right away. i bet most of you drop him within the next 4 days or so.

itll probably take a week or two and even then i expect his production to be muted. mostly having to do with minutes, they have to be really careful with him imo. to me he's just a hold in dynasty. maybe if we're lucky around fantasy playoffs he'll be producing at a top 80 level

just my expectation, could be completely wrong, but thats just how i feel as of now

yall need to start calling me nostrodamus. watch the drops after this game

2 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

You're aware he's coming off knee surgery right? Nostradamus was a bigger fool than you go to sleep kid 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

How's kleber treating you? Must own eh 😂

Edited by taenggg
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

Literally everyone knew he would be slow to ramp up lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Literally everyone knew he would be slow to ramp up lol

my point is that all these people who picked him up expecting him to produce immediately would drop soon enough and probably regret it eventually.

also the comment was clearly tounge in cheek, but i actually am usually right about everything regardless 🤓

8 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

lmao

you mean the guy thats top 90 the last week while even struggling? yeah lmao

Pretty sure that's his ceiling considering he's never finished in the top 100 in his entire career, but yeah a must own IMO

• Haha 1

Just now, taenggg said:

Pretty sure that's his ceiling considering he's never finished in the top 100 in his entire career, but yeah a must own IMO

he's top ~110 on the season, and hits out of position 3s, doesn't turn it over or miss fts, blocks some shots and gets a solid amount of rebounds. in deep leagues that's pretty valuable. what even is your point here lmao

9 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

he's top ~110 on the season, and hits out of position 3s, doesn't turn it over or miss fts, blocks some shots and gets a solid amount of rebounds. in deep leagues that's pretty valuable. what even is your point here lmao

That jackass missed a FT for me last night. Stop lying bro!!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Anyone else concerned here? Tempted to swap him for Gallo or Bog but they are also injury prone lol and dude was top 50 before he got hurt

He was out for almost 2 months with a serious injury, you have to give him 4-5 games at the very least, and possibly more, to ramp up to close to what he was. It's going to be a patience-tester for sure. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Anyone else concerned here? Tempted to swap him for Gallo or Bog but they are also injury prone lol and dude was top 50 before he got hurt

I tried to stay away from Atlanta wings for this very reason.

When fully healthy , gonna be hard to predict who goes off on a nightly basis.

A very unpleasant carousel ride if you will.

I guess your best bet is Hunter, with the most youth + upside

( shown flashes of high end production prior too )

Honestly all these guys have balled for short periods of time when they played.

Huerter, Gallo, Cam (last year atleast), Hunter. & most recently Bogdan

Boggie did sign a pretty substantial contract. You’d think his mins are locked and loaded too

The real test will be once Cam Reddish returns.

In short it’s a pretty fluid situation. 

Edited by RunCMC